First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've posted in the past about a partial wrap based on a couple renders here that I liked (see bottom from Cappy), and am narrowed down to the OBX in Oxford white (gets the white fenders and mirrors) and potentially using this Avery color - Matte Moss Green Metallic (shown in pic below). I have ordered a sample to verify, but if you are unwilling to wait until '22 but want green, then here's an option... (have not found a "boxwood" vinyl unless you have the color printed on vinyl)

Ford Bronco Ford confirms a green 2022 Bronco color for MY22! *Not Filson Wildland Fire Rig Green* 1611256389242

Ford Bronco Ford confirms a green 2022 Bronco color for MY22! *Not Filson Wildland Fire Rig Green* 1611256945392
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Occam's Razor: Ford will simply use whatever green is already in their current color pallet.

Whatever colors Bronco gets will also have to be Ranger colors as they share the same paint facility.

Therefore: Guard Green. Which is essentially Magnetic silver with a hint of green, it's a pitiful color that is as much green as Cactus Gray is. Which is to say, not enough to classify it as anything outside of grayscale.

Here is guard green on a '15 Mustang. Is it green? No. It's just dark metallic gray. Hooray to those needing more grayscale colors aside from the 6 colors already offered!

Ford Bronco Ford confirms a green 2022 Bronco color for MY22! *Not Filson Wildland Fire Rig Green* 1611256945392
I don't agree with your disdain for CG but I'm definitely not on the Guard Green train. It's the worst colour Ford has (unless they're still using Sabre somewhere) and is even worse in person.

Case in point.....Ford needs to make me, and really only me, happy with the colours. Guard Green ain't it, chief.

bronK1TT

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium w/ Performance Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How's everyone feel about Guard Green?
It's probably one of the best color's Ford has in their pallette. I don't think I've EVER had so many people compliment the color of my car as many times as I have my Guard Green Mustang. If Guard became a Bronco color I wouldn't be as upset if I ended up being pushed to 2022 MY, but until then I'll stick to Antimatter Blue, which is essentially the blue version of Guard.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
20210121_131419.jpg

okay slightly less worried now
How I interpret this "corporate speak": "We will have a new expand a fleetwide green color available on many Ford products for 2021, Bronco will be one of the vehicles which has access to this color. Along with Ranger (obviously), F150, Mustang, Transit (because, why not?) and anything with a battery for locomotion."

Edit: Most likely this is simply expanding guard green further instead of a brand new paint color, so replace "new" in the above with "expand"

Last edited:

Sponsored

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

bought a sample of mallard and sprayed it on some foamboard last night - I am preparing to go that route because Guard Green is just not doing it for me and some Miami Dolphin shade (with the exception of boxwood) is also no bueno!

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

...perhaps "Silver Spruce", I think?!?! Looks pretty good with matte black grille/accents.

silver spruce.jpg

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

ew

just doesnt look right
Maybe it needs white accents IDK

Ford Bronco Ford confirms a green 2022 Bronco color for MY22! *Not Filson Wildland Fire Rig Green* silver spruce

Let me know when you sober up because this shade of green is great!! Just look past the shit wheels and yellow tow hooks. I'd pay extra no problem for this color from the factory.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are you talking about the Bullet Green(awesome)
1611257175201.png

or the retro in '05 Lime(ok, but did not age well)
1611257282164.png
Both.

@Squatch mentioned wanting Dark Highland Green to replace AMB. That ‘05 green was a cool color when it came out. I agree, it did not age well, but I’m sure in another 10 years wI’ll be all the rage again.

In case others take this post out of context, I don’t want either of these as “the new green”.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How I interpret this "corporate speak": "We will have a new expand a fleetwide green color available on many Ford products for 2021, Bronco will be one of the vehicles which has access to this color. Along with Ranger (obviously), F150, Mustang, Transit (because, why not?) and anything with a battery for locomotion."

Edit: Most likely this is simply expanding guard green further instead of a brand new paint color, so replace "new" in the above with "expand"
Hope you're wrong. I'm about a knife's edge from delaying to MY22. Not just because of the chance to get a good green, but one of the bigger reasons. Just not Guard Green. Think I'll wait to see what a few more weeks reveals. Guard green is garbage.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Leucadian

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Something like a British racing green on a saddle brown interior would be the winning combo.

Ford Bronco Ford confirms a green 2022 Bronco color for MY22! *Not Filson Wildland Fire Rig Green* Green.JPG

I'm switching to a MY22 reservation when it comes time to order.

-Green Bronco
-Painted Hard Top (white perhaps?)
-Slide out Tray
-More interior options (potentially?)

No point in limiting choices just to get a Bronco sooner. Especially when my 98' 4Runner is still going strong.

CanadianFord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Everyone might want green...but they all want different greens.

Ford could have 5 different green paint colors for MY22...and there will STILL be people complaining about not having 'their' green.
The way I see it, if you can afford a Bronco you can afford to get it painted yourself any color you want.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model