Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram3500 diesel crew cab long bed on 37's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alexa already hears everything we say in our house. Like I also want it hearing me rant at other drivers on the road šŸ™ƒ

Rush4th

Base
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm a BIG fan of alexa cuz of its open interface. Anyone with minimal knowledge can write "code" and do anything they want. I can't wait for the stage 10 icon kit so I can be cruising down a trail and say,"Alexa, put my coilovers on 7." A whole new take on tech and offroading.

gaspasm

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I donā€™t like listening to the Alexa in my home. Why the hell do I want to talk to her(it) in my bronco when I want to get away fromā€¦ā€¦. fill in blank!! šŸ“ā€ā˜ ļø

Sponsored

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where is the Bronco off road app we were promised?

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much do I need to pay to have it not be installed?
Probably canā€™t do that, but you can delete the Alexa icon on your Sync screen. I canā€™t believe Ford actually thinks people are going to use this feature. A few might but the majority are like, ā€œIā€™ll passā€.

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get a kick out of all you folks that think "Alexa" is the ONE thing spying on you, yet you have had a smart phone for how long?

Give it up people, nobody cares that you sing like shit or that you pick your nose. Anything that is worth while knowing about you is already in either Apples, Googles, Amazons, or Microsofts database.

I have a fairly smart house and love it. We are an Amazon/Alexa house and have not even broke the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what Alexa can do.

You are surrounded by things that are gathering info about you. Wth are you worried about Alexa.

Ford....you just better still allow me to say "Alexa, give me directions to ..." When I eventually get my Bronco.
Yes! Exactly!

If you all have owned a phone, any cellular phone in the last 30 years, if you've had a cable box, if you've had a satellite TV, if you've had DirecTV, if you've had TiVo, if you've had a computer or visited a website (ANY WEBSITE), then your data is already tracked. Bought something on the Internet before... bought something in store before... any big box store... bought something with a credit card before... Yes? Then why on Earth are you folks complaining about an Alexa device in a truck "tracking you". And, you probably travel around with that iPhone, Samsung phone or Motorola phone in your pocket already.

@da_jokker There is a tie in of Alexa to Control4 and it is great. You should check out Control4 @da_jokker . Blinds, lights, all of the entertainment systems, scenes. I could see applying Control4 scenes into something like raising the garage door after x time after starting the Bronco in the garage, setting an in truck temperature, etc. all as part of a scene. Love my smart home as well. I don't have my Bronco yet, or else I would look at how to incorporate scenes and share via DM.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't understand why they are adding this when Sync can do all of this already.

Sponsored

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is an Alexa tab in the Settings menu. I think thatā€™s where I was able to delete that Alexa circle icon.
but does it delete anything beside the icon? How do you make sure Peckerhead Jeff still can't listen and collect info?

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where is the Bronco off road app we were promised?
The same place the $900 forged Badlands optional wheels went. They were there when I ordered, there when I was scheduled, and disappeared between my build date and delivery. While they dropped the Sasquatch forged wheel advertising earlier, the Badlands capable wheels continued to be touted as forged until late last year. It's a hell of a way to get roughly another $1k out of a customer. I'm not holding my breath for anything promised but not present at time of delivery.

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

but does it delete anything beside the icon? How do you make sure Peckerhead Jeff still can't listen and collect info?
Alexa shouldnā€™t be active in the vehicle as you have to link your Amazon account among other things to activate the service. But then again, look how many times an ad for something you were talking about pops up in your Facebook feed.
Sponsored