Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You totally forgot to mention that to reinstall the tie downs to the top of the box requires a proper size tap or disposable bolts to chase the threads in the box top. There is no way even Hulk Hogan could screw in the screws by hand first time. Real pain.
True, that. I figured I'd go to Lowes and get replacements with hex tops so I can ratchet them down. Attempting that with the Allen wrench only worked a couple of turns.
Something I didn't think through was the 3" empty space on each side. I'm thinking maybe the scissor jack and tools will fit in on one side, and maybe a tool roll o the other. Cleaning dust and debris out of those space (and underneath the box) will be an on-going chore. But it's strong, I like the compartment setup, and it locks--very handy for those of us who carry firearms.
Sponsored

OP
OP
0321_Bronco

0321_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Raptor, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@0321_Bronco, thanks for starting this thread with your thoughts and ideas. I just installed it, and you had several helpful ideas. I put in two extra washers on the front (gate-side) posts, and it rolls in and out good and clear. That is one heavy box!
The right front (gate-side) nut-on-post was a...beast! I tried to start that with my left hand, right hand, different finger angles, couldn't get that thread started. I finally set the nut in a shallow socket, stuck that on a short-handled straight driver, and was able to rotate that until it finally caught the thread.
I don't have a calibrated torque (w)ratchet. I figured SAE "Good Enough" would do, but finally tightened them to metric "That'll Do."
Thanks for the tips!
Hey, congrats on the install. Glad the tips helped. Amazing how those washers make a difference in how it rolls out. Really glad it helped! Now you can enjoy loading it up, taking it all out, removing dividers, reorganizing. Makes OCD a dream come true!

OP
OP
0321_Bronco

0321_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Raptor, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

True, that. I figured I'd go to Lowes and get replacements with hex tops so I can ratchet them down. Attempting that with the Allen wrench only worked a couple of turns.
Something I didn't think through was the 3" empty space on each side. I'm thinking maybe the scissor jack and tools will fit in on one side, and maybe a tool roll o the other. Cleaning dust and debris out of those space (and underneath the box) will be an on-going chore. But it's strong, I like the compartment setup, and it locks--very handy for those of us who carry firearms.

The tie downs reinstalled with little trouble. I would use an electric driver but there is nothing hard about getting them reinstalled. No need to spend more money on new bolts. They are really tie downs so I'd go easy on the ratcheting.

As for the space on the sides, it's great for a couple MOLLE bags, winch rope dampeners fit nicely there, etc. As for cleaning under it. A swifter works. If you have a real problem with dirt, pull the drawer out couple times a year and vacuum.

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No - The box is higher.

IMG_0297.jpeg

Great write-up!

I added a rubber mat on top of mine. Works great for protecting the box and stops stuff from sliding around. I also added the Ford cargo net.

1668705181483.png
Where did you get the rubber mat?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

SpikeBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can anyone tell me what the interior drawer dimensions are? I have not been able to find them other than they say it offers 5.5 cubic feet of space...
Sponsored