toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Edit: Lots of confusion. I take responsibility, I’m sure if I were a better writer there would have been much less.

Bullet point boil down before reading the original post:

Point 1 - Last Week Ford significantly changed the production order of Broncos (see attachment shared only with dealers).

Point 2 - Yesterday Ford revised their end consumer Q&A “Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?”. They either did not tell us about the Point 1 change, or they did it in a way that no one would understand. The change significantly impacts production order for some customers.

Point 3: What does it mean to me?
If you do not have a early reservation, you may not receive your Bronco in rough production order. Basically, if you order through a dealer that has outsize sales compared to their market/normal volumes they may not receive your Bronco on a timely basis. So dealership price & service are no longer the only metrics to consider.

Point 4: Ford should share this information with us and they haven’t.

On to the original post:

Ford is using full transparency in explaining they have changed the way production will be allocated by inserting the incredibly descriptive term “residency” in the new FAQ.

For those that don’t know, Ford has added a dealer allocation formula to how Bronco production will be distributed. This means Ford lied in the original FAQ when they said reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order as received. Ford presumably did this at the behest of large dealers who were unhappy with the large # of orders going to smaller deep discounting dealers. So now, some Broncos will be fulfilled in rough reservation order but many will not.

Also note - Ford has removed their promise of all reservations being satisfied before dealer stock is built!

Unbelievable - what slimeball moves.

Original Q&A
Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.

New Q&A
Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, however, actual delivery may vary based upon a number of factors including vehicle model and configuration selected, commodity constraints, residency, delivery, and final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos.

Edit:

To add the new dealer allocation formula. This is what changes how Bronco orders are fulfilled (and should be reflected in the new QA). Some people are going to be completely screwed by this and not know it’s coming (as evidenced by the discussion in this thread - let alone customers who don’t frequent forums).

Ford Bronco Ford Changes How Broncos are Allocated - But Doesn’t Want You to Know 1603754320081

Another Edit:
I know this won’t help - but if you got this far and you think this post (and by extension Ford’s allocation change) has something to do with 1) efficiency in production; 2) shipping efficiency to dealers; or 3) exact order of reservations; you’ve misread, so try some of the other explanatory posts by others below.
Sponsored

Last edited:

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just heard that Sept 18th is "the line" for anyone who is getting a 2021 build. Was in a recent Ford Dealer video....all after Sept 18th is 2022 build. Starts at 1:56 and here is video clip:

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Residency in what context? Hope that isn't intended to slow down the out of state groups.

or they will deliver large batches to certain regions at once?

Sponsored

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This makes a lot of sense, from a production standpoint if they actually got everyone's reservations out in the exact order they came in no one would get their bronco until 2022.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just heard that Sept 18th is "the line" for anyone who is getting a 2021 build. Was in a recent Ford Dealer video....all after Sept 18th is 2022 build.
That isn’t correct, those dates are dealer allocation cut-off dates. They may also approximate model year cut-off, but those dates will vary by dealer. In other words, it’s not a guarantee that if your reservation is on the Sept 19th you will receive a 2022.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What in the F*ck does residency imply?
This mean I can’t drive my happy ass to Stephens and get my badlands until later in the summer Ima be pissed af. 7/13 holder here by god

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the Bronco and am willing to overlook some of the bait and switch, terrible interior choices, etc. but their incompetence and shady business practices have me thinking of going with a competition or a different type of vehicle altogether. I've never owned a Ford before and was excited to jump on the Made in USA train but they are really making it hard to switch over.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This makes a lot of sense, from a production standpoint if they actually got everyone's reservations out in the exact order they came in no one would get their bronco until 2022.
You have completely misunderstood Ford’s changes. Read the Old and New Q&A, I’ve helpfully posted them above.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Would you not want to send completed orders to similar geographic locations on the same truck? That’s how I read it. It’s not like they roll off the assembly line and drive into a truck. They sit until they can get the next group out.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They have now set a date for the 2021 cutoff. I bet what they do is if any extra models are produced they go to the dealers. I dont think this changes anything since they have now told people when they get their 2022 model. Don't expect a 2021 if ford told you it will be in 2022..

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
What in the F*ck does residency imply?
This mean I can’t drive my happy ass to Stephens and get my badlands until later in the summer Ima be pissed af. 7/13 holder here by god
It means Dealer allocations impact when people receive their Bronco.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Both those FAQs say the same thing. The new one is just more clear.

Of course they aren't going to build and deliver in exact order of reservation.

Of course there will be some batching in plant. Of course there will be some batching in geographical delivery.

It's been clear since day one of reservations that they won't be delivered exactly to reservation schedule.

Nothing here specifically mentions anything about allocation.