First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A dealer near me confirmed this last Friday. Dealers have control to rack and stack.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You really need to read and digest the dealer memo....you are spreading now false info.
I mean, yeah I read and digested that. The catch with that dealer memo is that we don’t actually know *what* the formula is.... just what the components of it are.

Sure, if the allocation formula happens to work against your favor, at your dealer, they could conceivably run out of allocations before you get yours...

But here’s the thing: Because there are more reservations than capacity, Ford obviously had to come up with some way to determine where the Bronco’s that are produced, go. Hence, the formula.... Instead of sending all of the produced broncos to a single dealer, the formula provides a means to spread the MY21 broncos out. The formula memo was just Ford telling their dealers that they had a plan for where how the limited number of Broncos were going to be dispersed. Assuming that the reservation holders are more or less distributed relatively across the country, broncos can still be delivered ostensibly in reservation order.... but because not everyone is going to get a MY21 Bronco (which we’ve known), and manufacturing and logistics play a part, there must be a means to determine production and delivery beyond just reservation #1 is made and delivered first, then #2, Then we deliver #3....

What was always going to happen is that Reservation 2 will get theirs before Reservation 50 dealer A... but Dealer B might get their reservations first... because they decided to send the train to Dealer B’s region first.

And back to the formula makeup... we don’t actually know the numbers or the exact formula, so anyone who comes in here and starts a thread working up the crowd telling them that they aren’t going to get their Bronco because the “big dealers complained” is the one spreading false info. For all we know the formula might reward the smaller dealers and punish the larger ones...

Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I wonder if Ford will penalize a certain dealership for having 100 or so of us CO-based Bronco orders going through their dealership out of state. We're talking 100 or so Broncos that would be going to the CO market that is populated by Jeeps & 4Runners.

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I blame the new CEO for the recent changes. He's trying to satisfy his dealerships over the Enthusiast. This and the Mach-E are coming, as well as the F150 and he wants to make an impact in the biz. Give it 6-8 months and I would imagine every dealership will have them for sale. Reservations will still be waiting, unfortunately and this change in wording is pointing towards that to be true.
If this is true it won’t be a big deal for me. I want a relatively basic Badlands build so if there will be dealer stock I have no problem canceling a reservation to grab one locally as long as there is no ADM.

This is going to be incredibly simplistic, but work with me. While it’s shitty for Ford to do that to reservation holders, at the same time if they have the parts to make 5,000 badlands and only 4,000 reservations, why wouldn’t you make the other 1,000 for stock?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You apparently don’t understand what the dealer allocation changes mean so I don’t know how else to explain it. What you typed above is how production was to work under Ford’s original communication to us. It is no longer true.
If you have insider info as to what the formula actually is, I will concede I’m wrong.

But as it stands, I challenge you to explain how you came to your conclusion based on the allocation memo language, without making any assumptions.

Look, I’ve be wrong before, and I’ll be wrong again... so I’ll be happy to admit I am If that’s the case.

Sponsored

KYBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve now linked the allocation formula in the first post. It doesn’t help Granger or Granger’s customers.
I understand the new allocation formula and I’m not saying that benefits Granger whatsoever. What I’m saying is this thread began as a discussion over the word “residency” in the new FAQs and maybe that word isn’t as nefarious as some are making it out to be, maybe it’s the opposite.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have insider info as to what the formula actually is, I will concede I’m wrong.
It's in the memo. Go back and re-read, and then concede. In the memo it's Point number 2, 3rd bullet.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What in the F*ck does residency imply?
This mean I can’t drive my happy ass to Stephens and get my badlands until later in the summer Ima be pissed af. 7/13 holder here by god
This is exactly what it means lol

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
But here’s the thing: Because there are more reservations than capacity, Ford obviously had to come up with some way to determine where the Bronco’s that are produced, go.
What??? They already had it! Produce in approximate reservation order. They were always going to produce and ship in the most effective manner - thus they used the word ”approximately”.

Your right, NOW, unless you are a very early reservation holder you have no idea when you may get your Bronco because now it depends on various dealership metrics. That was good for the consumer how? That benefited Ford how (it benefitted their large dealers that were pissed)?

It is guaranteed to hurt small dealers with outsize orders. Exactly which customers and how much they are effected not even Ford knows at this point.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m confused about this thread...

...Did the OP just take all the discussions and threads we’ve been having and then make a new thread with an alarmist spin?
Pretty much, and with some assumptions made that aren't necessarily the case.

Sponsored

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soooooo should I hit the panic button mentally or.....

I'm a day one res. Should i be concerned?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Coincidentally, our Jeep dealership called today and wants my wife's '18 GC trailhawk and offering to buy it back before the lease expires in 9 payments. With all this Ford BS, may be tempting to do so and kiss the 2 Bronco reservations good bye with all this crap going on and items we want potentially not coming out till 2022. That'll give my wife a new jeep product until the 4runner comes out and has me on the fence of moving into a gladiator and dumping my '17 f150 with ford leaving a bad taste in my mouth. So potentially going from being a 2 Ford & 1 Jeep household to a 3 Jeep household.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I understand the new allocation formula and I’m not saying that benefits Granger whatsoever. What I’m saying is this thread began as a discussion over the word “residency” in the new FAQs and maybe that word isn’t as nefarious as some are making it out to be, maybe it’s the opposite.
Step 1 - Ford changed the way Broncos get allocated by developing a dealer allocation formula. It’s a guarantee that Broncos will no longer be produced in just approximate reservation order.

Step 2 - Ford revised their Q&A titled “Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?”. They either referred to Step 1 by inserting the term “residency“ or they just didn‘t tell you about the allocation change. Take your pick. Either way it’s not OK.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Soooooo should I hit the panic button mentally or.....

I'm a day one res. Should i be concerned?
You‘re day one (as am I), you almost assuredly have nothing to worry about for yourself other than doing business with a Company that behaves in this manner.
Sponsored