toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealer size, etc will not affect early reservations.
If your reservation is in the first 50% of reservations a dealer received prior to Sept 18 you are correct. If it isn’t - then you may not receive your early reservation in 2021 - depending on how the back half of the allocation calculation works for your dealer. Which has everything to do with the size of your dealer relative to the volume of reservations he has taken.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried to point this out in another thread and people are getting mad at me because they think I'm soiling their favorite dealers reputation. My feeling is they are not up front enough with the dark side of their deal. Many have joined here recently and their first post is they placed a reservation. They may not be aware that there is a penalty to receive that deal. I think that dealer needs to remind their customers what they're getting into before taking their $100 and telling them get in line, a very long line.
I blame Ford for completely changing it. The creative dealers were doing what they could do under the system to get reservations and orders. Ford changed the game after it started.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your reservation is in the first 50% of reservations a dealer received prior to Sept 18 you are correct. If it isn’t - then you may not receive your early reservation in 2021 - depending on how the back half of the allocation calculation works for your dealer. Which has everything to do with the size of your dealer relative to the volume of reservations he has taken.
Hi! Me again!

You keeping implying the memo says:

“allocation will be 50% of reservations”

but actually what is says is:

“Reservations will be 50% of allocation (formula).”

I don’t mean to suggest that people won’t have to wait for their bronco, especially if they are a late reservation holder... and potentially a very long time... but you keep implying the memo says something it doesn’t.

That is all.

Last edited:

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's just too complicated if you were to go this route. 2021 MY will be filled before 2022 MY, that only makes sense. If you were to chose a "small" dealer by your thought process a bigger dealer could get a 2022 MY before 2021 MY are all fulfilled.

In no way shape or form should any dealer get a 2022 MY way ahead of 2021 MY reservations.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's just too complicated if you were to go this route. 2021 MY will be filled before 2022 MY, that only makes sense. If you were to chose a "small" dealer by your thought process a bigger dealer could get a 2022 MY before 2021 MY are all fulfilled.

In no way shape or form should any dealer get a 2022 MY way ahead of 2021 MY reservations.
It’s not that complicated — if you order from a dealer that takes reservations out of proportion to their size and you’re not in the first 50% - chances are good you won’t receive a 2021 Bronco - even though you reserved earlier than individuals that take delivery of a 2021 from a dealer that has reservations commiserate with their size.

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both those FAQs say the same thing. The new one is just more clear.

Of course they aren't going to build and deliver in exact order of reservation.

Of course there will be some batching in plant. Of course there will be some batching in geographical delivery.

It's been clear since day one of reservations that they won't be delivered exactly to reservation schedule.

Nothing here specifically mentions anything about allocation.
This is the first Common Sense post here, today. Reading comprehension is a Gift that isn't shared with people that are either 1) prefer to Speed Read to absorb only the gist of the authors words; however, they still won't actually understand the meaning of the written word; 2) feel that their time is too Valuable, to waste it on this kinda trivial shit, even if it interests others; or 3) post junk, to lead others down the path of their own personal agenda(s).

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the first Common Sense post here, today. Reading comprehension is a Gift that isn't shared with people that are either 1) prefer to Speed Read to absorb only the gist of the authors words; however, they still won't actually understand the meaning of the written word; 2) feel that their time is too Valuable, to waste it on this kinda trivial shit, even if it interests others; or 3) post junk, to lead others down the path of their own personal agenda(s).
1) That wasn’t today.
2) His post about batching etc. is it irrelevant to the conversation, which is about the major change Ford made in how these will be sold and to who.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, it would depend on your dealer and how they shake out in the formula. I am pretty sure my 7/17 reservation is in the bottom half of reservations, and thus I am unlikely to get a MY21 unless I switch to a mega dealer. Which I am not planning to. My fear though now is that since Ford abandoned its pledge to reservation holders to fill their orders before dealer stock, that I may not get a 2022.

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi! Me again!

You keeping implying the memo says:

“allocation will be 50% of reservations”

but actually what is says is:

Reservations will be 50% of allocation (formula).

I don’t mean to suggest that people won’t have to wait for their bronco, especially if they are a late reservation holder... and potentially a very long time... but you keep implying the memo says something it doesn’t.

That is all.
I feel that this point isn’t getting across to people. It’s REALLY important.

It’s like school:
Tests = 50%
Quizzes = 25%
Homework = 25%

The above formula doesn’t mean that only the first 50% of your tests count towards your grade. It means that all of your tests combined have a 50% weight on your final grade.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Uncle!!! Uncle!!!

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good perspective. I get that dealers thought the process was unfair. The problem is that Ford rolled it out to the public as a reservation system that held them a place in line with Ford to get a Bronco. It’s wrong to change that once you put it into place and have all these people pay to get in the line. Take care of the dealers in some other way, but don’t go back and go back on the commitment and screw the consumers. It’s wrong.
I agree, I just wanted to point out that Ford had also told the dealers they didn't have to do it to get Broncos, so by taking so many reservations, they had to renege on one of the statements. Im best off if they do only reservations, so i wish they would do it that way, but I understand the other viewpoint and will wait to see how strong my opinion of it is until I see our allocation estimates to see how man reservations are covered. Should be within a month.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1) That wasn’t today.
2) His post about batching etc. is it irrelevant to the conversation, which is about the major change Ford made in how these will be sold and to who.
To be fair I wrote my post before OP went back and edited the post to add the information about allocation and they were trying to extrapolate information from the FAQ that wasn't there. At the time it was relevant to the conversation that was in the original post.

There was no mention of that when I posted and there's still no mention of it in Ford's FAQ. The FAQ and the information sent to dealers are two different things. Why is that? I don't know. Ford clearly isnt answering the real frequent questions here.
Sponsored