Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear you on the resellers but there's flip side. I have two FE's on reserve (One for me and one for my wife). But I have to admit if FE's are bringing $10k over sticker and my wife decides she wants a differnt vehicle, it will be very tempting not to flip her's. After all $10k will buy me a hole lot of Bronco accessories for mine, LOL.
I get it, supply and demand. Although I dislike this type of behavior, as I said, it's expected; particularly with the FE.

Looks like you have the money, so do what you feel is best.

I want to see Broncos in the hands of people who are really passionate about them, not the trend following douche bag types and celebrities who pay gobs of money for them to take pics to post on Instagoogletweetface. The trend jockeys are the type of people who can kill the hype behind a vehicle because they aren't genuine and look lame as hell, because they are lame as hell.

The true enthusiasts who will mod the Bronco right, then get some dirt on it and look the part, those are the guys and gals who will help market Bronco properly since they'll be doing badass things in badass machines! :cool: These are the people who made the Wrangler an icon, not the mall crawlers, as the mall crawlers wanted to emulate the "cool" look of the enthusiasts who do the shit for real.
Sponsored

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, my new best friend Aman co starred in that interview!

Back to topic... I suspect Bronco will be viewed as one of the best moves Ford has done in recent years.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get it, supply and demand. Although I dislike this type of behavior, as I said, it's expected; particularly with the FE.

Looks like you have the money, so do what you feel is best.

I want to see Broncos in the hands of people who are really passionate about them, not the trend following douche bag types and celebrities who pay gobs of money for them to take pics to post on Instagoogletweetface. The trend jockeys are the type of people who can kill the hype behind a vehicle because they aren't genuine and look lame as hell, because they are lame as hell.

The true enthusiasts who will mod the Bronco right, then get some dirt on it and look the part, those are the guys and gals who will help market Bronco properly since they'll be doing badass things in badass machines! :cool: These are the people who made the Wrangler an icon, not the mall crawlers, as the mall crawlers wanted to emulate the "cool" look of the enthusiasts who do the shit for real.
But increasingly people like to pretend to do things, rather than actually do things. To be successful with the Bronco, Ford must market and sell to those folks. Ford must sell loaded Sasquatch models to people who will never go off-road or have a real utility need for the vehicle features.

That's the state of the world we live in. Real adventure and activities are often farmed out to others, and living becomes more virtual and passive and "safe".

My buddy bought a fully loaded Rubicon three years ago and has never gone off-road. The closest he'll come to having an adventure in that vehicle and needing the 4:1 tcase/locking diffs/sway disconnect ... will be in his mind when driving to the grocery store. :)

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Extremely unlikely. They have a money printing machine called the F-150.
My first ever Ford is a 2017 F-150 Platinum 4x4. I sure hope the Bronco is better quality and reliability.
Rear of Cab leaked water. At a year old. Carpet soaked. Had to remove interior, dry it. Had my truck a week no loaner. Our primary vehicle.
Chrom flaking off front bumper at 2.5 years old. But truck had 40K miles so Ford won’t replace. Ford won’t help either.
Truck is now in shop with 61,600 miles on it. Need ring gear, pinion gear, spider gears and so on. Just over $2700.00. 1600 miles out of warranty. They have had my truck almost two weeks. No clue when they will get parts. Ford customer service is helping with repair cost.If
Bronco is not better I’ll never buy another Ford. Chrysler was one and done in 1984. All the rest have been GM. Never ‘‘tis big a problems with them.

I'd rather it be done right than done fast.

There is never an option for both.
Better be done right with high quality or it’s my last Ford.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But increasingly people like to pretend to do things, rather than actually do things. To be successful with the Bronco, Ford must market and sell to those folks. Ford must sell loaded Sasquatch models to people who will never go off-road or have a real utility need for the vehicle features.

That's the state of the world we live in. Real adventure and activities are often farmed out to others, and living becomes more virtual and passive and "safe".

My buddy bought a fully loaded Rubicon three years ago and has never gone off-road. The closest he'll come to having an adventure in that vehicle and needing the 4:1 tcase/locking diffs/sway disconnect ... will be in his mind when driving to the grocery store. :)
I’m agreeing with you here fully. Sorry, tone and emphasis are lost with my writing on the internet.

Guys like your friend are who we need, just not first.

See, getting that Rubicon to “style” wasn’t your friend’s original idea. He was trying to copy someone. Most like copying a real outdoor type or crawler who he thought looked cool. We all do it. Your friend just didn’t take the extra step of actually getting dirty.

