Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now it makes sense why they extending changing dealerships from Oct 31st to Jan 31st. Right before the order banks open, Ford is going to give Granger and Stephens their allocation. When Granger and Stephens call you to place your order they will know where you stand in line and whether you are getting a MY21 vs MY22. Ford has been kind enough to give you the option to switch to one of the larger dealerships in your hometown. There you'll have the opportunity to get your MY21. You'll just have to pay markups and MSRP :(
Sponsored

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, it would depend on your dealer and how they shake out in the formula. I am pretty sure my 7/17 reservation is in the bottom half of reservations, and thus I am unlikely to get a MY21 unless I switch to a mega dealer. Which I am not planning to. My fear though now is that since Ford abandoned its pledge to reservation holders to fill their orders before dealer stock, that I may not get a 2022.
Ya, I'm at Granger and reserved 7/20 and I'm damn worried...Really didn't want a 2022 Bronco

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They absolutely do not say the same thing.

Ford is now allocating Broncos in 2021 to dealers based 50% on reservations before Sept 18, 25% to competitive market share in the dealer area and 25% to dealers previous sales of other Ford product.

This allocation formula is new. It did not exist when the original Q&A was written. It means they are no longer fulfilling on rough reservation order.

Edit - I summarized that incorrectly from memory. The last two categories are a combined 50% they don’t actually say the are equal (25%) weight. See the dealer communication now attached to the first post.
Probably stating the obvious here........I used to build allocation algorithms for Toyota when the Prius was hot and they would allocate production to dealers of the Prius based on dealer sales volume across all vehicle lines and some other small variables, like margin, accessories etc,,,. That allocation process was quite complex and they would run test allocations to see how many Priuses went to which dealers and then they would tweak those allocation models and rerun them. The large volume dealers always had influence over the process. If what they are saying is true, if Dealer A selling broncos under invoice has low volume most of the year but is putting in a large volume of Bronco orders, they way I read this is that Dealer A may get less allocation then say a high volume dealer who plans to charge full MSRP, which screws us because even if we have an early reservation, if Dealer A does not get an allocation which can fulfill those reservations, we run the risk that we will not get our Broncos until way after Spring. As such, large dealers may get excess inventory because they may get allocation that is not reserved, case in point me moving my order from largest dealer in Baltimore to small dealer in West Virgnia. Greed is good, right. The large dealers want to be able to charge full MSRP, and they want to discourage the Dealer A's of the world from getting allocation....Net Net.....this is all a play to minimize the Dealer A's of the world from selling below Invoice.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some people tried to warn them, but many felt the bottom line is the most important thing. Now, they are behind hundreds of others and could be waiting a long time.
I don't think it was just to save a little money. The majority of people don't like buying cars from shady ass dealers. They don't like the hassle of spending hours with some dude who keeps going back to his manger, draws some grid on a piece of paper with all these different numbers, lets you walk out the door, and finally calls you back. That is why companies like Carvana and Carmax have taken off. People wanted to switch because they were getting away from the hassle. They were dealing with someone who was straight up with them and said "this is what we are offering". It took the stress out of buying and gave them something to be excited about. Look at that Granger thread its not that large because people are saving some money. It's that large because the are excited and don't have to worry about dealership crap.

I was thinking about switching to save money and avoid the hassle since I'm at an ATL area dealership that isn't budging on MSRP. I've been waiting to see how things play before December.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now it makes sense why they extending changing dealerships from Oct 31st to Jan 31st. Right before the order banks open, Ford is going to give Granger and Stephens their allocation.
The actual allocation is on converted reservations which isn’t known until Jan 31. According to the last bullet, Ford is going to communicate an estimated allocation to dealers so they can provide some kind of guidance as to where you may fall in delivery order (clearly it’s not a guarante). I doubt Ford has a good handle on what % of orders will convert given how new this process is and how inept they are at most aspects of it. Hard to see how this ends well, re. timely delivery (based on when you reserved) for many buyers.
Sponsored