Sponsored

Ford confirms: trim and configuration changes will be unlimited when ordering your Bronco (except First Edition)

LoneStar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So my dealer Internet sales mgr emailed a phone number to call regarding questions on Bronco Reservations (800) 392-3673 Ford Customer Relationship Center. The voice-menu options 1-4 don't seem to give a proper choice but if you press "0" it goes into queue for a real person. Wait time wasn't terrible, maybe 5 minutes.

Person stated clearly that reservations are mainly judging demand and will set approximate sequencing of early customer deliveries - constrained by normal production batching. They won't build every single unit in exact order in a litany of configurations. There will be a structured sequencing. Nonetheless reserved folks should see deliveries ahead of general dealer allocations. Person was pleasant and seemed informed.

My primary question dealt with changing # of doors. In my case from 4-dr to 2-dr. Also seeking a change to trim package. Person reiterated what has been said quite a bit (but with some naysayers). In December when converting a reservation to actual order - ALL KINDS OF CHANGES ARE ALLOWED. You are effectively defining your "reserved" build at that time no matter what selections made early-on. Only exception is the obvious one - cannot pick a First Edition (duh).

This may be a rehash posting to many. Perhaps it will sooth some. Thought I would share this information. You can call and have your own conversation.
Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish Ford would realize that if they would just put some effort into a thorough and accurate FAQ and then email the link out to reservation holders it would save us a lot of time as well as their own staff.

I know why people call. They want reassurance. But there is just not enough consistency in what we hear to put it to rest. You call and talk to dozens of people in any call center at any company and the answer is always a bit different.
That’s why FAQs exist. They are fantastic when executed properly. And not the crappy one we have seen thus far from Ford.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if I have a 2dr FE and want to change to a 4dr Wildtrack I can do that?
And I can also change dealers?
According to my Ford contact they are working on it and has removed the wording from the ford.com site talked to her just a few moments ago...

Sponsored

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So my dealer Internet sales mgr emailed a phone number to call regarding questions on Bronco Reservations (800) 392-3673 Ford Customer Relationship Center. The voice-menu options 1-4 don't seem to give a proper choice but if you press "0" it goes into queue for a real person. Wait time wasn't terrible, maybe 5 minutes.

Person stated clearly that reservations are mainly judging demand and will set approximate sequencing of early customer deliveries - constrained by normal production batching. They won't build every single unit in exact order in a litany of configurations. There will be a structured sequencing. Nonetheless reserved folks should see deliveries ahead of general dealer allocations. Person was pleasant and seemed informed.

My primary question dealt with changing # of doors. In my case from 4-dr to 2-dr. Also seeking a change to trim package. Person reiterated what has been said quite a bit (but with some naysayers). In December when converting a reservation to actual order - ALL KINDS OF CHANGES ARE ALLOWED. You are effectively defining your "reserved" build at that time no matter what selections made early-on. Only exception is the obvious one - cannot pick a First Edition (duh).

This may be a rehash posting to many. Perhaps it will sooth some. Thought I would share this information. You can call and have your own conversation.
Can we switch out of a First Edition to a lower trim?

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can we switch out of a First Edition to a lower trim?
You know, I didn't think to ask it since that's not applicable to my situation. Based on how concise the response I got was... would be surprised if you could not do so. Just can't go the other way.

Encourage you to call that number in post #1 if you need more assurance.