Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Please post the old dealer formula.
There was none! It was supposed to be just rough reservation order!
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, obviously a lot of people missed it, or didn't understand what was happening.
Right, and my point is that I don‘t think the OP is doing a great job communicating what’s going on, and doing everyone here a disservice by basically taking credit for this discovery rather than linking to the other well-worn discussion.

*shrug*

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah... but why did you start this thread instead of commenting in the thread you pulled that image from... or in the very least, just link to that thread?

What am I missing here?
Because the Q&A is new and the allocation discussion is buried at the end of the thread. The first post in that thread isn’t even correct about what the memo means. It’s very confusing.

Why do you think a change by Ford that can impact when many people receive their Bronco does‘t deserve a clear separate discussion?

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Right, and my point is that I don‘t think the OP is doing a great job communicating what’s going on, and doing everyone here a disservice by basically taking credit for this discovery rather than linking to the other well-worn discussion.

*shrug*
Yea, I got a huge raise at my job by taking credit for pointing out that Ford has not properly disclosed this change in a newly revised Q&A. Where has this been discussed - show me.

Sponsored

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is not new news. That formula has been out for weeks. I believe the “residency” has to do with the Jeep and 4Runner registrations in your area. 25% of the formula.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because the Q&A is new and the allocation discussion Is buried at the end if the thread. The first post in that thread isn’t even correct about what the memo means. It’s very confusing.

Why do you think a change by Ford that can impact when many people receive their Bronco does‘t deserve a clear separate discussion?
The change in FAQs do not mark a change in allocation formula, or a change when people might expect to receive their Bronco... deliveries were always, and will still, be honored in roughly the order that the reservations were made. BUT, obviously, Ford cant produce Broncos in the exact order of reservations, they were always going to have to build them around production, commodity, and transportation constraints.

Maybe I’m just taking exception to the alarmist nature of your post, or the way you seem to be reading things that aren’t actually stated in the FAQ. If you have insider information that you don’t want to reveal, at least mention that, but if that’s not the case it seems like your seeing more than is there.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The change in FAQs do not mark a change in allocation formula, or a change when people might expect to receive their Bronco... deliveries were always, and will still, be honored in roughly the order that the reservations were made. BUT, obviously, Ford cant produce Broncos in the exact order of reservations, they were always going to have to build them around production, commodity, and transportation constraints.

Maybe I’m just taking exception to the alarmist nature of your post, or the way you seem to be reading things that aren’t actually stated in the FAQ. If you have insider information that you don’t want to reveal, at least mention that, but if that’s not the case it seems like your seeing more than is there.
You really need to read and digest the dealer memo....you are spreading now false info.

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s exactly like a few previous statements of combining shipments. They will be done regionally. So someone in Arizona May get there’s before Cali. Shipped on the same train and then trucked. Someone in Cali even though they may have an earlier reservation then someone in Arizona...

Kinda work your way out from MI...the more in a region the quicker shipment. A large city and a small dealership in the general area will still get theirs same time as the large dealership.

Have a lot of family members that work for ITS, transporting

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tell you what i will do.

Go buy another Toyota,get the color i want with the interior i want with no waiting

I want a Bronco but i am not going to be bent over to get one with all this BS going on.
Pics or it didn’t happen

Sponsored
OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

You apparently don’t understand what the dealer allocation changes mean so I don’t know how else to explain it. What you typed above is how production was to work under Ford’s original communication to us. It is no longer true.

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Would you not want to send completed orders to similar geographic locations on the same truck? That’s how I read it. It’s not like they roll off the assembly line and drive into a truck. They sit until they can get the next group out.
By train, too...

KYBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe I’m reading into this wrong but this seems like it might actually benefit Granger customers. If residency just means that Ford will take into account where and how many Broncos are going to a location then wouldn’t it be a benefit to dealers with a large number of orders (Granger) as opposed to a small dealer with a handful or less? Of course if residency actually means where a customer lives in relation to the dealer they ordered from it would be the completely opposite situation. I guess it depends on what your definition of is is (or maybe residency)...

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe I’m reading into this wrong but this seems like it might actually benefit Granger customers. If residency just means that Ford will take into account where and how many Broncos are going to a location then wouldn’t it be a benefit to dealers with a large number of orders (Granger) as opposed to a small dealer with a handful or less? Of course if residency actually means where a customer lives in relation to the dealer they ordered from it would be the completely opposite situation. I guess it depends on what your definition of is is (or maybe residency)...
I’ve now linked the allocation formula in the first post. It doesn’t help Granger or Granger’s customers.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not benefitting Granger....the allocation formula was put in place partially because of Granger. Granger will do well in the first 50% of the formula (Reservations placed before Sep 18th turned to orders), and will do poorly in the second half (Prior year SUV sales and local 4Runner and Wrangler registrations). That transportation stuff is just a side issue to dealer allocation numbers...Ford can move the vehicles.
Sponsored