Status
Not open for further replies.

Efthreeoh

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
This is same logic when the most the obese, obnoxious, drunk crowd yells "WE WON!!".
No, 15 guys who don't know you, won, not you.

It's healthy to understand why the rest of the world is objectively happier with much less.
It's more healthier to understand why they want to sneak in...

Efthreeoh

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
The lack of chips may be a blessing in disguise. I've noticed pretty rapid shipment on a lot of our Broncos, could be shippers are not busy because the chip shortage has delayed other vehicles. If they start shipping sans chips we could see extended shipping times.
You Sir, get a gold star. One hell of a good point. Well done.

nminus1

Base
First Name
Henry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Oh wow someone else on here has common sense. Which dmax do you have lml,L5p?
2003, LB7 I think. I had trouble finding a dealer to replace the glow plugs these stealerships only want to work on cars/trucks 10 years old or less. Unbelievable. With new sales non-existent, used sales just barely better they have to find a way to make money. Not cheap but I know they will stand behind their work at least. I bet in this market my sweet clean truck is worth at least 20k or more. But I'll never sell it, its doesn't have a piss tank and runs strong I baby it.

Efthreeoh

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
I love how the FUD of this forum automatically assumes some lube tech is going to be reflowing PCB's.

Its plugging a connector into a box.
This is exactly the point. I've not heavily researched it, but if the "chip" is field repairable, it means it is not surface-mounted on a PCB deep inside a computer module. I'm sure there are ESD requirements to adhere too, but most service techs are well trained in ESD procedures.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
2003, LB7 I think. I had trouble finding a dealer to replace the glow plugs these stealerships only want to work on cars/trucks 10 years old or less. Unbelievable. With new sales non-existent, used sales just barely better they have to find a way to make money. Not cheap but I know they will stand behind their work at least. I bet in this market my sweet clean truck is worth at least 20k or more. But I'll never sell it, its doesn't have a piss tank and runs strong I baby it.
I would say find a good diesel shop but I seen your in California. They’re not to friendly to them out there. I’d kill for a rust free greystone LBZ. Hard to find out here in the Midwest with the dam road salt.

Dr.Detroit

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
So let me get this straight instead of sitting at the Kentucky speedway they want f150 to just sit at the dealerships waiting for the chips either way the truck is just sitting
of course they dont want that, but they don't make their own chips...NO car manufacturer does dude!!!
i suggest you learn about the manufacturer that makes the chips to understand the complexity of the issue. It is not like making ice cream. Just so you start to understand the situation..not just make ridiculous statements..and twist peoples words.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 vw gti
of course they dont want that, but they don't make their own chips...NO car manufacturer does dude!!!
i suggest you learn about the manufacturer that makes the chips to understand the complexity of the issue. It is not like making ice cream. Just so you start to understand the situation..not just make ridiculous statements..and twist peoples words.
The whole problem is the United States needs to start making stuff in America again and I don’t want to hear blah blah it cost to much to produce in the USA cheaper overseas bullshit . Another problem is no one wants to work I don’t care what profession it is as long as the government keeps dishing out free money and hand outs .Thank god I don’t have any kids or planning on having any these kids that are growing up in the world we live in today I feel bad for them

Dr.Detroit

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
The whole problem is the United States needs to start making stuff in America again and I don’t want to hear blah blah it cost to much to produce in the USA cheaper overseas bullshit . Another problem is no one wants to work I don’t care what profession it is as long as the government keeps dishing out free money and hand outs .Thank god I don’t have any kids or planning on having any these kids that are growing up in the world we live in today I feel bad for them
Chips are and automated process. not many workers involved. you should watch the videos about how they are made...you just don't build a chip factory tomorrow..it takes like 10 years to get it up to speed....these decisions were made in our generation, not theirs, blaming them for this is laughable tho...so there that..

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 vw gti
Chips are and automated process. not many workers involved. you should watch the videos about how they are made...you just don't build a chip factory tomorrow..it takes like 10 years to get it up to speed....
Don’t get me wrong I totally understand we’re you coming from it’s basically the same reason you can’t buy a ps5 or xboxseries x now they can’t produce the chips for them fast enough it’s affected evrything there’s so many electronics that use chips

The Memedalorian

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
People still work in chip factories.

COVID messed up everything. And I'm not talking about the virus itself. It was the restrictions and fearmongering.

Supply chains are at best, slowed way down. But they are starting to collapse due to a ripple effect.

Parts used in automation and control for chip factories are hard to get because a lot of those items use chips as well. Almost everything that people use today and don't even think about have chips.

And things that DON'T have chips, rely on things that do within 3 to 4 degrees of separation at most.

Waiting for 4th Bronco

Base
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Mercedes C350
Clubs

I only clicked on this thread because the VB 2dr Base in the picture is almost my build. I NEED to see one in person. I guess I'll go out and stalk the off-roadeo near me.

Dr.Detroit

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
People still work in chip factories.

COVID messed up everything. And I'm not talking about the virus itself. It was the restrictions and fearmongering.

Supply chains are at best, slowed way down. But they are starting to collapse due to a ripple effect.

Parts used in automation and control for chip factories are hard to get because a lot of those items use chips as well. Almost everything that people use today and don't even think about have chips.

And things that DON'T have chips, rely on things that do within 3 to 4 degrees of separation at most.
yes, people do...but no like some average millennial is getting that job..thats is why i stated "not many do"

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

fifteen52

Advertisement