toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Early reservation + residency in a large metro area with high volume Ford dealership = early order fulfillment. First-year orders were never going to be filled any other way.
You‘re not right above but you’re getting kinda close. However, it is not what Ford said for the first 4 months.

You think Ford should let us know they changed their minds? Or should everyone just already “know” that is the way it must be (although even Ford didn’t know that 4 months ago)?
Sponsored

Last edited:

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ok, I think the reason for the current omission of all reservations before any dealer stock is due to the FE's. They should be slated to be the first one's built. Why, because their "First Editions". If they are only going to build seven thousand units, 3500 for res holders and the other for dealer stock they are not going to bother building them in two separate lots, they are going to crank out all 7000 and be done. But if they do that then some people will complain that they didn't keep their word about reservations first. After the FE's are done they will move on to either the next most popular model or just go to Badlands since the FE is a loaded Badlands and the line is already set up for this. But of course this also depends on what parts are available at the time. I am interested to know about the whole residency thing.
Where does anyone have any evidence that 3500 FEs are being sent for dealer stock????

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

None of that has anything to do with the way Ford is allocating Broncos to dealers to fill reservations.
And no one else does either. Everything is pure speculation. So why worry about it?

Reactions: Lou

Lou

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This has nothing to do with this thread, but just so everyone knows we have 60 days unit its Christmas.

You are all welcome for that information ???

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok, I think the reason for the current omission of all reservations before any dealer stock is due to the FE's. They should be slated to be the first one's built. Why, because their "First Editions". If they are only going to build seven thousand units, 3500 for res holders and the other for dealer stock they are not going to bother building them in two separate lots, they are going to crank out all 7000 and be done. But if they do that then some people will complain that they didn't keep their word about reservations first. After the FE's are done they will move on to either the next most popular model or just go to Badlands since the FE is a loaded Badlands and the line is already set up for this. But of course this also depends on what parts are available at the time. I am interested to know about the whole residency thing.
Even if they build all FE's, that's only 2-3 weeks production. From there on, destination batching might over ride models. If you notice in some plant photos, there are Rangers coming down the line also. The line is capable of building whatever the planners send their way.

Sponsored

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I expect mine to be here by the end of next year at the earliest, I reserved one 2 days ago lol.
the reality is a lot of people are going to cancel their no strings attached reservations when time comes to order. That’s obviously going to help us. Ford is also gunna produce as many of these as fast as they can. They also aren’t going to set unrealistic expectations for us as their customers. I’m optimistic that production will ramp up and we will get our Broncos sooner than we anticipate. A lot of this situation is out of control for them and for us.
my biggest worry is that my bronco is going to be slapped together with half ass paint job, panels not aligned, etc due to them being in a rush. Hopefully not the case. Either way, I’m not going to blame Ford for delaying my bronco by a few months as long as that means they build it right.
Trying to understand fords confusing memos, formulas, etc and speculate is only going to get people mad at each other and not change the situation. It’ll get here when it does

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And no one else does either. Everything is pure speculation. So why worry about it?
Ok. They sent a memo to dealers that specifically outlines how they are going to allocate. You made up some crap rather than actually reading the specific method they will use. Not speculation...a direct memo from Ford with very specific info.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This has nothing to do with this thread, but just so everyone knows we have 60 days unit its Christmas.
Well at this point, I think it’s fine if we digress to Christmas.

There has been little discussion that actually address the original points. It’s mostly (1) this shouldn‘t be a separate thread (2) it’s production efficiency, stupid! (3) it’s shipping efficiency, stupid! (4) Nothing has changed regarding production order, stupid!; (5) The exact impact on each individual dealer isn’t known, so we can ignore it and Ford’s behavior.

For the record 2) and 3) have nothing do with the discussion; 4) is just wrong; 5) we will never know; and for # 1) I think I agree, few people understood this thread and fewer cared.

Amazingly, because of all the chaff, the removal of this statement from Ford’s Q&A has gone by completely unremarked until page 10 and the FE post:

“All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.”

I‘m incredibly disappointed in Ford, almost none of their innumerable communication screw-ups and their outright lie (with allocation changes) have impacted my personal build. But the loss of confidence in them as a organization has been great for me personally.

Enough, enough! Only 66 days till New Years!

Last edited:

Mr.Pike17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 sante fe awd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So that means us Canadians will get the short end of the stick on this as well? Brutal. Canadians have been left out to dry, Ill wait to December to make my decision but I'm 60yes/40no on he bronco considering I was 100% in when I reserved.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, this is old news. So glad I listened to some of you last week and changed my reservation back to my original local "large" dealer. My reservation was a week in and I could have easily been on the wrong side of that 50% at one of those small rural dealers that now has hundreds of reservations. My local dealership here in Charlotte, NC has about 115 reservations but is probably about average for what I hear people are getting quoted. I feel pretty good with those numbers and a 7/20/20 time stamp. I guess we will find out soon [um, not really :(].

Sponsored

Tazn69Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250, 1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t live in a small area but as far as Ford is concerned I may as well live in a small backwater town. The dealers here are not top sellers. I have a day 1 reservation but if a low ranked dealer is going to put me lower on the build list that will mean I can drive a few hours away and find Broncos on lots most likely before mine even gets here. That isn’t what Ford promised when we started the reservation process or I totally missed something.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought all of you were upset with the interior colors and decided to cancel your orders. :D Darn. :(

Honestly, you’re probably better off going with a bigger dealership as they tend to get more shipments of vehicles. With the plant tag teaming the Broncos and Rangers this makes even more sense as they’ll probably both be on the same delivery truck.

Last edited:

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's my exact problem. 7/24 reservation. The Dealer I'm with is pretty tiny. Only around 6 reservations, including me, from when I had last spoken with them.

So I'm just gonna have to hope my timestamp puts me in the three earliest for their first 50% of dealer allocations in order to actually get mine in '21. Hopefully the fact that there's two Jeep Dealers and one Toyota dealer relatively nearby provides some more allocations for "competitive registrations".

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's my exact problem. 7/24 reservation. The Dealer I'm with is pretty tiny. Only around 6 reservations, including me, from when I had last spoken with them.

So I'm just gonna have to hope my timestamp puts me in the three earliest for their first 50% of dealer allocations in order to actually get mine in '21. Hopefully the fact that there's two Jeep Dealers and one Toyota dealer relatively nearby provides some more allocations for "competitive registrations".
Seems pretty safe to me
Sponsored