Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 Westy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My question is: What exactly does "Orders Placed Before March 19, 2021" mean? Is that my original $100 deposit which was supposed to lock in my purchase price, which i did that prior to 3/19/21 or is it the date when i dropped of my $1,000 check at the local dealer? which I did after 3/19/21...

A recent update from Ford below.

Jim Farley told Bloomberg the company would try to scale Bronco production fast, but would have to “communicate to (buyers) what’s realistic.” The full statement Ford provided is the following:

Meeting the phenomenal demand and interest for the Bronco during the pandemic and supply chain crisis has been challenging. We are increasing production as quickly as possible to help meet this demand. We are aware that some customers who placed orders at certain dealerships may be waiting longer than expected. We are investigating why this has occurred at a limited number of dealerships. While each Ford dealer is independently owned and operated, Ford Motor Company is doing as much as we can during these unprecedented times to deliver Bronco SUVs to customers as quickly as possible. This includes providing price protection through the 2023 model year for customers with orders placed before March 19, 2021, continuing to offer new special editions and options to thank them for their loyalty and patience. Additionally, if a customer isn’t happy with their dealer experience, they have an option to transfer their reservation or unscheduled order to a different dealer. We encourage customers that may have questions or concerns to contact the Ford Bronco Support Team at 1-800-334-4375.​
In response to the question about allocations, regardless of the vehicle, we communicate to our dealers that we expect them to operate within Ford’s allocation system, which treats all dealers fairly and complies with state laws, and to not take customer orders in excess of what the dealer knows it can fill.​

https://jalopnik.com/ford-keeps-sending-the-bronco-to-dealers-who-mark-up-pr-1848534799
Sponsored

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“Additionally, if a customer isn’t happy with their dealer experience, they have an option to transfer their reservation or unscheduled order to a different dealer.”

Bold faced lie alert. Reminder: My transfer request sat unanswered for 5 months. Not one single update was provided. No agent would give me a timeline, a hint of timeline, or any indication that my request advanced from “open request” in any way at all. For five months.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is an order or a reservation on or before 3/19/21 that qualifies for the price protection through 2023 MY. So you are covered.
I believe you would have had to convert your reservation to an order for the price protection to apply. Simply having a reservation before 3/19/21 will not suffice.

Edit: There have been numerous posts showing prior Ford memos that state reservation holders and orders are afforded price protection. So, if you reserved before 3/19/21 but ordered after that date you may still qualify for price protection.

Last edited:

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My question is: What exactly does "Orders Placed Before March 19, 2021" mean? Is that my original $100 deposit which was supposed to lock in my purchase price, which i did that prior to 3/19/21 or is it the date when i dropped of my $1,000 check at the local dealer? which I did after 3/19/21...

A recent update from Ford below.

Jim Farley told Bloomberg the company would try to scale Bronco production fast, but would have to “communicate to (buyers) what’s realistic.” The full statement Ford provided is the following:

Meeting the phenomenal demand and interest for the Bronco during the pandemic and supply chain crisis has been challenging. We are increasing production as quickly as possible to help meet this demand. We are aware that some customers who placed orders at certain dealerships may be waiting longer than expected. We are investigating why this has occurred at a limited number of dealerships. While each Ford dealer is independently owned and operated, Ford Motor Company is doing as much as we can during these unprecedented times to deliver Bronco SUVs to customers as quickly as possible. This includes providing price protection through the 2023 model year for customers with orders placed before March 19, 2021, continuing to offer new special editions and options to thank them for their loyalty and patience. Additionally, if a customer isn’t happy with their dealer experience, they have an option to transfer their reservation or unscheduled order to a different dealer. We encourage customers that may have questions or concerns to contact the Ford Bronco Support Team at 1-800-334-4375.

In response to the question about allocations, regardless of the vehicle, we communicate to our dealers that we expect them to operate within Ford’s allocation system, which treats all dealers fairly and complies with state laws, and to not take customer orders in excess of what the dealer knows it can fill.

https://jalopnik.com/ford-keeps-sending-the-bronco-to-dealers-who-mark-up-pr-1848534799
order date is the date you ordered. The $100 just gave you a spot in line to order one eventually, but was not an order and doesn't promise you to ever get a Bronco if you read the fine print.

3/19 your actual order based on what you select from B&P had to be placed at a dealer, the 1000 extra deposit is just your dealers strange request. If you placed the actual order after 3/19 the above does not apply.

MSRP didn't change all that much from 21 to 22 I think?

Sponsored

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is an order or a reservation on or before 3/19/21 that qualifies for the price protection through 2023 MY. So you are covered.
An order is not the same as a reservation, so based on the wording I don’t believe price protection would apply to anyone who didn’t convert their reservation to an order before 19 March 2021

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Saw4Fire

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What kind of price increase can those of us that are after march 19 2021 expect? Seems ridiculous that anyone who placed a order before said price increase should have to pay it. I placed my order almost 7 months ago and to think I have to pay more for my rig seems crazy

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What kind of price increase can those of us that are after march 19 2021 expect? Seems ridiculous that anyone who placed a order before said price increase should have to pay it. I placed my order almost 7 months ago and to think I have to pay more for my rig seems crazy
None, unless Ford announces some other protection plan going forward.

