Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Completely false. It specifically refers to MY2021 allocations, which are all for reservations. If you don’t want to believe it, then don’t; but Ford laid it out to dealers in very straightforward fashion, and for some reason people don’t want to believe that there has been any change. It is a big change to how they were initially doing it, and will effect a lot of consumers and dealers....with consumers at big dealers, and big dealers themselves, being at an advantage.
I'm a dealer. They are going to fill the reservations that were converted to legit orders. They have already stated demand exceeds production capability for the first year. Any of the reservations that are not converted to a legit retail order will move someone else up in que, not be a "stock" unit on that dealer's lot.

There are huge penalties for any dealer that tries to game the system on this first run. I'm not going to tell you what but I'm sure guys with high reservations are going to be laser focused on making sure they are converted.

Bottom line is they won't know how they are going to do it until orders start hitting the system. You will then get an estimated build date and at some point the dealer will be notified when its scheduled and issued a VIN.

Ford wants these things trickling out all over the country at nearly the same time but they have to figure out how to do that so the plant is running as efficiently as possible. Can your order get bumped up? Maybe, but you will probably have to personally know someone at Ford corporate or be "special" in the eyes of society.
Sponsored

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford stated that all reservations will be built before dealer stock. From there we have two options.

1. Ford is changing that policy, which means the reservations were simply a gimmick and Ford is OK with the fallout and bad press from that decision.

2. The policy is still true, which means no dealer will get stock orders until every reservation is filled. This means that even small dealerships who are giving great prices will deliver all converted reservations to reservation holders before any dealer gets a stock order. Which, in turn, means that an individual dealership needs the reservation holder far more than the reservation holder needs a specific dealer.

I'm banking on the second option. If I'm wrong, I'll have no problem with cancelling my reservation.

mrklas

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m a bit surprised by many of the reactions.

I expect to wait longer than I would prefer to receive my ordered Bronco.

My Aston Martin Vantage was delivered 22 months after my deposit. And there was no pandemic.

Ford has opportunities to improve. And there’s no reason to believe the can deliver ahead of their communicated schedule with a global pandemic under way.

I view it as an opportunity to save money for the vehicle when it arrives. Insurance will be higher than the vicle it replaces for me, as will fuel and I’ll probably take a few weekend trips in it so a few extra bucks put away for play will come in handy.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2. The policy is still true, which means no dealer will get stock orders until every reservation is filled. This means that even small dealerships who are giving great prices will deliver all converted reservations to reservation holders before any dealer gets a stock order. Which, in turn, means that an individual dealership needs the reservation holder far more than the reservation holder needs a specific dealer.

I'm banking on the second option. If I'm wrong, I'll have no problem with cancelling my reservation.
I don't think all dealers will have to wait on the small dealers to fill their reservations. The large dealers will get more units while the small dealers will get much less after the first allocation. I've seen quite a few having 2 reservations at the small dealer. Most of those won't convert one of the reservations which will make things even worse.

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think all dealers will have to wait on the small dealers to fill their reservations. The large dealers will get more units while the small dealers will get much less after the first allocation. I've seen quite a few having 2 reservations at the small dealer. Most of those won't convert one of the reservations which will make things even worse.
So, you're saying that Ford is no longer following the "converted reservations will be built before dealer stock" claim. Which puts us back at the first option in my post, where the reservation process is just a gimmick.

Sponsored

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m a bit surprised by many of the reactions.

I expect to wait longer than I would prefer to receive my ordered Bronco.

My Aston Martin Vantage was delivered 22 months after my deposit. And there was no pandemic.

Ford has opportunities to improve. And there’s no reason to believe the can deliver ahead of their communicated schedule with a global pandemic under way.

I view it as an opportunity to save money for the vehicle when it arrives. Insurance will be higher than the vicle it replaces for me, as will fuel and I’ll probably take a few weekend trips in it so a few extra bucks put away for play will come in handy.
I built my 991.1 from scratch and it was 3-4 months from when I placed my order to delivery. Dealer took a 1000 dollar CC deposit which they later refunded (they didn't want to apply it to the purchase price for some reason).

Also got 5% under MSRP.

This isn't rocket surgery.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, you're saying that Ford is no longer following the "converted reservations will be built before dealer stock" claim. Which puts us back at the first option in my post, where the reservation process is just a gimmick.
If the dealer fills all of their reservations and the small dealer still has hundreds to fill, it doesn't make sense to cut off the first dealer. He earned his next allocation and if no more reservations come his way, why can't he put them on the lot? Why would he need to wait a year or more for the small dealer that knew they couldn't deliver in a reasonable time frame? That seems to be why Ford keeps changing the rules because these dealers keep trying to get around what Ford is putting in place.

