Reimund
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Bronco
Big Bend
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

So the dealers will have to put stickers on them in their lot that say "Not For Sale, Vehicle Doesn't Run" or something like that?
They aren’t responsible for showcasing them. I believe larger dealers have fenced compounds they can use to store the vehicles while they await the chips.

NDBronco

First Edition
First Name
J
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 VW Golf TDI
Bronco
First Edition
You sure about that? I’m not as confident.
Depends on when your reservation time stamp is of course and what you ordered but who knows when any of us will get our broncos. I have a day one reservation stamp and I don't have a build date or anything. I am sure many are the same as me but I am not so concerned as it gives me more time to build up a down payment. I just don't like the idea of getting a bronco right before Christmas and calling it a 2021 model. Really at this point all broncos produced this year should be a 2022 model year.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion Hybrid beater
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

can we create a sub-forum and entitle it "the latest internet article to incite Bronco Hysteria". we can put it in the same list as the "OMG Ford LIED to us again" section..... <yawn> ....... :)
Exactly! The CPU shortage is a dogwhisle that people react to.

I'm fucking tired of FUD being spread around by "news" organizations to drum up clicks for advertising dollars. From COVID to Broncos, the bullshit is the same and people don't or won't unplug from it.

Broncodave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

The CPU shortage is a dogwhisle that people react to
That dog whistle is probably why a lot of people haven't gotten their Broncos yet.

I'm fucking tired of FUD being spread around by "news" organizations to drum up clicks for advertising dollars.
The story was reported by Automotive News. You have to be a subscriber to even access the article, so it's not exactly clickbait.

https://www.autonews.com/dealers/ford-weighs-shipping-vehicles-missing-chips-dealerships-finish

Broncodave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Its plugging a connector into a box.
Yet Ford is going to train the service techs on how to install them. What does that say about the service techs?

Broncodave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

FUD is one thing. Head in the sand is another.

nvabill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, C-182 Skylane
Bronco
Badlands
Addendum - the Bronco has reportedly not experienced delays due to chip shortages . See articles:

CEO Farley says Ford was able to offset almost all chip shortage impact
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...offset-almost-all-chip-shortage-impact.17010/

Report: 2021 Bronco production not expected to be affected by chip shortage.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...tage-and-deadly-6-are-now-the-deadly-4.16264/

Found this post on the F150 forum, I wonder if it will apply to the Webasto Tops.
May be a good time to get in the shrink wrap business, LOL.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...-for-dealerships-to-finish-if-they-want.4737/

DETROIT — Ford Motor Co. is weighing plans to start shipping partially built vehicles that are awaiting semiconductors or related components to dealerships around the country, a move that, if approved, would place responsibility on its retail network to complete the assembly once the chips are available.

The automaker began detailing the plans, which are not final, to some of its dealers this week, according to four people with knowledge of the discussions. Only dealers who would choose to receive the unfinished vehicles would get shipments and service technicians would be trained on how to install the chips, one of the people said. Dealerships would be compensated for slightly less than an hour's worth of labor for each vehicle, the person said.

Still unclear is whether the dealers would be responsible for the vehicles while they sit on their lots awaiting chips. Dealers are not expected to have to floorplan the vehicles before they're finished, one person said. The people asked not to be identified discussing internal company plans.

Ford is considering shifting its strategy, the people said, to ease the glut of unfinished vehicles piling up on company-owned lots around the country so it can keep assembly plants running. By essentially moving the vehicles now, Ford would be able to get them into customers' hands more quickly once the chips are ready instead of having to ship vehicles en masse at a later date.

“We are exploring a number of different options as we work to get our customers and dealers their new vehicles as quickly as possible," a Ford spokesman said.

Some dealers who spoke with Automotive News said they're concerned about shifting the responsibility — and potential liability — from the factory to the dealer body. Others, however, applauded the move because it gives them something to put on their nearly empty lots.

Ford has been hit hard by the chip crisis, saying earlier this year that the shortage will cost it $2.5 billion and slash its production this year by 1.1 million vehicles. Dealer lots have dried up, and customers who placed orders have been forced to wait months.

In late April, Ford said it had 22,000 partially built vehicles awaiting chips. It's unclear how much that number has grown.

The company has attempted to ease the crisis by focusing on custom-built orders and offering buyers $1,000 off if they place an order that will be fulfilled at a later date.

https://www.autonews.com/dealers/ford-weighs-shipping-vehicles-missing-chips-dealerships-finish
Ford needs to build a chip factory!

nminus1

Base
First Name
Henry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Bronco
Base
God knows there is plenty of space to store them if the Ford dealers are like the ones by me. Them lots are Empty!
Same with Chevy!!! Had my Duramax serviced I asked where are the new cars? Service manager says well we have 3, wating for October... LOL

• Wow
Reactions: jxc

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Bronco
Base
Yet Ford is going to train the service techs on how to install them. What does that say about the service techs?
There’s more to it than just plugging it in. But Ford tech’s are a lot more qualified than the folks at the assembly plants to be doing this work. They are not going to be able to do 200 a day like they can at the plant but when there is an issue that same tech fixes it , the plant has to move it to the side and get a tech. If it wasn’t for the the knuckle dragging mechanics most of y’all would be walking by now. I really figured that the people on an off-road forum would get that but I guess not🤷🏻‍♂️

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Bronco
First Edition
Now where is that thread with all the people saying Ford had secured enough chips for it's Bronco production...
Ford themselves came out and said it. They said a lot of things though.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Bronco
First Edition
Same with Chevy!!! Had my Duramax serviced I asked where are the new cars? Service manager says well we have 3, wating for October... LOL
Oh wow someone else on here has common sense. Which dmax do you have lml,L5p?

Broncodave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

There’s more to it than just plugging it in. But Ford tech’s are a lot more qualified than the folks at the assembly plants to be doing this work. They are not going to be able to do 200 a day like they can at the plant but when there is an issue that same tech fixes it , the plant has to move it to the side and get a tech. If it wasn’t for the the knuckle dragging mechanics most of y’all would be walking by now. I really figured that the people on an off-road forum would get that but I guess not🤷🏻‍♂️
I was just making a comment on how the poster presented his viewpoint. Like installing the part was nothing.

Yes, of course the mechanics are highly trained and good at their jobs. I couldn't do any of this stuff.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Bronco
Base
I was just making a comment on how the poster presented his viewpoint.

Yes, of course the techs are highly trained and good at their jobs. I couldn't do any of this stuff.
Some of these comments are just down right insulting, you just happened to be close to the end. I work on big industrial Caterpillar and Waukesha engines and would always rather have a field tech than a factory guy, it’s boils down to having vehicles available on the lots as soon as the chips are available and increasing your installation techs by a factor of 100. I think it’s smart busines, also if you have 100 vehicles and 20 chips you can hold the chips and install them in a vehicle that a customer wants to buy giving him options.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDS Suspension
Advertisement