First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Two issues I have with Jeep right now are the Sky One Touch top only available on high end models and the full time Selec-Trac 4X4 system only available on the Sahara. If I could get those two options on a Willys Unlimited I don't think I'd even be considering a Bronco.

I've gotten around the sky top by adding a Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop to my JKU and that's been super convenient. I have the security of a hard top and option for quick open air driving.

The 4X4 system is another story. I don't know how many times driving in Michigan when road conditions aren't horrible (yet) and I've had my Wrangler in in 2H. As conditions have gotten worse wondered and switched to 4H. This is especially worrisome when some stretches are safe to drive 70mph and some when it's unsafe to drive at 50 in the same trip. From what I understand, it's not good to be driving on dry(ish?) pavement in 4H and I shouldn't be switching between the two when traveling over 45 mph. A full time system would be nice. Sure the Rubicon folks can have their Rock Trac system but the majority of owners could use a full time system most of the time.
Full time AWD is coming to wrangler in 2021. It was on their pricing guide

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMO, it's already a superior vehicle, despite not knowing engine/tranny/articulation/etc specs. As long as Bronco doesn't stumble out of the gate like the Wranglers did with track bar weld and steering issues, should be a slam dunk

zachadams

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Is the bronco going to have a solid front axle? This is a huge advantage offroad compared to an independent front, unless we are talking high speed off-road, but in that case the raptor exists. If we are going to compare the bronco to the wrangler it really would need a solid front axle since that’s one of the things that sets the wrangler apart offroad.
On a separate note, the JL now uses a ZF designed automatic transmission for those of you who don’t already know. I believe it is still manufactured by FCA but it is definitely not their own design. It is a solid performer and is used in many other vehicles from various auto companies.
Full disclosure, if you haven’t figured it out already, yes I own a wrangler, but I am also a bronco fan and look forward to a little friendly competition on the trail.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is the bronco going to have a solid front axle? This is a huge advantage offroad compared to an independent front, unless we are talking high speed off-road, but in that case the raptor exists. If we are going to compare the bronco to the wrangler it really would need a solid front axle since that’s one of the things that sets the wrangler apart offroad.
On a separate note, the JL now uses a ZF designed automatic transmission for those of you who don’t already know. I believe it is still manufactured by FCA but it is definitely not their own design. It is a solid performer and is used in many other vehicles from various auto companies.
Full disclosure, if you haven’t figured it out already, yes I own a wrangler, but I am also a bronco fan and look forward to a little friendly competition on the trail.
SEND IN...THE CHAIRS.

Sponsored

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
SFA has been discussed forever on this forum, the answer for now seems to be no SFA on the Bronco, it'll be IFS. (Which is my strong preference, Jeep still hasn't figured out how to build a SFA.)

zachadams

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
SFA has been discussed forever on this forum, the answer for now seems to be no SFA on the Bronco, it'll be IFS. (Which is my strong preference, Jeep still hasn't figured out how to build a SFA.)
I’m not sure what you mean by that since Jeep doesn’t build any SFAs. They are all Dana axles. There is simply no way the bronco will be able to compete with the wrangler off-road without a solid front axle in terms of articulation. It will definitely be better on road though. All I can say is I have never heard of wrangler owners getting an IFS conversion, but I have heard of IFS vehicles, such as the hummer, getting SFA conversions. There is a reason for this. From an off-roaders perspective, a SFA is a must.

milkmoney111

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTi
Your Bronco Model
Base
I tuned my 2.3 lt mustang with the Ford Performance tune and CAI and am seeing major gains in HP and TQ.
I'm assuming they still cover that under warranty since it's Ford right? I tuned my little Volkswagen and it became a dog on the road. Cheap and big performance gains with a chip/flash/tune.

Villagevip

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"68" "72" Broncos, sadly sold, back in the day
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hardtop , soft top, and powered soft top...Powered soft top, could be the four door hardtop has a long soft top slider ...Hoping for just, a two door powered convertible soft top.. : )

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Interesting that they didn’t call the “Small Rugged Off-Road Utility“ a “Bronco Sport”. Here‘s to hoping they see the error in that naming setup and call it Maverick or something else. Anything else!

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m not sure what you mean by that since Jeep doesn’t build any SFAs. They are all Dana axles. There is simply no way the bronco will be able to compete with the wrangler off-road without a solid front axle in terms of articulation. It will definitely be better on road though. All I can say is I have never heard of wrangler owners getting an IFS conversion, but I have heard of IFS vehicles, such as the hummer, getting SFA conversions. There is a reason for this. From an off-roaders perspective, a SFA is a must.
Please debate SFA vs IFS on the proper thread.

The IFS vs SFA Thread

Rizi

Badlands
First Name
Rizi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus, Ecosport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the IMG market? The Bronco/Sport and F-150 fall into that.

Edit: It means the Middle East.
International Market Group, it includes ME, SSA, SEA, IND, Australia and all other emerging market (more than 100 regions)

In short, all markets except NA, SA, EU, CN comes under IMG. It came into effect from Jan 20 by restructuring of APA+MENA to make CN a separate entity.

Last edited:

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The question is what the bronco needs to be superior to the wrangler. The answer is a SFA. It really isn’t a debate.
Somebody throw the chairs!!!!!

@zachadams go to the IFS vs. SFA Thread.