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why would he need to wait a year or more for the small dealer that knew they couldn't deliver in a reasonable time frame?
Because Ford said that converted reservations would be built before dealer stock. Unless that is no longer true, and as I’ve said a few times, that would mean the reservation process is just a gimmick.

HOOTERVILLE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F150, 15 MALIBU, 07 STREETGLIDE, 22 Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Base
My last new Bronco was in 86 and was the funnest vehicle I've owned in 25 yrs so I'm going to buy another one. My reservation was day 3. I want to change my dealership. Nothing to do with price, strictly a customer service thing. So I get to make a choice. In reading this post it now seems that dealer size and other factors may determine delivery. But by how much? If I go to a Megadealer in Dallas will I get it months earlier than if I switch to Granger? Or will it make the difference between getting it next year or not? I'm not mad at Ford and I'm not in a hurry. If my dealer decision can affect delivery drastically, I want to make the right choice. BTW, I've bought new vehicles from out of state 3 times and all 3 times was because local dealers would not stock a manual transmission. (2 Z28's and a Wrangler JK.) So any ideas if a day 3 res will deliver about the same from any dealer?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the dealer fills all of their reservations and the small dealer still has hundreds to fill, it doesn't make sense to cut off the first dealer. He earned his next allocation and if no more reservations come his way, why can't he put them on the lot? Why would he need to wait a year or more for the small dealer that knew they couldn't deliver in a reasonable time frame? That seems to be why Ford keeps changing the rules because these dealers keep trying to get around what Ford is putting in place.
Ford changed the game to favor big dealers...but us still been adamant that reservations will be filled before producing stock units for dealers. Maybe reservations go deep into MT2022 or maybe the entire year, but I don’t see them backing off filling all converted reservations before they make until for dealer stock.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Because Ford said that converted reservations would be built before dealer stock. Unless that is no longer true, and as I’ve said a few times, that would mean the reservation process is just a gimmick.
I think you may be reading too deep into that. Since dealers can have anywhere from a handful to thousands of reservations, it's going to take far longer for some dealers to fill all of there's. If the other dealers have to sit around and wait, how is this good for Ford or the dealers that could be selling units in the meantime?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you may be reading too deep into that. Since dealers can have anywhere from a handful to thousands of reservations, it's going to take far longer for some dealers to fill all of there's. If the other dealers have to sit around and wait, how is this good for Ford or the dealers that could be selling units in the meantime?
Well, in theory if they still have reservations to fill, they can produce at full capacity and still sell every single one. They wouldn’t be losing sales, as they’d be building as many as they could sell and building backlog with deader stock orders once they were done with those builds.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reservation is not a gimmick. The only dealer stock until reservations are all fulfilled will be ones that people back out on.
Ford changed the game to favor big dealers...but us still been adamant that reservations will be filled before producing stock units for dealers. Maybe reservations go deep into MT2022 or maybe the entire year, but I don’t see them backing off filling all converted reservations before they make until for dealer stock.
See above. The vehicles will not be produced exactly sequentially since Ford will be focused on getting as many Broncos out the door as fast as possible. They will be filled generally in sequence (AKA if you reserved one on July 14th and are not doing “late availability” items you may not get yours the day after job 1 starts, but you’re not going to be waiting until 2022 either.)

I don’t want to go much further into detail because I don’t want to overstep my knowledge, but I think Ford has a pretty good idea for the reservation process.

KYBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reservation is not a gimmick. The only dealer stock until reservations are all fulfilled will be ones that people back out on.
Are we sure about this? I’ve read this numerous times and I would assume that it’s true but has Ford explicitly said that even for MY2022? Item 2, bullet point 2 is vague enough that I could see Ford refusing to build any dealer stock vehicles in MY2021 but sending out a mix of dealer stock and reservations in MY2022 due to changes in their “allocation formula”.

Ford Bronco Ford Changes How Broncos are Allocated - But Doesn’t Want You to Know 1603932674469

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are we sure about this?
I agree, Nobody can be sure of anything Ford says.

They removed the sentence saying All reservations will be fulfilled before dealer stock from the FAQ (see the deletion in the first post). Levine helpfully replaced that removed sentence with 2021 model year reservations before dealer stock on Twitter.

Levine is not particularly careful with his word choices so its hard to know if that means anything for sure. My bet is that in order to put even stronger teeth into the new allocation process, that wording change means Reservations fulfilled in 2021 will be built before dealer stock, reservations that push to 2022 will likely be built along with “for stock“ dealer orders. Large dealers would want it this way.

See post 154 on page 11 of this thread for the exact wording change.
Sponsored

Last edited: