Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm fairly certain the tailgate brings the load floor up to the same level as the seats. But I'm not 100% certain...I haven't seen one in the flesh yet.

Hahaha you didn't tag me!
@laj.tuxmek

Ford Bronco Ford confirms folded rear seats will have slight incline and 4" step up from cargo floor 1595303353410

That would make everything look symmetrical and flawless if that’s the case.
Sponsored

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Honestly. I can’t follow through with this order until I get a proper rear leg room dimension or possibly get a chance to sit in it. Every rear legroom shot is pitiful and if I can’t fit a rear facing babysit its useless to me and a 55k paperweight in the driveway. Fords legroom dimensions on the website are identical to the 2 door and need correcting. Under assumption that’s its small based on dimensions and photos and need to officially be proved wrong.
We have a 4Runner and a Lexus GX. The legroom specs on the Bronco are 2”+ more front legroom and 2”+ more in the rear seats than the Lexus. The 4Runner has the same front legroom and slightly less rear legroom as the GX. Provided the measurements released by Ford are accurate, I think there will be plenty of room.

Sponsored

highertechnology

Wildtrak
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really wish this tailgate folded down also.
To this point.... Do we know if the rear tailgate door is removable. Coming from a crew cab pickup Id like to be able to strap some items down further than the tailgate if necessary.

Ultimate6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT8 Challenger, Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's really unfortunate. Not enough to keep me from my 2 door though.

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Never having had a swing gate....will the pneumatic locking bar be strong enough to keep the door at 90deg. open if you are hauling something longer than the bed?
It seems like there would be a good side load if one were to turn or brake aggressively.

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have a 4Runner and a Lexus GX. The legroom specs on the Bronco are 2”+ more front legroom and 2”+ more in the rear seats than the Lexus. The 4Runner has the same front legroom and slightly less rear legroom as the GX. Provided the measurements released by Ford are accurate, I think there will be plenty of room.
Everyone thinking about the 4 door bronco as a family hauler should read this, as I am going to walk you through some key points. Sorry BroncoChicken, this isn’t all directed at you, just trying to figure out the legroom situation and the results are pretty important to share.

Spelling everything out so this could easily be referenced in other threads regarding a concern with rear leg room.

as a reply to above, some rear leg room numbers are misleading. Someone mentioned that as well on the 4 runner, listed as 34” and thought they could get 2” more with a bronco. I googled this and it sounds like legroom dimensions are sometimes wonky given they could be measured with the front seats in the back of their tracks or in a normal driving position. In the case of 4 runner and GX I think those are with the seats all the way back. Read below. In no way does the GX actually have 2” less rear legroom than the 4 door bronco. By the time you’re done reading and reviewing the photos it looks like the GX actually has a good 4-5” more rear legroom, not 2” less, which goes back to my point that those measurements are probably with the seats in the back of their tracks.

let’s allow the photos to do the talking

comparing photos -
Step 1 - look at the driver seat front edge and compare to bottom of the steering wheel. That locks in the position of the front seat for reference.

step 2 - now look at rear seat room. Compare the length of the knee room to the length of the seat cushion

here are the results
For the GX photos (same car on car guru with front seats unmoved in both photos - figured that would give an honest look). You see the Front seat front edge is aligned with the bottom of the steering wheel. A typical driving position if anything the seat is pushed back an inch since a normal driving position has a small overlap between the bottom cushion and the steering wheel. Then look at the rear. TONS of legroom. Rear knee room is almost equal to the seat cushion depth. I tested this out in my own outback and the rear seat was the same, seat cushion was 19”, almost half of the overall measurement.

NOW look at the Ford side profile below (4 dr not the 2 dr). the front seat front edge has an inch or two of overlap with the bottom of the steering wheel (keep in mind some of the front seat is hidden by the shifter). So it’s actually showing the front seat slightly more forward than the GX photo. And then look at the corresponding rear seat legroom compared to the GX. It’s night and day. GX looks like a freaking limo. The rear knee room is only half of the depth of the seat cushion, a 0.5:1 ratio, not a 1:1 ratio like in the GX.

And here’s the optical illusion that everyone should be made aware of...

