toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
This was posted in another thread. I’m reposting here as it applies to Ford’s sentence removal.

Original Ford Site Q&A sentence that was deleted — “All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.”
Ford Bronco Ford Changes How Broncos are Allocated - But Doesn’t Want You to Know 1603774345753

Paragon of reliability there, I’m completely reassured.

Now I understand why they removed the statement from the Q&A on Ford’s site - it is better communicated through Twitter. Mike says — “Everything’s better with Twitter!”

Note also the statement has changed. It now specifies 2021 model year. The original statement was ALL reservations. Hard to know with Twitter Mike if that change is meaningful or just keyboard clacking.

Last edited:

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just read this whole damn thread and want to thank everyone for trying to help get the facts through my thick skull.

I think the biggest communication issue here is that some are really, REALLY upset about Ford changing the rules after the game started. Which is completely fair. Whether the reaction is completely out of principle, or due to some self interest, doesn't really matter. Others who don't share the same religious zealotry are likely more focused on what exactly this means to them so that they can determine how upset they should be. I'm in this second group.

Here are the specific questions that remain unclear to me:
  1. Will some dealers be getting allocated MY21 units for dealer stock/inventory that are not under someone's reservation? Its seems no from all that I've read... until Ford changes it.
  2. The memo mentions that MY21 allocations will be based on xxxx formula. Does this only speak to the total number of MY21 units that will be allocated to the dealer, OR does this also potentially impact the timeline? For example, totally hypothetically - let's say that:
    1. The first 100 reservations that Ford received nationally are all magically at my dealership.
    2. My dealership only qualified for 80 MY21 units under the formula.
    3. I am both #79 (by timestamp) nationally AND on my dealer's list
Would I expect to get mine early on or very late in the MY21 delivery window? I could see it being either way. Late because I'm near the very end of the MY21 allocations for my dealer. Or, early because basically my dealer is going to get a bunch of units very early on, and then get nothing more until MY22s start going out.​
Thanks, and please forgive my density.

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unless someone can actually post the SPECIFIC formula, this entire thread (and others like it) is pure speculation and internet magic-math. ?

Ford Bronco Ford Changes How Broncos are Allocated - But Doesn’t Want You to Know 87993945-6491-4397-8A55-AF8F348923D3

JK

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here are the specific questions that remain unclear to me:
  1. Will some dealers be getting allocated MY21 units for dealer stock/inventory that are not under someone's reservation? Its seems no from all that I've read... until Ford changes it.
  2. The memo mentions that MY21 allocations will be based on xxxx formula. Does this only speak to the total number of MY21 units that will be allocated to the dealer, OR does this also potentially impact the timeline? For example, totally hypothetically - let's say that:
    1. The first 100 reservations that Ford received nationally are all magically at my dealership.
    2. My dealership only qualified for 80 MY21 units under the formula.
    3. I am both #79 (by timestamp) nationally AND on my dealer's list
Would I expect to get mine early on or very late in the MY21 delivery window? I could see it being either way. Late because I'm near the very end of the MY21 allocations for my dealer. Or, early because basically my dealer is going to get a bunch of units very early on, and then get nothing more until MY22s start going out.​
Thanks, and please forgive my density.
1) Correct, at least currently Ford says No for stock 2021 units unless all reservations are fulfilled. I think all 2022 reservations being ahead of dealer stock is more dubious based on Levine’s tweet.

2) If I correctly understand your Q and its parameters, I think you get it early. Ford will allocate based on rough reservation order if the dealer has allocatable units available under this new formula. In your admittedly not realistic example, most all of the very first 80 units goes to that dealer - with all the caveats about efficient production/shipping that people love to beat to death.

My big caveat is I am not an insider and only know what I read.

Last edited:
OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unless someone can actually post the SPECIFIC formula, this entire thread (and others like it) is pure speculation and internet magic-math. ?

JK
The formula is in the attachment to the first post. The specific numbers that will go into that formula for each dealer are not yet known, or at minimum not disclosed.

