Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Aviator Black Label PHEV

3.0L twin-turbo DOHC 24-valve V-6/400 hp @ 5,500 rpm, 415 lb-ft @ 3,000 rpm
Still nowhere near the Jeep's diesel torque, but then, neither was the 420 from the Coyote.

Does that include the assist from the electric motors?

It looks like that engine is mostly used in Lincolns and higher end Explorers. I'm not sure they'd put it in the Bronco anyway.

A tune will put the 2.7 well above the diesel's torque at a little higher rpm but the diesel will never touch the 2.7's tuned hp even with it's own tune.

If Jeep offered the diesel with a manual I'd probably already have one though.
Jeep engines can be tuned, too. I'm talking about how things are (or will be) configured from the factory.
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Still nowhere near the Jeep's diesel torque, but then, neither was the 420 from the Coyote.

Does that include the assist from the electric motors?

It looks like that engine is mostly used in Lincolns and higher end Explorers. I'm not sure they'd put it in the Bronco anyway.
The rumor has it that it will be found in the top trim-Raptor/Warthog or whatever they plan on calling it.

Not sure if will see a lesser model Hybrid Bronco...which would kinda suck, but I doubt Ford will be putting in 4 different engines into it

2.3L Ecoboost
3.3L Hybrid
2.7/3.0L V6 Ecoboost
3.0L V6 Ecoboost PHEV.

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What is the IMG market? The Bronco/Sport and F-150 fall into that.

Edit: It means the Middle East.
IMG = International Markets Group

About Ford International Markets Group

Ford Motor Company’s International Markets Group (IMG) is Ford’s newest and most diverse business unit, spanning 100 emerged and emerging markets. IMG is focused on four key strategic priorities, including driving the continued success of its flagship vehicle, the Ford Ranger pickup truck; implementing and driving a world-class export model as a core part of the business; delivering affordable vehicles through partnerships as a key to future growth; and providing unmatched aftersales support to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The rumor has it that it will be found in the top trim-Raptor/Warthog or whatever they plan on calling it.

Not sure if will see a lesser model Hybrid Bronco...which would kinda suck, but I doubt Ford will be putting in 4 different engines into it

2.3L Ecoboost
3.3L Hybrid
2.7/3.0L V6 Ecoboost
3.0L V6 Ecoboost PHEV.
2.3L Ecoboost base
2.7 ecoboost higher trim
3.0 ecoboost “raptor”

Then 1-2 hybrid drive trains. Anything from a 2.0 turbo hybrid with 310hp to the full blow ~500hp 3.0 hybrid. All for higher trims

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2.3L Ecoboost base
2.7 ecoboost higher trim
3.0 ecoboost “raptor”

Then 1-2 hybrid drive trains. Anything from a 2.0 turbo hybrid with 310hp to the full blow ~500hp 3.0 hybrid. All for higher trims
Hopefully if the 2.7 ecoboost is only available with the higher trim, the manual will also be available as an option, especially since Ford is charging extra for the manual option.

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two issues I have with Jeep right now are the Sky One Touch top only available on high end models and the full time Selec-Trac 4X4 system only available on the Sahara. If I could get those two options on a Willys Unlimited I don't think I'd even be considering a Bronco.

I've gotten around the sky top by adding a Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop to my JKU and that's been super convenient. I have the security of a hard top and option for quick open air driving.

The 4X4 system is another story. I don't know how many times driving in Michigan when road conditions aren't horrible (yet) and I've had my Wrangler in in 2H. As conditions have gotten worse wondered and switched to 4H. This is especially worrisome when some stretches are safe to drive 70mph and some when it's unsafe to drive at 50 in the same trip. From what I understand, it's not good to be driving on dry(ish?) pavement in 4H and I shouldn't be switching between the two when traveling over 45 mph. A full time system would be nice. Sure the Rubicon folks can have their Rock Trac system but the majority of owners could use a full time system most of the time.

texheim

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Stage 2
Your Bronco Model
Base
I tuned my 2.3 lt mustang with the Ford Performance tune and CAI and am seeing major gains in HP and TQ.

A tune will put the 2.7 well above the diesel's torque at a little higher rpm but the diesel will never touch the 2.7's tuned hp even with it's own tune.

Sponsored

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Ford COO might have a point. In terms of overall quality, Ford has been above Jeep in the JD Powers annual vehicle survey for a long time, maybe always? I drove a JKUR for 6 years, had a few problems, mostly the steering. Evidently the JL's still have problems, there's a "steering" post on a JL forum that now has over 400 pages and 6k replies. Also many complaints about "Jeep Cares". The Wrangler steering can be fixed with some high quality aftermarket parts, but why should you have to do that on a new vehicle? I'm also optimistic about the Bronco motors, I think Ford sells a minor tune change for the Ranger that ups the horsepower and retains all the factory warranty. Nothing like that available from either Jeep or Toyota as far as I'm aware. I think the Ford COO is correct that the Bronco will likely take many, many sales away from Jeep. It's not bragging if you can do it.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there any truth to the entire roll bar assembly being removable? The complete “open air” experience? That would be a big differentiator to the JL. We’ve discussed the patent before- way back last year some time. I just can’t recall if that sort of thing could ever pass minimum safety regulations, and therefore plausible on the new Bronco.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there any truth to the entire roll bar assembly being removable? The complete “open air” experience? That would be a big differentiator to the JL. We’ve discussed the patent before- way back last year some time. I just can’t recall if that sort of thing could ever pass minimum safety regulations, and therefore plausible on the new Bronco.
No way they’ll market it as removable for the purpose of open air driving, however it might be replaceable if damaged. I bet it is spot welded/glued in though.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No way they’ll market it as removable for the purpose of open air driving, however it might be replaceable if damaged. I bet it is spot welded/glued in though.
Not welded/glued down in their patent:
Ford Bronco Ford COO Says 2021 Bronco is "a much superior product" than Jeep Wrangler. No Bronco for Europe 1591818417867

FixItQuick

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Lifted F150 SuperCrew K&N intake, Magnaflow Exhaust.; 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee woods beater; 2015 Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Don't forget when talking about the torque numbers that the diesel weighs about 500 more lbs than the ecoboosts. The max towing on the jeeps is 3500lbs. I think we probably get in the area of 6k-6.5k towing in the big bronco.
Sponsored