Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is third row seating possible in the bronco?
Donā€™t know. People been doing it in Jeepā€™s for years. Definitely not legal and probably not safe. People take the rear seat of a 2 door wrangler and mount them in the cargo area of a 4 door wrangler and voila, 3 row wrangler. 3rd row isnā€™t suited for anyone older than 10, but thatā€™s what Iā€™d put back there. (Not that Iā€™m actually planning on doing it)

B-Rad

First Edition
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco 1978 Bronco 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
8B878B68-8508-4D83-B4B4-2A20B5CD0DFA.jpeg

A9886E82-F22B-4F74-AAEB-F3FFFA6EE855.jpeg

This is from my first installation attempt, when I put the drawers on top of my original plywood floor. It looked odd. I didn't like the raw metal look of the top of the drawers.

Also, the drawers come with a 50 lbs load rating / warning for the top side, which is why it seemed better to put the plywood on the top as well.
Awesome thanks! I like the plywood on top. I just wanted to see how much room was between the back of the seats and the front of the drawer box. Does the drawer bank rattle much off-road?

OP
OP
BroncoUnicorn

BroncoUnicorn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base 2dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Awesome thanks! I like the plywood on top. I just wanted to see how much room was between the back of the seats and the front of the drawer box. Does the drawer bank rattle much off-road?
The drawers themselves are very heavy duty and do not rattle. The things inside sometimes bounce around and make a little noise.

GreyBronco

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element. 2 Civics and a Kawasaki ZRX1200R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This looks great! Just wondering if I could just get the drawer and not the cheap cabinet? I have a couple of huge Dell server drawer glides that will increase the stability. Man I cant wait to get a VIN!

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Donā€™t know. People been doing it in Jeepā€™s for years. Definitely not legal and probably not safe. People take the rear seat of a 2 door wrangler and mount them in the cargo area of a 4 door wrangler and voila, 3 row wrangler. 3rd row isnā€™t suited for anyone older than 10, but thatā€™s what Iā€™d put back there. (Not that Iā€™m actually planning on doing it)
A little sideways jump seat like the old FJs had might work, but not for an on-road safety application.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Last edited:

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

395CEE7C-64B2-49E3-A6F6-BDD001C6DE9F.jpeg

2168C3BF-C0E0-485F-B546-15C8FFCD10A4.jpeg

85F23B29-3C65-41AA-8573-54D3921CE623.jpeg

The 4dr and 2dr Broncos have very similar rear compartment sizes once you remove the 2dr rear seats.

The official Ford Accessory metal drawers for the 4dr fit just fine here. The front side bolts go right into the same factory tie down positions.

The floor on top is the original 3/4 plywood from my first build thread, that I simply moved to the top of the drawers. It is currently bolted into the top of the drawers in the front with eye bolts, and secured on the seating side with some straps until I build some other solution there.
You are da man. I've been tormenting a plan for a 2-door with a platform in the back that would have storage underneath and slide/flip out to provided a table/sleeping platform. I will def. be looking into this solution. My plan was to have the platform split down the middle so there would be access to the storage below. This is genius! I was impressed by your original thread, but now I bow low and we are all in your shadow.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm hoping if they ever make that pull out tailgate it can work in a 2door with the rear seats out like the drawer does šŸ¤ž

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice job. I would like to see someone do a 4-door cargo enclosure in a 2-door.
What kind of range are you getting in the 2-door?

Sponsored

Jubear

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Love the work you have put into this. Waiting patiently for my build/truck. Thank you for all the picks.

OP
OP
BroncoUnicorn

BroncoUnicorn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base 2dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice job. I would like to see someone do a 4-door cargo enclosure in a 2-door.
What kind of range are you getting in the 2-door?
That's what this was. šŸ˜ An enclosure specc'd for a 4 door but installed in the 2 door with the rear seats out.

Range is ok. Fuel tank is small and mileage isn't great, so maybe 250-300 max range.

Edit: whoops, @Felix808 said enclosure not drawers.

Last edited:

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's what this was. šŸ˜ An enclosure specc'd for a 4 door but installed in the 2 door with the rear seats out.

Range is ok. Fuel tank is small and mileage isn't great, so maybe 250-300 max range.
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of how this would look lined up with the front seats on the 2-door. Again great job on what you did.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
the drawers come with a 50 lbs load rating / warning for the top side, which is why it seemed better to put the plywood on the top as well.
With the 3/4ā€ plywood on top, think the weight limit would be an issue for a grown man to sleep on top?
Sponsored