toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
The new "changes" does affect the late comers to the game but should not change anything for the reservations made before the Sept date.
This is almost assuredly not correct. If you have a reservation at a small dealer with a high volume of reservations, 50% of those reservationists will for sure be in the group where prod is in rough reservation order, plus a relatively small # that get in through the back half of the formula (competitive sales/other Ford’s). That leaves a lot of pre Sept 18 customers that will either need to change dealers or have a significant wait for their vehicle.

Note also, the vast amount of reservations were in the early period.
Sponsored

Last edited:

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^^^^ I gave valid reasons for my position. You merely assert yours. Would you like to at least provide some reasoning for your assertion?

For a company to make/ship a stock order over a sold order is ludicrous.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
^^^^ I gave valid reasons for my position. You merely assert yours. Would you like to at least provide some reasoning for your assertion?
My reasons are in the reply (#243 in addition to many others) to your post - what I described is how it works - it’s the allocation method. Have you read the dealer allocation memo?

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
OK, been in this shit-show since day one of the release, that is where my cred ends since I'm a jeep guy, not a bronco guy; I love Fords, but broncos have never inspired any stirrings in me, till B6.

As I read Ford's communications and understand the position of every stakeholder in the aforementioned S-show. Here is my 1/2 bit's worth....

The first people to place orders will get those fulfilled, in a reasonable order of which Ford has eluded to, before stock orders are started. The continuing list of reservations will be fulfilled along with stock orders. The cutoff date had to be at some point, Ford put that date at Sept 18, for what ever reason. The "early" reservation orders will be fulfilled first and in the usual way meaning options and shipping logistics. So, not "in order of reservation" exactly but as close as the efficient system will allow.

List of facts that influenced my present position.

1. Ford needed to know the demand the Bronco would generate, to make decision on where to put their resources. Perfectly sensible business move. Thus, the reservation idea was formed. (who wants to have to discount overstock, like jeep is doing on their "truck")

2. Ford does not care what dealer sales a bronco, their profit is the same, but this is not the end of the story.

3. Ford has to keep their dealers happy, so concessions were made.

4. The reservation system cannot go on forever but it is in Ford's interest to keep the stream of information coming as long as they can, the latest communication seems to be a transitional phase allowing for the dealers to get some stock while keeping the reservation system in place.

5. Any company is going to ship sold units before dealer stock when there are no intervening circumstance.

The new "changes" does affect the late comers to the game but should not change anything for the reservations made before the Sept date.
You are correct! I just received a message from Mike Levine which I will post in a new thread shortly. Here's what he said verbatim "For 2021 model year, we are building reservations and NOT dealer stock"

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are correct! I just received a message from Mike Levine which I will post in a new thread shortly. Here's what he said verbatim "For 2021 model year, we are building reservations and NOT dealer stock"
How about MY22? They had said they would fill ALL reservations before building for dealer stock. We know reservations will go way into 2022. Are people at small dealers who didn’t reserve in the first two days Fubar?

Sponsored
OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That doesn’t make what he posted regarding who is getting Broncos first correct - it assuredly is not correct.

Levine’s tweet was the same day this thread was posted and has been posted/discussed in this thread.

This is the tweet as first posted in #154 on this thread.

Ford Bronco Ford Changes How Broncos are Allocated - But Doesn’t Want You to Know 1604170068422

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are so right.

Even after having it spelled out in black and white in this thread, numerous times, an astounding number of people just can’t understand how this works. It’s really not that hard.

The posts will come in a torrential downpour when people start getting notified by their dealers.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That doesn’t make what he posted regarding who is getting Broncos first correct - it assuredly is not correct.

Levine’s tweet was the same day this thread was posted and has been posted/discussed in this thread.

This is the tweet as first posted in #154 on this thread.

Ford Bronco Ford Changes How Broncos are Allocated - But Doesn’t Want You to Know 1604170068422
Had not seen this before. IT is very clear, early reservation holders get vehicles before dealers do. Other than that who gives sh_T?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had not seen this before. IT is very clear, early reservation holders get vehicles before dealers do. Other than that who gives sh_T?
Later than “early” reservation holders who were misled?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
How about MY22? They had said they would fill ALL reservations before building for dealer stock. We know reservations will go way into 2022. Are people at small dealers who didn’t reserve in the first two days Fubar?
Sounds like for MY22 dealer stock and reservations will both be built according to allocation formula. Bottom line, this affects folks (like myself) who made October reservations at Granger. Luckily, our family has 2 early reservations also. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You do not understand the allocation memo. Read it, then read the posts that discuss it. This doesn’t have to do with stock vs reservation. But that is also a big but separate issue that will play out with early reservation holders that don’t get a 2021 but are pushed into 2022.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Basically what I reading is "you'll get it when you get it." If we're lucky Ford won't add
"constraints" to the formula. That's when too many of one option has been placed, and you have to wait on the suppliers to catch up. During a constraint only a certain amount of vehicles can be built with the option that is in high demand. If you've ever ordered a new Corvette from GM you live within both of those little tidbits. With the Corvette it's usually the "constraints" that gets you every time. :)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is almost assuredly not correct. If you have a reservation at a small dealer with a high volume of reservations, 50% of those reservationists will for sure be in the group where prod is in rough reservation order, plus a relatively small # that get in through the back half of the formula (competitive sales/other Ford’s). That leaves a lot of pre Sept 18 customers that will either need to change dealers or have a significant wait for their vehicle.

Note also, the vast amount of reservations were in the early period.
I tried to point this out in another thread and people are getting mad at me because they think I'm soiling their favorite dealers reputation. My feeling is they are not up front enough with the dark side of their deal. Many have joined here recently and their first post is they placed a reservation. They may not be aware that there is a penalty to receive that deal. I think that dealer needs to remind their customers what they're getting into before taking their $100 and telling them get in line, a very long line.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You do not understand the allocation memo. Read it, then read the posts that discuss it. This doesn’t have to do with stock vs reservation. But that is also a big but separate issue that will play out with early reservation holders that don’t get a 2021 but are pushed into 2022.
I have read that stupid memo several times and I have also heard many pontificate about its meaning. As, I also said somewhere prior, exactly when my early reservation gets delivered is a non issue, who gives a sh_t? Dealer size, etc will not affect early reservations.
Sponsored