Sponsored

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Order banks opened mid-January 2021, so if you placed your order with your dealer between mid-January 2021 and mid-March 2021... you got price protection. Ford has already committed to that.
This doesn’t answer OP’s more difficult question about what happens if you have an unconverted reservation dated before March 2021.

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

None, unless Ford announces some other protection plan going forward.
I ordered in early July 21, if I’m rolled into a 2023 after reordering a 2022 with a price increase, I will be pissed.

let’s hope not

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As others have mentioned... it was a reservation that was converted to an order before or on March 19th, 2021. A reservation alone does not suffice.

Order banks opened mid-January 2021, so if you placed your order with your dealer between mid-January 2021 and mid-March 2021... you got price protection. Ford has already committed to that.

They have not committed to anything for those who placed their order after March 19th, 2021.
Please stop giving out this misinformation, people may make decisions based on it. Below is an Email from Ford sent out circa 3/26/21, I will bold, yellow, and increase font size on the relevant passage;

March 25, 2021

Dear Bronco Owner:

When we thought about bringing Bronco back after 25 years, we couldn't have imagined the enthusiasm this vehicle would generate, and we are truly grateful for the overwhelming response. In fact, we didn't expect as many orders for high-end series, packages, and options.

Add on a global pandemic, and this vehicle launch quickly escalated to one of the biggest challenges we've faced in years. These challenges have resulted in product changes for your Bronco order, which we want to share with you today. We know this news will be frustrating, and for this we sincerely apologize.
Black Painted Modular Hard Top & Dual Top Roof Update

In October of 2020, we told you that the black painted modular hard top and dual top roofs were not going to be available for the start of production this summer. At that time, we believed we could still offer these features as a late summer availability option for 2021 model year. However, due to the continued effects of COVID-19 on our supplier, the black painted modular hard top and dual top roofs will unfortunately not be available until 2022 model year.

Customers who currently have the black painted modular hard top or dual top roof selected will have the following options (your MSRP price will be adjusted accordingly):

1. Order the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top roof (you can see a version here)
  2. Order the black soft top roof (with exception of Wildtrak and 2-door) (you can see a version here)
  3. Wait for black painted modular hard top or dual top roof option for 2022 model year

To make it right for not being able to get the roof option you selected, we will provide 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points ($1,000 value) if you take delivery of a 2021 model year Bronco. Since all roof options will be available for 2022 model year, only those who take delivery of their Bronco in 2021 will be eligible for this offer. We hope you'll use these points to personalize your Bronco including several roof accessory choices through Ford Accessories. Your dealer will have more details on these options in the coming weeks and can also explain the redemption process.
Complimentary Sound Deadening Headliner

To try to make it right for you we'll be providing complimentary sound deadening headliners on all Broncos equipped with a molded-in-color roof ($495 value).

• If you ordered a cloth or leather interior you will receive the headliner automatically.
  • If you ordered a Marine Grade Vinyl interior you have the option to add in the headliner at no cost, as you may want the functionality of a wash out interior.
  • If your vehicle was ordered with the sound deadening headliner, your price will be reduced by $495 MSRP.
Production Update

While retail deliveries remain on track to begin this Summer, the continued effects of COVID-19 on our supplier readiness means more customers will get a 2022 model year Bronco than initially planned. We are addressing this longer wait by:

• Investing millions of additional dollars to increase production of key high demand features so you can take delivery of your ideal Bronco as soon as possible.
  • Offering price protection to all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021). This will ensure you will not see an increase in the MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2022 model year Bronco.
While You Wait

We know you want your Bronco. And we want to get you and your Bronco out on the trails as soon as possible. While you wait, we're developing exclusive experiences for you, including early access to Bronco Off-Roadeo and we are providing you a $250 voucher to be used at any one of the four Bronco Off-Roadeos – this can be used for experience add-ons, merchandise, or toward the price of bringing a guest and is valid until December 2023. To learn more about Bronco Off-Roadeo, visit www.BroncoOffRoadeo.com – we hope we see you there. Finally, we will be sending exclusive invitations to upcoming events, to experience Bronco firsthand.

Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, remain on track to begin deliveries this summer. As a reminder, in late May, we will provide you with more information on the estimated delivery timing for your Bronco and we're committed to keeping you up-to-date through the entire delivery process.

We appreciate your patience and your business. And we thank you for giving us the opportunity to try and make this right.
Order Updates Due April 8

With these product updates, you now have until April 8, 2021 to work with your dealer to update/modify your order. If you have any questions about how these product updates or customer satisfaction offers impact you, please contact your Ford Dealer, the Bronco Customer Care Team at Ford's Marketing Program Headquarters at 800-334-4375, or view our FAQs here.
Mark Grueber
Bronco Marketing Manager

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My price protection from MY21 to MY22 on a 2DR Bad Lands was $975.
Sponsored