Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't want to believe it, but that wording looks like official company jargon.
Sponsored

Jandsnagel

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chrysler Pacifica 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow! If that is the case i am out. Enough games Ford. I will buy a bmw, mercedes, or Volvo and never look back.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That better not be the case because its not our fault that Ford went and upped the cost of all of the models to the next trim level price!

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If that's the case...
I'm not canceling either of my reservations (which both say Base because they said we could upgrade to anything except FE).

But I will buy two absolute bare bones base models so Ford doesn't make any money and resell both for a profit and with money I make I will get Albert @Granger Ford to sell me a black and tan bikini pearl Wrangler. ?

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's not true. At least one member has already gotten burned by that (and one of our members dealers has helped them make the fix). That is an untrained CS Rep.

EDIT: Corrected a spelling mistake
I’m really concerned about Ford quality now. It just hasn’t seemed like they have their shit together at many levels within their organization.

phnttom

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Audi TTS, '13 Fiat 500 Turbo, '15 VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I went to the Ford Chat and asked about model change and this is what she sent to me.

Customers can make changes to their vehicle configuration such as door options, interior/exterior color, powertrain, and accessories when they place their order at their selected dealership. If a customer wants to change their model at this time, they will need to cancel their original reservation and make a new one. Their reservation place in line will be based on the new reservation OR they can wait for the possibility that a process is put in place.

:rolleyes: This was from the Ford Motor Company website chat representative
Been like that in Canada since day 1. That’s why I had 2 on reserve.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
It wouldnt make any sense to not allow people to UPGRADE.
This makes the most sense of anything in this thread.

Not that the dealer level knows more than anyone else, but last week Albert at Granger Ford in Iowa told me I could change trim levels when I order as I was considering upgrading and wanted to make sure my reservation stuck.

"No, I'm sorry sir, we cannot sell you a Wildtrack but here's your 2-door base..."

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Ford chat rep claims trim / model change will require new reservation goosfraba

Or Serenity Now... take your pick.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hell yeah. Hope it’s real. The reservation does include the trim selected when created. I can sEd Ford trying to pull this move.

If true they just saved me $6000 because the BD can’t have the expensive packages the BL can have. And I know many people started to see the high prices on building their dream machine and started to downgrade to a less expensive Bronco. This move would absolutely not surprise me they way they have catered to dealers and moved dates back.

Tread lightly membership still offers a 1% under invoice on Rubicons. Ford is making it more and more possible to stay Jeep I dare Ford to make this move true.

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went to the Ford Chat and asked about model change and this is what she sent to me.

Customers can make changes to their vehicle configuration such as door options, interior/exterior color, powertrain, and accessories when they place their order at their selected dealership. If a customer wants to change their model at this time, they will need to cancel their original reservation and make a new one. Their reservation place in line will be based on the new reservation OR they can wait for the possibility that a process is put in place.

:rolleyes: This was from the Ford Motor Company website chat representative
My reservation only says Outer Banks, nothing about doors, colors, powertrain or accessories

Evilriderobx

Outer Banks
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

if that's true then i'm out as will be a ton of people- we were supposed to decide at the time of reservation, many of which were made the night it was announced?! That's complete insanity. How many people will cancel if they can't change?
me
Sponsored