We need the trendies, just need them to follow the real crowd so they can copy someone. If the trend set are first, they may turn off others because they look bad.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just thinking out loud. What if Ford went belly up after the first 165K reservations were built and filled. Those first 165K would be like gold, you'd be a instant rockstar on the trails. Lol. Okay back to earth, Ford is'nt going bankrupt.
GM did go bankrupt and Chrysler did twice reuiring government bail out. I am a Ford fan and have been for 30+ years. Ford Trucks would likley survive any financial disaster as an asset in bankruptcy, but Ford Motors debt as it stand today is rated junk and the stock is off about 30% YTD wen the DJIA is off about 10. They need the Bronco to do well.

Last edited:

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The nice thing about the Bronco is the various trim models and accessories. This allows most to configure their Bronco according to their wants and/or needs today and in the future. There's a Bronco for everyone out there...just gotta do your research.

That being said, I'm buying a Bronco for ME and I could care less why other people are buying it. I'll never criticize someone for not taking it off-road. If someone is spending $40k+ on a Bronco, they can do what they want with it.

As for me, I'll take it to work, I'll enjoy some off-roading with it, I'll take it to go fishing, I'll take it to go run mountain trails and ultra-races...heck, I'll take it anywhere. Within a year or two, I'll have stickers plastered all over the rear windows and it will be dirty more days than clean. For me, it will actually look nicer dirty than clean. :)

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The nice thing about the Bronco is the various trim models and accessories. This allows most to configure their Bronco according to their wants and/or needs today and in the future. There's a Bronco for everyone out there...just gotta do your research.

That being said, I'm buying a Bronco for ME and I could care less why other people are buying it. I'll never criticize someone for not taking it off-road. If someone is spending $40k+ on a Bronco, they can do what they want with it.

As for me, I'll take it to work, I'll enjoy some off-roading with it, I'll take it to go fishing, I'll take it to go run mountain trails and ultra-races...heck, I'll take it anywhere. Within a year or two, I'll have stickers plastered all over the rear windows and it will be dirty more days than clean. For me, it will actually look nicer dirty than clean. :)
Wonderful. Hope you‘re someone who gets your Bronco first; this was precisely my point. I want folks who don’t care, not buying this to be trendy, and who will get the Bronco dirty to get your hands on it right out of the gate. Your escapades will lead to sales when people droll over your rig.

Why do I care? Because I picked up a ton of Ford stock right when it crashed a year ago and a ton more back in March of this year. I need Bronco to be a hit so that I can make some money and buy a new boat to drag behind my new Bronco! :ROFLMAO:

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On Yahoo he said, "so now were out trying to increase our Production Capability. On Fox Business this morning, he said something to the effect, "we are talking with our suppliers and looking for capacity"

Who knows, maybe the 2021 models will get delivered in 2021, not 2022.

In the Yahoo interview, fast forward to 2:10:

Ford CFO on New F-150 and Return of Bronco
Ford Bronco Ford CFO Tim Stone on Return of Bronco Untitled

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
As much as I hate PlayStation price gouging, I can’t get next to the idea of telling people they can’t buy for resale. I’m not pounding my chest screaming ‘Murica or anything, and maybe I don’t know enough about economics, but that kinda irks me them saying employees can’t buy for resale. I guess I do not know enough? Ford would still be getting the same money. Does it affect them as a company somehow? Genuine question.

Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As much as I hate PlayStation price gouging, I can’t get next to the idea of telling people they can’t buy for resale. I’m not pounding my chest screaming ‘Murica or anything, and maybe I don’t know enough about economics, but that kinda irks me them saying employees can’t buy for resale. I guess I do not know enough? Ford would still be getting the same money. Does it affect them as a company somehow? Genuine question.
Did they say that in the video? I assume it's the same reason Apple limits iPhone purchase quantities so resellers aren't buying up all the phones at launch from everyone who is looking forward to the new product. Similar idea as to why they don't want dealers to charge an ADM...screwing over the customer to make a profit.

And it'd be a bad look if Ford employees are buying up units to resell to the public.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wonderful. Hope you‘re someone who gets your Bronco first; this was precisely my point. I want folks who don’t care, not buying this to be trendy, and who will get the Bronco dirty to get your hands on it right out of the gate. Your escapades will lead to sales when people droll over your rig.

Why do I care? Because I picked up a ton of Ford stock right when it crashed a year ago and a ton more back in March of this year. I need Bronco to be a hit so that I can make some money and buy a new boat to drag behind my new Bronco! :ROFLMAO:
Great! As a potential consumer I don’t care what you think. Mine will be tricked out and do minimal to no off-roading. I could care less what your opinion is. But don’t fear, I won’t be the only one ;) What a beautiful world we live in. Don’t you agree?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great! As a potential consumer I don’t care what you think. Mine will be tricked out and do minimal to no off-roading. I could care less what your opinion is. But don’t fear, I won’t be the only one ;) What a beautiful world we live in. Don’t you agree?
You feel better now? Are youl empowered?

Was this your WAP statement?

Congrats.... :rolleyes:

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided