toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
To be fair I wrote my post before OP went back and edited the post to add the information about allocation and they were trying to extrapolate information from the FAQ that wasn't there.
Not true. The post always referred to the allocation change - it was the point of the post. The actual dealer memo and the sections that say “Edits” were added later.
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not true. The post always referred to the allocation change - it was the point of the post. The actual dealer memo and the sections that say “Edits” were added later.
You referred to the allocation. The information you added from the FAQ did not. That's what you were obviously trying to get at but the FAQ does not refer to allocation unless you extrapolate that "residency" equals allocation like you were. All I was pointing out is that a stretch.

Anyway... This makes no sense to argue about since you edited your post and it's clear that you don't want to listen to any other opinions judging by the way you're going on. I never disagreed with you that the allocation changed I just disagreed with the information you initially posted to back it up.

Carry on.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Taking on additional stock won't change anything, only if you sell them fast will it change where you stand.

Yeah, it would depend on your dealer and how they shake out in the formula. I am pretty sure my 7/17 reservation is in the bottom half of reservations, and thus I am unlikely to get a MY21 unless I switch to a mega dealer. Which I am not planning to. My fear though now is that since Ford abandoned its pledge to reservation holders to fill their orders before dealer stock, that I may not get a 2022.
THERE WILL BE NO DEALER STOCK FOR 2021
Ford expects to convert enough reservations that they won't have capacity to build stock units for the entire 2021 production run.*

Ford has said this outright (through Mike Levine: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...tions-will-be-built-before-dealer-stock.8148/)

Ford's FAQ was modified, but your place in line still has an impact on timing. As I said before, it was never going to be straight order of reservation, building vehicles with this many options is way too complicated to build them in exact order. Your selected engine, trim, and options will play a much larger role in production timing than anything, this is par for the course with vehicle production.

*Obviously, any vehicles built, then declined by the ordering customer will become dealer stock. I don't expect it to happen a lot, but we expect there will be a few of these that float around.

Last edited:
OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You referred to the allocation. The information you added from the FAQ did not. That's what you were obviously trying to get at but the FAQ does not refer to allocation unless you extrapolate that "residency" equals allocation like you were. All I was pointing out is that a stretch.

Anyway... This makes no sense to argue about since you edited your post and it's clear that you don't want to listen to any other opinions judging by the way you're going on. I never disagreed with you that the allocation changed I just disagreed with the information you initially posted to back it up.

Carry on.
You don’t think the change Ford made in the FAQ (after they changed how Broncos are produced) reflects the change in how they produce. Understood, you may be right.

If so, shame on them for changing how it works (and communicating to the dealers), then changing the consumer Q&A on how it works, but not telling about the change. One or the other is true, and either is terrible behavior on Ford’s part. And either fact pattern seems to support the thread title.

But of course that isn’t the substance or point of the first post or subsequent discussion.

How Broncos will be built is very different from what Ford originally told us. They haven’t told us about that change. It’s going to impact people and most don’t know/understand that.

Your opinion differs?

Last edited:

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Edit: Lots of confusion. I take responsibility, I’m sure if I were a better writer there would have been much less.

Bullet point boil down before reading the original post:

Point 1 - Last Week Ford significantly changed the production order of Broncos (see attachment shared only with dealers).

Point 2 - Yesterday Ford revised their end consumer Q&A “Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?”. They either did not tell us about the Point 1 change, or they did it in a way that no one would understand. The change significantly impacts production order for some customers.

Point 3: What does it mean to me?
If you do not have a early reservation, you may not receive your Bronco in rough production order. Basically, if you order through a dealer that has outsize sales compared to their market/normal volumes they may not receive your Bronco on a timely basis. So dealership price & service are no longer the only metrics to consider.

Point 4: Ford should share this information with us and they haven’t.

On to the original post:

Ford is using full transparency in explaining they have changed the way production will be allocated by inserting the incredibly descriptive term “residency” in the new FAQ.

For those that don’t know, Ford has added a dealer allocation formula to how Bronco production will be distributed. This means Ford lied in the original FAQ when they said reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order as received. Ford presumably did this at the behest of large dealers who were unhappy with the large # of orders going to smaller deep discounting dealers. So now, some Broncos will be fulfilled in rough reservation order but many will not.

