First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
So only give them incentives to find oil to use in pretty much everything you buy, just not for fuels for cars. Good luck with that.
No, I mean no incentives to the petroleum industry at all. People whine about the $7,500 credit to EVs all the time but don't realize the billions that go to the petroleum industry nor wonder why is gas in the US so cheap compared to most of the rest of the world.
The incentive should be being able to sell their product like everything else in the world...
Is it ok for the government to financially incentivize the metal industry to be able to sell everything they make with metals?

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would consider a hybrid Bronco, or truck if the cost of the added fuel economy would pay for it in a fast time frame- like 50k miles.
I would consider a totally electric car or SUV once they reach a 500 mile range and their are EV fast chargers on every street corner AND the price of the charge doesn't cost more than a gas fill up.

I have no interest in an electric Super Duty but would consider a hybrid if its cost effective

For me it comes down to cost effective, not trying to be green or cool.. I have done my part over the last 40 years as a farmer with soil and water conservation. It's you city slickers turn now. LOL

Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Only Nostradamus knows, certainly not Farley.
I mean, I think we all know ICE is at the end of life. I’m sure it will always exist in some form, but it’s time as the dominant type of engine is nearing its end.

Farley seems semi clueless. Not sure if he actually is, but that sure is the impression he gives

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
30 years is a long time frame. Think back to 1992 and anyone that predicted GT500 or Hellcat Red Eyes would be considered a lunatic. We all thought V8s would be dead by 2000.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually this is not true. Rocketing EV car sales last year put them close to 10% of all sales in 2021. Insane growth... Of course not the majority of sales, but a fast trend....
If you're counting all types it was less than 9%. If we're talking EV (electric power only) it was 3%.

So even if non-stop bonkers increases are seen in the rate it will still take a decade to reach the majority of sales.

jinskeep

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 Raptor 2007 GT500 2020 GT500 2021 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
EV's heavily advertised for stock values.

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Electrics get talked about constantly, but hardly anyone is actually buying them.
I wouldn’t go that far — there’s a metric butt ton of them around here. I’m starting to see as many Teslas as Wranglers. And that’s a lot.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn’t go that far — there’s a metric butt ton of them around here. I’m starting to see as many Teslas as Wranglers. And that’s a lot.
National averages are quite low. 3% of sales, and easily less than 1% of what's on the road.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.