Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Three questions... I apologize if these have been answered before. I tried to search the forums to be self-sufficient, but turned up nada. (I also posed this question in a few different threads with minimal answers, so hoping its own thread might get results).

1: What is the difference between Co-Pilot Technology and Ford Co-Pilot? They're different line-items in spec sheets. Confusing.

(See below link under "Packages" on Page 4 and first two line items)
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/atta....16384/?hash=95bfddf426c44848e02ff1bf309e8fe1

2: Why is the Technology standard, but the Co-Pilot optional?

3: Why is the Co-Pilot not available on First Edition, but all others?

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 5.36.18 PM.png
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Below is what Ford has on its site for CoPilot360. Now we know some models don't have BLIS (because of the mini corner mirror within the side mirror), so my guess is that chart is just wrong based off incomplete info. If you go in to each model on the "Models and Spes" pages under "packages", they all list "Ford Copilot360 Technology".

I'd guess whoever made it meant to put an X under First Edition for the "CoPilot360". If this were true, I'd guess that because Bronco doesn't come with the full 360 suite shown below (BLIS isn't standard it seems), maybe they're terming that "CoPilot360 technology" since it's tech from that package, but not all of it, and then the full suite is optional on some trims, but standard on OB, Wildtrak, and FE (again, I think FE's exclusion there is a mistype, as obviously the First Edition will have all the safety stuff, so I wouldn't worry about it not showing it on a user created chart.) That's my guess anyway.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2018/03/15/ford-co-pilot360.html

Ford Co-Pilot360 is the most advanced suite of standard driver-assist technologies, including automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection, blind spot information system, lane keeping system, rear backup camera and auto high beam lighting ā€“ a combination other non-luxury competitors donā€™t offer standard in North America.
Ford Bronco Ford Co-Pilot360 vs Ford Co-Pilot360 Technology 1596087610546

OP
OP
Boston182

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Below is what Ford has on its site for CoPilot360. Now we know some models don't have BLIS (because of the mini corner mirror within the side mirror), so my guess is that chart is just wrong based off incomplete info. If you go in to each model on the "Models and Spes" pages under "packages", they all list "Ford Copilot360 Technology".

My guess is they're still working on the language. Obviously the First Edition will have all the safety stuff, so I wouldn't worry about it not showing it on a user created chart.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2018/03/15/ford-co-pilot360.html

Ford Bronco Ford Co-Pilot360 vs Ford Co-Pilot360 Technology 1596087610546
This is a solid response and I appreciate the input. Still seems like a lot of guesses/assumptions/chalking-up-to-error, though.

I've gone through the full site ( https://www.ford.com/technology/driver-assist-technology/ ) and nowhere does it distinguish the two, so I'm hoping you're right? But if so, why would their spec sheets have them as two items with specific alignment to trims? Just... confusing.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is a solid response and I appreciate the input. Still seems like a lot of guesses/assumptions/chalking-up-to-error, though.

I've gone through the full site ( https://www.ford.com/technology/driver-assist-technology/ ) and nowhere does it distinguish the two, so I'm hoping you're right? But if so, why would their spec sheets have them as two items with specific alignment to trims? Just... confusing.
Because some trims have some of the fancier safety stuff optional (like BLIS as part of the mid package for example), and others have much of it standard.

This comparison shows you the differences in the two 360 packagesā€™ content on the Bronco if that is helpful.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/compare-models/#base|outerbanks
There you go.

Ford Bronco Ford Co-Pilot360 vs Ford Co-Pilot360 Technology 1596089956331

Sponsored
OP
OP
Boston182

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Because some trims have some of the fancier safety stuff optional (like BLIS as part of the mid package for example), and others have much of it standard.

There you go.

Ford Bronco Ford Co-Pilot360 vs Ford Co-Pilot360 Technology 1596089956331
So, going line-by-line (why the hell are the features not in the same order?? ?), there are no differences between the First Edition and the WildTrak Co-Pilot Technology items other than some being optional on one and standard on the other. Either CAN have them all.

So that further begs my question: what's the difference between the Co-Pilot and the Co-Pilot Technology and why is the First Edition excluded from the former, but other trims have the latter or have it optional?

(P.S. Thank you for your help and response. I appreciate the diligence to help a stranger.)

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, going line-by-line (why the hell are the features not in the same order?? ?), there are no differences between the First Edition and the WildTrak Co-Pilot Technology items other than some being optional on one and standard on the other. Either CAN have them all.

So that further begs my question: what's the difference between the Co-Pilot and the Co-Pilot Technology and why is the First Edition excluded from the former, but other trims have the latter or have it optional?

(P.S. Thank you for your help and response. I appreciate the diligence to help a stranger.)
It's ok, I don't mind, even if I don't have an FE lol!

Yeah, the different order list drove me nuts too.

Did you notice the base one on the left? And how its' "CoPilot360 Technology" had so many fewer features.......like I said earlier, I'm thinking they're just terming the blanket standard features as "CP360 Tech" and then the full thing they're just terming "CoPilot360"? Perhaps that's Ford's internal difference designation? Like I also said, I think the FE's exclusion of the CP360 line may have been an error, - when looking at that compare models page, OB's list was the same as Wildtrak and FE, so it would make sense for all 3 to have an X with the same features.

All I can do is guess and try to make logical assumptions of what it's meant to be. Unfortunately, we'll just have to wait for the order guide (whenever it arrives) for all the questions to be answered.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here's something I was looking for earlier but just found.....

On some other models (located this on Expedition's build and price), they have an optional variation of CoPilot:

Ford Co-Pilot360ā„¢ Assist ā€“ Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go, Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel LinkĀ®
This Assist one adds to the other stuff it has.

So there are slight variations and additions to the Co-Pilot360 suite.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The order also makes it very hard to compare... who the hell compares to list that are in different sort order???

From what I was able to make sense of is each list has the INCLUDED options first, then the optional ones after. So if you are comparing a trim to another that has it included, they will be in different spots.

That is why we need a freaking Matrix like they have for the Sport where a feature is listed 1 time and you get little symbols for each trim like Optional, included, SOL.. etc.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wondering if Bronco gets the hands-free driving portion of Co-Pilot360. Anybody have a clue if we can drive hands free with a manual, would imagine this is an auto only feature like everything else.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Boston182

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wondering if Bronco gets the hands-free driving portion of Co-Pilot360. Anybody have a clue if we can drive hands free with a manual, would imagine this is an auto only feature like everything else.
manĀ·uĀ·al
/Ėˆmanyə(wə)l/
adjective
(of a machine or device) worked by hand, not automatically or electronically.
When you purchase a manual, you are telling them you want to do things yourself. So no, I cannot imagine the vehicle you chose to shift manually to steer automatically for you. But hey, I could be wrong.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you purchase a manual, you are telling them you want to do things yourself. So no, I cannot imagine the vehicle you chose to shift manually to steer automatically for you. But hey, I could be wrong.
Donā€™t see why it couldnā€™t if you were in 6th gear cruising with adaptive cruise control on and if it needed to slow down or speed up, would just make a sound to take control.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think so, they'd have mentioned it if it did.
Sponsored