BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems they are after certain dealers again. Ford told the Texas buyers group to stop taking reservations saying something about allocation, according to the organizers of that group.
Don't drag us into this thread, lol. To clarify, Ford told our partnered dealership to pump the breaks and to cease advertising the offer as the amount of reservation changes in a short week spooked them (Ford) and they didn't want to be seen as showing favoritism. The dealership agreed to play nice but also told Ford how many email offers it sent out and that they intend to honor each and every one that switched or wants to switch. The new allocation rules played a minor role in the closing of the offer and the dealer was assured they would be taken care if. Now, I am getting outta this thread before I get caught in some of this cross fire.
Sponsored

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This makes sense from a dealer relationship standpoint. It stops a poor performing little dealer from price gouging anyone else and getting a massive amount of orders. It will "favor" big dealers but those big dealers are the face of Ford to a lot of customers.

From a logistics standpoint Ford also isn't going to want to ship thousands of extra broncos to a location way outside of it's normal shipping patterns. The little dealerships also may not be able properly handle such a large influx.

Business isn't simple and it has to be balance between production, logistics, dealers, and customers. Any change they make may push some people's delivery date back but it'll probably also push more up. They are going to try and get as many out the door as best as possible.

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Been away for a couple of hours and wow....

Catching up real quick but "residency" is referring to where the dealer is located, not the buyer, right?
I don't see it that way. If you want to assume the worse, multiply whatever allocation the other formula gets by the residency of the dealer orders. Meaning, the customers that live in their area. So big city dealer "residency" is probably close to 100, lets say 98%. For Granger it is 5% (guess). So multiply by .98 or .05 to get the allocation. If you think that's crazy remember manufacturer promotions that are only good for residents of that particular state.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have watched this argument since the day reservations opened. Everyone is asking the wrong question. Here is the current verbiage on the Ford site, which I recall is verbatim since day one for the first sentence.

Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, however, actual delivery may vary based upon a number of factors including vehicle model and configuration selected, commodity constraints, residency, delivery, and final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos.

The underlined section has been consistent. Ford is very clear that a reservation is not an order. I have never seen any written statement/webpage from Ford that says anything about filling in reservation made order, only that reservations will be filled before stock orders. Dealers have been asked to put the orders in time stamped order when submitting them. Once submitted, that is when they become orders. Will they shuffle them around once they are all in at Ford? Don't know. I suspect the updates are just clarifying that your reservation dates matter only at your specific dealer relative to customers at that particular dealer. I administer contracts every day, been doing it for nearly twenty years, so perhaps I am reading too much lawyer speak into it, however to me it seems obvious that there is a differentiation between orders and reservations, but I would be happy to be the one misinterpreting it. (You place an order, you make a reservation, again they are crystal clear that a reservation is not an order) If anyone could find old web info, or new, from Ford that shows they ever stated they would fill by reservation date/time as opposed to order received date/time, I will happily admit I have been wrong all along, until then I believe they have been consistent, although perhaps not forthright to the layman customer, in their description of build order and this is not really a drastic change.

Sponsored
OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/texas-buyers-group-the-offer-the-dealership-–-finally.6818/

Now that I wasn’t aware of and just now saw the thread. That type of direct action is worrisome, no doubt. Come on Ford, don’t make me get another boring yet reliable Toyota, I wanted to actually feel SOMETHING when I drove my next vehicle.
It‘s interesting to read your previous posts and then note the change of opinion after seeing how this works in the real world (TX low cost group buy doesn’t want more reservations because they are getting screwed by the new allocation formula).

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't drag us into this thread, lol. To clarify, Ford told our partnered dealership to pump the breaks and to cease advertising the offer as the amount of reservation changes in a short week spooked them (Ford) and they didn't want to be seen as showing favoritism. The dealership agreed to play nice but also told Ford how many email offers it sent out and that they intend to honor each and every one that switched or wants to switch. The new allocation rules played a minor role in the closing of the offer and the dealer was assured they would be taken care if. Now, I am getting outta this thread before I get caught in some of this cross fire.
Someone from your group confirmed what Ford said a few posts back.

KYBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
It‘s interesting to read your previous posts and then note the change of opinion after seeing how this works in the real world (TX low cost group buy doesn’t want more reservations because they are getting screwed by the new allocation formula).
I’ve never been under the illusion that Granger was going to get truckload after truckload of Broncos until they fulfilled all of their reservations. However, other than some various leaked documents filled with legalese, we’ve not heard of concrete action being taken against any dealers selling below invoice. With Ford’s direct communication with the Texas group we now have a pretty substantive escalation in this ongoing saga, in my opinion.

I know Granger has stated on more than one occasion that they feel comfortable with their standing with Ford during this. They’ve been honest and forthcoming in this process so that makes me feel better but I guess we won’t really have an idea of how this all will shake out until dealers get their initial allocation numbers. Does anyone know when those are going to be provided to the dealers?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone from your group confirmed what Ford said a few posts back.
I feel like Carlito over here. I don't disagree but they advised to stop advertising not to stop taking reservations and were also told not to worry about it but they would be taken care of. Now, I am out.

Sponsored
OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have watched this argument since the day reservations opened. Everyone is asking the wrong question. Here is the current verbiage on the Ford site, which I recall is verbatim since day one for the first sentence.

Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, however, actual delivery may vary based upon a number of factors including vehicle model and configuration selected, commodity constraints, residency, delivery, and final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos.

The underlined section has been consistent. Ford is very clear that a reservation is not an order. I have never seen any written statement/webpage from Ford that says anything about filling in reservation made order, only that reservations will be filled before stock orders. Dealers have been asked to put the orders in time stamped order when submitting them. Once submitted, that is when they become orders. Will they shuffle them around once they are all in at Ford? Don't know. I suspect the updates are just clarifying that your reservation dates matter only at your specific dealer relative to customers at that particular dealer. I administer contracts every day, been doing it for nearly twenty years, so perhaps I am reading too much lawyer speak into it, however to me it seems obvious that there is a differentiation between orders and reservations, but I would be happy to be the one misinterpreting it. (You place an order, you make a reservation, again they are crystal clear that a reservation is not an order) If anyone could find old web info, or new, from Ford that shows they ever stated they would fill by reservation date/time as opposed to order received date/time, I will happily admit I have been wrong all along, until then I believe they have been consistent, although perhaps not forthright to the layman customer, in their description of build order and this is not really a drastic change.
This nothing to do with the distinction between an order and a reservation.

The allocation change was made by Ford last week. Nothing in your post demonstrates you have read the dealer allocation notification (see first post) and followed through how it impacts when (some) customers receive their Broncos.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel like Carlito over here. I don't disagree but they advised to stop advertising not to stop taking reservations and were also told not to worry about it but they would be taken care of. Now, I am out.
There is no real doubt they were advised to stop advertising because based on Ford’s new allocation method they will not receive enough product to cover all the reservations that are being switched to their dealership.

Which is of course why Ford made this change. Big dealers are pissed that these little dealers are out competing them on price. They have “fixed it“ so small dealers cannot timely fulfill reservations that significantly exceed their market size.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Soooooo should I hit the panic button mentally or.....

I'm a day one res. Should i be concerned?
Yes... if you reserved before 8:05PM Central time I think you should cancel now? something about yadda yadda residency yadda yadda B&P yadda Dealer allocation mumble mumble ?

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad I made the cut. #RIPCapitalism
Sponsored