As an aside, Ford will never provide the 4,000 plus allocation calculations for all the dealers (or any of the dealers for that matter) to the end consumer.

One of the Super Fun parts of this Ford change in production allocation is you get to ask your dealer where you stand in their allocation calculation (after Ford communicates it to them). Then you get to guess whether they are being truthful with you when they answer!

If you have ever asked any question at most dealerships more difficult than the color of the sky, you can imagine how fun this conversation will be and how many dealer employee levels it will move through.

And, more really Good News! You can have this conversation, along with the always fun-filled pricing conversation, with multiple dealers! If the first one you speak with doesn’t work out, try, try again.

Gosh! I’ve reinvigorated my desire to order a Bronco just thinking about this bonus play time with dealers!

Ford truly is listening!

Last edited:
OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer does, so maybe that's a good thing.
Makes no difference vs. an unaffiliated dealer selling the same number of units in the market. Unless your assuming that Jeep franchise wouldn’t exist in your market if your dealer didn’t have it.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Makes no difference vs. an unaffiliated dealer selling the same number of units in the market. Unless your assuming that Jeep franchise wouldn’t exist in your market if your dealer didn’t have it.

I live in a rural state and depending what the market size is, there can be areas with little to no Jeep dealers. I think it's good there is one in the same town, instead of one in the next county.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in a rural state and depending what the market size is, there can be areas with little to no Jeep dealers. I think it's good there is one in the same town, instead of one in the next county.
Thankfully, I live in CO and well the amount of Jeeps & 4Runners around here is a large number. Not sure the 4runners out number the suburus but jeeps definitely do. Heck, I have 2 local jeep dealerships breathing down my neck to stop in and buy new Jeeps. I haven't talked or stepped foot into to either dealership in over 2yrs.

IF and thats a big IF ford plays this right, both Jeeps in my garage will be replaced with 2 new Fords.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My big caveat is I am not an insider and only know what I read.
Thanks toystwo. I think I finally got it... or most of it. I'll be back for my next lesson next time they change the rules.

This is definitely a sucky deal for the Grangers and Stephens of the world and it really jerks around the people who've spend countless hours trying to understand the game and win. Ford screwed this up. They should have foreseen this train wreck before they set the original rules.

So, I guess the next order of business is to find out when these allocation estimates will be hitting dealers so that they can "help manage [my] customer expectations." Then there will be the question of whether or no it's actually in the dealer's interest to be honest about it with me.:)

It kinda sucks that I want this Bronco badly, otherwise I'd have walked by now. Too much drama.

AngryIrishman

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That is pretty much the way this forum is now. Any time anything happens, people rush in and complain about some aspect of it.

B&P is a perfect example. People complained it took so long, and now, people are complaining they rushed it. Some folks will never be happy.
Or, gasp, a mega auto manufacturing company could just get their collective shit together....there's a thought. We are paying them for something the huge majority of us have never even seen. So far everything seems rushed and half ass. I wonder how the actual truck will be when people finally get their deliveries which will likely be much longer than currently advertised. The only constant is Ford's constant changes. Oh well, just another 50 to 60K concession...shucks.

DetailsMatter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340IX M-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

None of this surprises me. This has been expected all along. Ford sells vehicles through dealers (AKA distributors). They do not sell direct, like Tesla. They cannot display favoritism to smaller dealers, just because they are willing to work the system. In the end, that would be bad business for Ford. So, they may be using residency status to make sure their dealer network is not competing against one another in unhealthy ways. If dealers really want you business, there are other services they can offer, other than a vehicle discount to attract non-residents.
Ford does need some stock and demo on dealer lots so they can show them to customers for production years 2022 and 2023. So, it’s not surprising that they will manufacture some of those as well. I suspect my view will ruffle some feathers, but none of this is surprising. I have always expected this. I am not mad and I do not feel like I was mislead.
I would like for my dealer to be more proactive. If they choose not to be, I have other local dealer choices. It only takes two minutes to call every other week and leave a quick voice mail, or offer some Bronco swag.
I’m good. Not shocked. I look forward to it.
Sponsored