Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Ford engineer said he did not know....he said it was "NOT designed to be removed"
Well dang! Thank you for letting me know! Guess just have to see what I can come up with when I get one home!
Sponsored

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Ford engineer said he did not know....he said it was "NOT designed to be removed"
That just means you'll need a torx socket wrench instead of pulling a latch. Mine are coming out and staying out if it makes door storage easier on the 2-door

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine are coming out and staying out
A flat load floor is perhaps THE DEFINING CHARASTERISTIC of a SUV. I hope Ford will produce something that delivers that with seats out. That's FAR more preferable to raising the floor level and losing that space. I don't see how they believe they're competing with Wrangler without it.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A flat load floor is perhaps THE DEFINING CHARASTERISTIC of a SUV. I hope Ford will produce something that delivers that with seats out. That's FAR more preferable to raising the floor level and losing that space. I don't see how they believe they're competing with Wrangler without it.
The floor is flat from the rear axle and back. There's just no room to flop the seats into the rear passenger foot well on a 2 door, so they sit on top folded.
Ford Bronco Ford confirms folded rear seats will have slight incline and 4" step up from cargo floor 1595427679681

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The floor is flat from the rear axle and back. There's just no room to flop the seats into the rear passenger foot well on a 2 door, so they sit on top folded.
Ford Bronco Ford confirms folded rear seats will have slight incline and 4" step up from cargo floor 1595427679681
I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. Whomever attempted to fold those seats down missed a step. I believe that something needs to be done to the bottom of the seat (where your butt goes) before the seat backs will fold flat, and that was not done before this picture was taken.

I know that my mom was pretty livid at the sales guy at the Nissan dealership because he told her the rear seats folded flat but didn't show her how to do it, and she couldn't figure it out when she tried it at home. I figured it out just before I resorted to reading the manual (which is probably what she should have done). You have to remove the headrests (Bronco's headrests pivot so you don't have to remove them) and flip up the bottom of the seat before the back of the seat will lay flat. I expect that the Bronco has something similar.

Sponsored

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is 100% incorrect as confirmed by the Ford engineers that are on the board. The seat bottoms tumble forward on the 2-door and slide forward and drop flat into the footwell on the 4-door. Then the backs fold down on both.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. Whomever attempted to fold those seats down missed a step. I believe that something needs to be done to the bottom of the seat (where your butt goes) before the seat backs will fold flat, and that was not done before this picture was taken.
For the 4 door, yes that is true. There is plenty of room for that to happen in a 4 door. There's just no room in the 2 door because the seats sit right on top of the axle.

Here's the 4 door (From page 1). You can see plenty of room and the hinges under the seats. I can't find the 2 door image, but on the 2 door, there isn't an open cavity under the seat, so there's no where for it to go
Ford Bronco Ford confirms folded rear seats will have slight incline and 4" step up from cargo floor 1595428708149

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There's just no room to flop the seats into the rear passenger foot well on a 2 door, so they sit on top folded.
THIS is a cluster. To call them "fold-flat seats" is nothing short of a bold-face lie.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For the 4 door, yes that is true. There is plenty of room for that to happen in a 4 door. There's just no room in the 2 door because the seats sit right on top of the axle.

Here's the 4 door (From page 1). You can see plenty of room and the hinges under the seats. I can't find the 2 door image, but on the 2 door, there isn't an open cavity under the seat, so there's no where for it to go
Ford Bronco Ford confirms folded rear seats will have slight incline and 4" step up from cargo floor 1595428708149
There isn't a cavity under the seat in my mom's X-Terra, either, but the seat backs still fold flat because you flip the seat bottoms up out of the way.

Sponsored

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That's kinda like Bill Clinton saying..."well, it depends on what the definition of is is"
Since none of us have actually seen it, I’m going to trust the Ford engineers that have actually folded the seats flat with their own hands. In a perfect world they would flat at the same level as the cargo area, but not doing so doesn’t mean they don’t fold flat. They will be horizontal and you’ll be able to load things on top of them.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In a perfect world they would flat at the same level as the cargo area
BEST CASE = wasted space; the entire floor area is elevated 4" to 5" PLUS you have 2 rear seat headrests sticking up like sore thumbs.

Totally acceptable on an $8,000 Tata Motors car in India. $50K in USA - not so much