Also note - Ford has removed their promise of all reservations being satisfied before dealer stock is built!

Unbelievable - what slimeball moves.

Original Q&A
Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.

New Q&A

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, however, actual delivery may vary based upon a number of factors including vehicle model and configuration selected, commodity constraints, residency, delivery, and final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos.

Edit:

To add the new dealer allocation formula. This is what changes how Bronco orders are fulfilled (and should be reflected in the new QA). Some people are going to be completely screwed by this and not know it’s coming (as evidenced by the discussion in this thread - let alone customers who don’t frequent forums).

1603754320081.jpeg

Another Edit:
I know this won’t help - but if you got this far and you think this post (and by extension Ford’s allocation change) has something to do with 1) efficiency in production; 2) shipping efficiency to dealers; or 3) exact order of reservations; you’ve misread, so try some of the other explanatory posts by o

There is a big difference
Edit: Lots of confusion. I take responsibility, I’m sure if I were a better writer there would have been much less.

Bullet point boil down before reading the original post:

Point 1 - Last Week Ford significantly changed the production order of Broncos (see attachment shared only with dealers).

Point 2 - Yesterday Ford revised their end consumer Q&A “Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?”. They either did not tell us about the Point 1 change, or they did it in a way that no one would understand. The change significantly impacts production order for some customers.

Point 3: What does it mean to me?
If you do not have a early reservation, you may not receive your Bronco in rough production order. Basically, if you order through a dealer that has outsize sales compared to their market/normal volumes they may not receive your Bronco on a timely basis. So dealership price & service are no longer the only metrics to consider.

Point 4: Ford should share this information with us and they haven’t.

On to the original post:

Ford is using full transparency in explaining they have changed the way production will be allocated by inserting the incredibly descriptive term “residency” in the new FAQ.

For those that don’t know, Ford has added a dealer allocation formula to how Bronco production will be distributed. This means Ford lied in the original FAQ when they said reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order as received. Ford presumably did this at the behest of large dealers who were unhappy with the large # of orders going to smaller deep discounting dealers. So now, some Broncos will be fulfilled in rough reservation order but many will not.

Also note - Ford has removed their promise of all reservations being satisfied before dealer stock is built!

Unbelievable - what slimeball moves.

Original Q&A

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.

New Q&A

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, however, actual delivery may vary based upon a number of factors including vehicle model and configuration selected, commodity constraints, residency, delivery, and final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos.

Edit:

To add the new dealer allocation formula. This is what changes how Bronco orders are fulfilled (and should be reflected in the new QA). Some people are going to be completely screwed by this and not know it’s coming (as evidenced by the discussion in this thread - let alone customers who don’t frequent forums).

1603754320081.jpeg

Another Edit:
I know this won’t help - but if you got this far and you think this post (and by extension Ford’s allocation change) has something to do with 1) efficiency in production; 2) shipping efficiency to dealers; or 3) exact order of reservations; you’ve misread, so try some of the other explanatory posts by others below.
Rolling changes are done all the time with a new product roll out. It's all part improving. Like adding a manual to the sasquatch. Ford is doing a great job.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You don’t think the change Ford made in the FAQ (after they changed how Broncos are produced) reflects the change in how they produce. Understood, you may be right.

If so, shame on them for changing how it works (and communicating to the dealers), then changing the consumer Q&A on how it works, but not telling us about the change. One or the other is true, and either is terrible behavior on Ford’s part. And either fact pattern seems to support the thread title.

But of course that isn’t the substance or point of the first post or subsequent discussion.

How Broncos will be built is very different from what Ford originally told us. They haven’t told us about that change. It’s going to impact people and most don’t know/understand that.

Your opinion differs?
The truth is.... I don't know how it all shakes out until after orders are in and when Broncos start being delivered and how much allocation affects all of this.

My opinion is... Not much I can do but wait. It's been the same since July.

Could Ford do a better job with this? Yes. Will I lose sleep? Absolutely not.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This makes no sense to argue about since you edited your post and it's clear that you don't want to listen to any other opinions judging by the way you're going on.
Your opinion differs?
My opinion is... Not much I can do but wait. It's been the same since July.
Not sure why you thought that opinion was something I didn’t want to listen too. I don’t have any issue that some people aren’t concerned with the change.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just curious, or maybe I want others to think, I have no idea..

