Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First Edition should not have any commodity restraints. The First Edition was a known quantity after the first day of reservation, 7000. ALL the other models were a unknown quantity.
Commodity restraints can come from other things, like parts shortages or supplier issues.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First Edition should not have any commodity restraints. The First Edition was a known quantity after the first day of reservation, 7000. ALL the other models were a unknown quantity.
Why not? Many folks, self included, reserved 1 hour in and there were plenty-o-first editions left. Just because some choose not to get an FE and the fact they have a time stamp ahead of many FEs, do you think it’s fair FEs should be ahead just because of the trim they selected? I’m thinking commodity constraints should impact FE orders just as much as early non FE reservations, just go by timestamp to divvy out the parts on hand.

Last edited:

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The way I see it....when they run out of parts for the FE they also run out of parts for the BL since they share so many parts in common. So where does the WT fit in this senario?

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The way I see it....when they run out of parts for the FE they also run out of parts for the BL since they share so many parts in common. So where does the WT fit in this senario?
Way more parts in common between the FE and Wildtrak. Mainly the engine, transmission and suspension.

Reactions: RLW

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Way more parts in common between the FE and Wildtrak. Mainly the engine, transmission and suspension.
Wildtrak has no swaybar disconnect, no rock crawling mode that FE has in common with BL

Sponsored

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is like double lane drive thrus when you place your order first but the guy in the other lane is able to get in front of you even though he placed his order second. Or you were in place first before the other guy in the drive thru but the worker took his order first

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

as a FE HOLDER who said carpeted flooring is dumb and then went to a BADLANDS I’d say your opinion is moot

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

really interesting info DeltaBravo found, clears up a lot of the inner workings. System might have changed a bit over the years, but most of it probably still works exactly the same way.

The logistics of getting a car built and delivered to you are extremely complex and quite interesting. Pretty much shortage in one tiny screw can screw things up. Pretty amazing how well it works nowadays.
How long does it take to build one Bronco, do we know that? Average time over all models or one model. Would be interesting. I sure know I could not put IKEA furniture together faster than one of these will roll of the line...

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From a business perspective would it not make sense to get as many of the decked out purty versions as possible to entice the public to buy...the bottom line for ford is sales after all...they already hooked us..I get it..!! But please ford..I beg you....ughhh
Well as you see from the months of threads here. That’s subjective

Brandon1282

First Edition
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRD, 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 3.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Why not? Many folks, self included, reserved 1 hour in and there were plenty-o-first editions left. Just because some choose not to get an FE and the fact they have a time stamp ahead of many FEs, do you think it’s fair FEs should be ahead just because of the trim they selected? I’m thinking commodity constraints should impact FE orders just as much as early non FE reservations, just go by timestamp to divvy out the parts on hand.
Unless they are reserving short supply parts to ensure they have them available to build the FEs. Remember, if they fall behind on any other models, they can just push them into MY22, but all the FEs must be out the door as MY21s.

Sponsored

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will be very glad to know when mine is being scheduled as my lease is up in June, this is good news.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@DeltaBravo

Thanks for the write up. The biggest take away for me is that for day 1/2 guys, they all have pretty good reservation numbers. But your allocation number is the most meaningful stat.

If Ford goes allocation #1 for all dealers with bronco orders, then allocation #2 thereafter, then your allocation number is super important. There are 3000 US Ford dealers and 400 Canada dealer. For pure assumption if every dealer had bronco orders, it would be 3400 pieces for allocation #1 guys at their respective dealership, then the next 3400 pieces for allocation #2 guys etc.

Notwithstanding COVID delays although the hope is the first few allocation slots are early enough to not have those issues.
Sponsored