The front seats in the bronco 4 dr are always behind the b pillar. Every photo I have seen of the 4 door shows this even the marketing materials. It seems like you could push the front seats forward a ton, and free up space in the rear. But that’s not fully the case. It’s almost an optical illusion because I think the B pillars on the 4 dr are just pushed forward more than typical cars to make way for the rear doors since the rear area is so cramped. Attached is a two door you will see the difference in the b pillar. But more importantly, using the GX photo for reference, the front seats are actually pushed back some since the front seat lip is aligned with the steering wheel (not overlapping by 2 inches) and STILL the seat back is slightly in front of the B pillar. In the 4 door bronco side profile, the seat is overlapping the steering wheel. So the seats aren’t pushed back. It’s just that the B pillar is positioned forward a good 4” compared to other suvs. The b pillar is just throwing off ppls point of reference. Which is why when the rear seat shot that was posted in this thread (included below) scared the shit out of me. One would think of the front seats are super pushed back behind the b pillar. But not true. What you see is what you get for rear legroom. I don’t think you could move the front seats forwards nearly as much as you think.

so again really hard to make the call to order without seeing in person. Or until we get a YouTubein depth review of the 4 door

did ford drop the ball? Maybe. I do find it odd that they are clearly showing misstated legroom numbers given the overall legroom is visibly not identical between the 2 dr and 4 dr. Maybe this was a major sacrifice in order to remove the space bar (a big selling point over the wrangler for open air feel). But Broncos roll cage results in a shorter cabin than the wrangler given it doesn’t have the mid support bar. Putting numbers aside, just look at the wrangler. It’s bigger.

wrangler is 41/38, bronco is 43/36. But given the front upright dash I’m not so sure you could just scoot the front seat up a full 2-3 inches in the bronco. Your limited on knee room not legroom. At the end of the day I think you’re left with around 36 in the rear which is very poor. And if you hear guys that say my 4 runner is listed at 34” take that with a grain of salt because I think some cars have measurements with the seats back. We just proved that going from a GX to a 4 door bronco looks to be a loss of 4-5” of rear legroom, not a gain of 2”

so not yet sold if this is accommodating for young families w car seats, especially rear baby seats. Which is a big deal if you buy this site unseen. Not sure how well this would serve as a family suv / road trips etc.

order of photos is thrown off. Below is - Bronco 2 dr, Bronco 4 dr, GX, wrangler

Ford Bronco Ford confirms folded rear seats will have slight incline and 4" step up from cargo floor 416C0383-6467-40DA-A862-BBDFB31FB705

Ford Bronco Ford confirms folded rear seats will have slight incline and 4" step up from cargo floor ABFD0AD2-8A8E-46FE-9278-B4D3E54FBF58

Ford Bronco Ford confirms folded rear seats will have slight incline and 4" step up from cargo floor CD00153C-F5A1-40E1-9977-D18D5C907229

Ford Bronco Ford confirms folded rear seats will have slight incline and 4" step up from cargo floor 82A5F2F8-B2B8-4F33-BA03-91F2121CF81E

Ford Bronco Ford confirms folded rear seats will have slight incline and 4" step up from cargo floor D495D38A-97E6-4DD6-8071-2FD51EB5815B
Ford Bronco Ford confirms folded rear seats will have slight incline and 4" step up from cargo floor FA1367FD-63A1-4CC7-8F66-3267DD7E8F64

Last edited:

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

i was building a ranger on ford.com an it had a rear seat delete option...
I have a rear seat delete option in my garage that I will use.
Ford Bronco Ford confirms folded rear seats will have slight incline and 4" step up from cargo floor FB9FCC79-78A5-4FE2-8D91-AF86F4A0A9A2

Sponsored

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford: We want Bronco to compete in the overlanding community

Bronco: Offers only a 150W outlet
Bronco: Seats folded at the same angle as a Fusion
Bronco: Only 110 lbs of dynamic roof weight for a tiny rooftop tent

Last edited:

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What step are you referring to?

EDIT: I think you are talking about the 4" step between the seats and the cargo area. Yes, the 4-door has it as well, but it has a little ramp/flap to bridge the gap. You can kind of see it in this picture:
Ford Bronco Ford confirms folded rear seats will have slight incline and 4" step up from cargo floor FB9FCC79-78A5-4FE2-8D91-AF86F4A0A9A2
This is the same setup as my 2008 4-door Jeep Liberty Sport which also has the flap to bridge the gap. Why would the 2-door Bronco not have this same setup with the flap to bridge the gap?

OP
OP

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford: We want to Bronco to compete in the overlanding community

Bronco: Offers only a 150W outlet
Bronco: Seats folded at the same angle as a Fusion
Bronco: Only 110 lbs of dynamic roof weight for a tiny rooftop tent
most serious overlanders tear apart their cars to make overlanding rigs. At least with storage

whats wrong with 150w?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the same setup as my 2008 4-door Jeep Liberty Sport which also has the flap to bridge the gap. Why would the 2-door Bronco not have this same setup with the flap to bridge the gap?
I think it’s the geometry of the floor. On the 4-door the bottom seats are mounted on a lower portion of the body, prior to where it rises over the rear axle.
On the 2-door they are mounted on the body where it’s already elevated.
As a result, both need different folding mechanisms to accomplish the same effect.