But does anyone think that Ford actually is fixing things with allocation? Ford came out to initially trying to squash every Bronco going to 2 or 3 dealerships (albeit smaller dealers, but 2 or 3 nonetheless). And if we look at percentages, what was really going to those dealers? Not every single order.

Then Ford comes in and cuts x plan. Now, you have way more people looking for the best deal? And why is that? Because we've already seen the reports of this one doing ADM... that other one going to do "market based" pricing when they see how the others land. Seriously, if Ford would've left x plan alone I imagine we would've seen the defectors going to @Granger Ford or @StephensAutoCenter or the Texas Group Buy... or @NayNay, but that would've stayed a small percentage... Now people are looking where to fly out of this group I just mentioned rather than risk some jerk dealer saying "Oh btw, dealer switch is no longer an option, we're going to have to charge an ADM".

Whoever Ford is trying to appease with this allocation crap they keep changing, it's just back firing on them. I'm starting to see more posts that start out "AVOID Xxxx Dealership" than anything else.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious, or maybe I want others to think, I have no idea..

But does anyone think that Ford actually is fixing things with allocation? Ford came out to initially trying to squash every Bronco going to 2 or 3 dealerships (albeit smaller dealers, but 2 or 3 nonetheless). And if we look at percentages, what was really going to those dealers? Not every single order.

Then Ford comes in and cuts x plan. Now, you have way more people looking for the best deal? And why is that? Because we've already seen the reports of this one doing ADM... that other one going to do "market based" pricing when they see how the others land. Seriously, if Ford would've left x plan alone I imagine we would've seen the defectors going to @Granger Ford or @StephensAutoCenter or the Texas Group Buy... or @NayNay, but that would've stayed a small percentage... Now people are looking where to fly out of this group I just mentioned rather than risk some jerk dealer saying "Oh btw, dealer switch is no longer an option, we're going to have to charge an ADM".

Whoever Ford is trying to appease with this allocation crap they keep changing, it's just back firing on them. I'm starting to see more posts that start out "AVOID Xxxx Dealership" than anything else.
This is my personal opinion. I'm saying this NOT as a rep for my dealership. Sorry, need the disclaimer here.
Ford is absolutely lining their own pockets with this Bronco deal. It's about what and how this will get them money back in their pockets. Any plan pricing that's allowed by Ford gives the dealership a kickback. By removing xplan you remove the ability for a dealer to get something back. Ford isn't lowering the price that they sell it to the dealer for. This in turn can cause a dealer to change the prices they'd promised cuz Ford just ripped that off the table. Ford knows theirs a much higher demand then they thought. Your higher volume stores aren't going to feel this the same as the mom and pop and smaller ones will. Because Ford gives them a different type of kickback and special treatment very different from smaller stores that have floor plan (paying interest to Ford while they try to sell vehicles from their lot). Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if you buy Ford stock doesn't that make you xplan eligible? Hasn't the stock almost doubled since the Bronco thing? I feel as though everyone is a small pawn in this game. It truly pisses me off!! Deep down I feel like Ford finally got a winner and then decided to line their pockets. I'm waiting to see that allocation hit next.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sad thing is, people on this forum... and a small percentage elsewhere, seem to be the only ones following this.

The owner of my company reserved a WildTrak... I guarantee he knows nothing about x plan or allocation units. And that's probably typical of most out there.

Throw in the fact, if we all start bailing, there are plenty behind us to jump right in. Right now, Ford is doing little more than piss off the "Enthusiast" group. And that's really not that big of a group.

Sponsored

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Residency in what context? Hope that isn't intended to slow down the out of state groups
This was first thought, how is this going to impact folks like Grainger?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was first thought, how is this going to impact folks like Grainger?
It depends on how many reservations are converted to orders, and they will get a lot of trucks regardless....but:

They will get proportionally fewer Broncos for their reservation holders than a large dealer in a big market, compared to their number of orders. How many less they get proportionally, depends on how many orders nationally convert, and how many they have convert to orders. If a large number of reservation holders nationally convert, say like Ford estimated (70%), then they probably get 50% of the Broncos (proportionally compared to reservations) that the biggest dealers in the biggest markets get.
Sponsored