redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Really the sport has got to be atleast as good and an of jeeps unibodies, except maybe the GC, otherwise why bother making it. It should keep up with anything trail rated. Alteast in its better trim.

Of course because it's a Ford and it's Built Ford Tough !!

I am sure the Sport will kick alot of unibody butt !!
Sponsored

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well shoot!

I wanted to talk to him about buying an Explorer for my wife.
Depending on how soon you were trying to do that most of us think he will return after the reveal on July 9th

At least we hope he does

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO, it needs to have the following to be able to say it's superior

- More factory customization (colors, fenders, tires/wheels, etc...)
I agree with most of your premise, but the last one is kind of where you lose me.

That amount of variability just drives up cost. The American Expedition Vehicles ZR2 Bison was an eye opener at how even the simplest of AEV's design changes had to integrate with NHTSA requirements and meet GM standards for crash testing, rollover and airbag deployment in not just simulation, but impact testing. OEMs have a tremendous amount of liability they want to eliminate, and more options = more problems to solve = more cost.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That amount of variability just drives up cost.
When my only interest is getting from Point 'A' to Point 'B' I have about as much emotional investment in the vehicle as I do in a Taxi or ride share. Zero. When I'm thinking of spending $50K on a toy I don't really need, I want it the way I want it....or I might not want it at all.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree with most of your premise, but the last one is kind of where you lose me.

That amount of variability just drives up cost. The American Expedition Vehicles ZR2 Bison was an eye opener at how even the simplest of AEV's design changes had to integrate with NHTSA requirements and meet GM standards for crash testing, rollover and airbag deployment in not just simulation, but impact testing. OEMs have a tremendous amount of liability they want to eliminate, and more options = more problems to solve = more cost.
A lot of that stuff will likely be covered in the available dealer accessories. If not, aftermarket surely will.
Sponsored