Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford announced pricing for their Self Driving on the Mach E and F150 (this is not on the Bronco).

Sponsored

BeachShredder

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A wise man once said, "If you're not 1st, you're last!"

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But wouldn’t you prefer it if all the systems were like Cadillac and required you to have your eyes on the road? I know everyone wants to state that it won’t change anything but requiring idiots to be looking at the road AND having a car that avoid accidents and brake sounds like a big plus.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But wouldn’t you prefer it if all the systems were like Cadillac and required you to have your eyes on the road? I know everyone wants to state that it won’t change anything but requiring idiots to be looking at the road AND having a car that avoid accidents and brake sounds like a big plus.
Can't disagree. Can we require that brains are attached, too?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m aware of this, this has been my entire point for pages now...Cadillac got higher scores due to the fact the car REQUIRES you to be looking at the road, it has a camera for that purpose, the others do not. I drive all day everyday lol, believe me, I know better than anyone how bad drivers are. Especially when you drive a work van, people will physically try to drive you off the road if you’re in their way. Anyways, some don’t want the car to require that which I can understand. But, I’d feel way more comfortable if all cars had that. You want to look at your phone? Too bad, your car won’t go no mo. So sad.

Can't disagree. Can we require that brains are attached, too?
You’re asking way too much lol

Sponsored

fara

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unfortunately, Ford has interestingly labeled this out in their model explanations. which leads me to believe not everything below is included without a Mid package...

Here are the standard features of the Ford Co-Pilot360 in the base model.

360444.jpg
While it says the base model has "Ford Copilot 360 technology", they state on the Mid package it adds Ford Co-Pilot360™: Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert, Lane-Keeping System, Auto High-Beam Headlamps, and Rear View Camera with Backup Assist Grid Lines

The High Package looks to add the following from a safety aspect -
High Package 360-Degree Camera; Forward Sensing System; and sideview mirror LED approach lamps and spotlight

The Lux package adds this from a safety aspect --
Lux Package - Adaptive Cruise Control; Evasive Steering Assist;

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unfortunately, Ford has interestingly labeled this out in their model explanations. which leads me to believe not everything below is included without a Mid package...

While it says the base model has "Ford Copilot 360 technology", they state on the Mid package it adds Ford Co-Pilot360™: Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert, Lane-Keeping System, Auto High-Beam Headlamps, and Rear View Camera with Backup Assist Grid Lines

High Package 360-Degree Camera; Forward Sensing System; and sideview mirror LED approach lamps and spotlight

It's been frustrating to me. They seem to make it ala carte rather than all in. How do you say Co-Pilot 360 is in, when only parts are in? I'm selling cars....but some without wheels, some no engines...but they're cars, really.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have been very happy with the system on my BMW. If Ford is better than that, I will be very happy. Still, I don't plan on using this vehicle for commuting or touring, so it is a "nice to have" for me! :)

bwoodahl

Threads
Reaction score
Website
woodahl.physics.iupui.edu
Vehicle(s)
GTI Fahrenheit
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

They need to add a Super-Lux package which adds "Active Driver Assist" https://media.ford.com/content/ford...cing-hands-free-driver-assist-technology.html

Skagzoola

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruz (POS)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed. Whether we like it or not, this kind of technology is going to become more and more prolific with some features like pre-collision assist likely becoming mandatory - think seat belts.

I've been working in automation similar to this kind of technology for almost 20 years, and the case studies are fairly definitive that computer-assisted controls have faster reaction times and reduce accident rates, over manual controls. Humans are prone to distractions, make improper corrections under pressure, and can easily become disoriented - not to mention a wide range of external factors that can impair judgment and reaction time like sleep deprivation, drugs (legal and otherwise) hypoglycemia, alcohol, other passengers, etc.

I get the resistance many have to this kind of technology, but it's here whether you like it or not, and will become mandatory in the future. Might as well wrap your head around it. It is already VERY WIDELY used in aviation and has been for years. Most of your time on a commercial plane, it is under the control of flight computers already.
But what happens when the AI turns on us?

Sponsored

Upora

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2013 BMW 135i LE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My post was deleted, don't know why, but I will repeat:

The full co pilot 360 package is offered in the LUX package and thats adding adaptive cruise control and evasive steering assist (not exactly sure what that is).

What I can tell you is that this is NOT the same co pilot 360 that you all are thinking it is. This is not the same system offered on the Explorer, or the Edge. The system offered for the Bronco is only Technology. It will not have Stop and Go, or Lane Centering. That is called Co-pilot 360 Assist +. The new system for the M E and F-150 is Assist 2.0.

So, the Bronco is going to have a watered down version of co pilot 360, sorry, no active driving and no full traffic jam driving.

BUT!

The Bronco Sport WILL HAVE Assist +.

:( Ford will you please change this and give us Big Broncos Co Pilot 360 Assist +?

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1st, the methodology of CR that ranked the Tesla system 2nd is questionable at best. Tesla is dragging the industry forward singlehandedly.

For me, a Tesla was always my next car until the announcement of the Bronco. Self driving technology will some day soon turn vehicles without self driving into the proverbial horse and buggy.

The thing is that horses are fun and exactly what some people want. And there are more horses alive today in America than in 1900.

The Bronco will be a horse for me both literally and figuratively.
Sponsored