First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently tried out Honda's version during a long drive back from SF and I gotta say, it absolutely saved me from having to pull over and splash water on my face a few times. I'm hesitant to say that it allows you to be less focused at the wheel since some idiot will surely rely on it too heavily and cause a pileup, but just the fact that adaptive cc saved me from leg craps (gas-brake-gas-brake) on those long stretches where people are weaving in and out of traffic makes it worth it.

The single issue i had was when I approached a narrow turn at 90 and the lane-keeper disengaged (woulda sent me flying off a cliff) but I don't expect anyone to not have full manual control at those speeds anyway.

I don't expect it to work well in construction zones since the cameras need very clear lane markings to stay engaged.

I'll never take another car on a roadtrip without the equivalent of 360!
Sponsored

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good backup cameras with cross traffic, Blind Spot Monitoring and brake assists can be life savers.

Lane Keep assist and "smart" cruise control can be wonky.

Let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

These systems will be commonplace and eventually will be mandated to be standard because they will save lives.

Just like seatbelts, airbags and good headlights.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Really? Never heard that before, but wouldn’t surprise me.
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/the-90s-scandal-consumer-reports-hopes-you-forgot-about/

This was one of the big scandals. Consumer reports wanted a vehicle to fail its roll over test but it passed the test so then Consumer reports changed the test just for that one vehicle to make it not pass.

You pick who you want to win, then you pick areas to test the vehicle systems and give them different weight in scoring to have that vehicle be the winner. The sad part is how common this is.

Troy13

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota corolla
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've seen a couple threads like this one where people seem to suggest that these features encourage distracted driving and I don't think that's true. People are so addicted to their phones they will absolutely be on it safety features or not.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Economisto

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With a score of 52/100, this is like saying you’re the 3rd smartest person in summer school.
Private or public school? Makes a difference lol.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There's only one true test to see if these autonomous systems will be worth a crap. Will these systems make sure that the car is matching interstate speeds when it comes time to merge from an on-ramp? There is nothing that grinds my gears more than getting behind a spineless amoeba on an on-ramp and being forced to stop at the end because they were afraid to use the right damn pedal. Sorry, just having that image in my head got me a little heated lol.

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought there was an interview with Ford Engineers that stated the Co-pilot 360 on the Bronco would have limited features compared to other Ford/Lincoln models. It wouldn't actually "drive" the vehicle but would auto emergency stop/blind spot monitor and adaptive cruise control/lane keep assist (Lux package required).
Bronco will have everything up to Adaptive Cruise Control.

The more advanced "auto" driving features coming to the Mach E and F150 will not be on the 2021 Bronco.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently tried out Honda's version during a long drive back from SF and I gotta say, it absolutely saved me from having to pull over and splash water on my face a few times. I'm hesitant to say that it allows you to be less focused at the wheel since some idiot will surely rely on it too heavily and cause a pileup, but just the fact that adaptive cc saved me from leg craps (gas-brake-gas-brake) on those long stretches where people are weaving in and out of traffic makes it worth it.

The single issue i had was when I approached a narrow turn at 90 and the lane-keeper disengaged (woulda sent me flying off a cliff) but I don't expect anyone to not have full manual control at those speeds anyway.

I don't expect it to work well in construction zones since the cameras need very clear lane markings to stay engaged.

I'll never take another car on a roadtrip without the equivalent of 360!
I have the equivalent to this in my Ranger. The ACC is great on long trip as you said to stretch your legs around. I have a bad back so I'm constantly fidgeting around on long trips so this with the LA helps. What I kept forgetting was I set my distance to the max so every time I came up on slower traffic I forgot to move into the left lane and my speed would drop sometimes 10 mph.

The LA is great on the highways but I never use it around town. It can't pick up merging lines and pushes you back into the wrong lane at times. Forget it if there's a construction zone and there are old lines with the newly painted lines.

OP
OP
Economisto

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it safe to assume Ford knows we need a way to disable the nannies when off roading right?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So Ford got the worst score for ease of use? This just tells me no one will bother to use it. I turn off the damn thing as soon as I get it the car. Wife on the other hand loves it, this is the difference between an equipment operator and a driver.
The flip side is that once you have learned it, how it works becomes more important.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sell for a Cadillac Dealer. I think you are thinking of adaptive cruise control. The only Cadillac that has super cruise is the CT6. The new body 2021 Escalade will have super cruise as a late availability option which is not out yet.
Well whatever assist crap the Cadillac has is completely annoying. :)

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it safe to assume Ford knows we need a way to disable the nannies when off roading right?
ACC works only when you actively turn it on.
Lane centering only works when the camera can detect lane lines (but can also be turned off entirely).
Crash avoidance only works when the camera detects a car or pedestrian too close in front of you.
The parking sensors would probably beep if you got too close to a tree but you probably want to know if that happens.

A lot of overreacting to tools that are optional in this thread (by not ordering them or just turning them off). Personally I'll never get a car without those items ever again. ACC is great for long drives or busy highway traffic jams. Crash avoidance has saved me a couple times from rear ending someone.
Sponsored