Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're right. I just found this on the disclosures portion of the Ford Bronco web-page:
Note.
Information is provided on an "as is" basis and could include technical, typographical or other errors. Ford makes no warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to, accuracy, currency, or completeness, the operation of the Site, the information, materials, content, availability, and products. Ford reserves the right to change product specifications, pricing and equipment at any time without incurring obligations. Your Ford dealer is the best source of the most up-to-date information on Ford vehicles.

On a side note, it is very sad when a company essentially says, "Don't count on us to stand by the information that we put online about our products, and at any point in time we feel is necessary, we will legally screw you over."
Speaking as someone with a lot of experience with large organizations... they'd be a fool *not* to acknowledge the potential for something being said in error, or that something might change after everyone gets a chance to weigh in on it.

Also, I think we have different concepts of what "legally screw you over" means.

:)
Sponsored

Reactions: RG7

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I keep trying to tell people not to get too worked up about the info on the website one way or the other. This is all subject to change. We want the Build and Price ASAP but even that is not a guarantee on completeness and accuracy. The only thing that really matters is when you order. This is the same for any vehicle launch - not unique to the Bronco.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, I would expect to see the base 4dr price come down to reflect the cost of the manual instead of auto. Every other model (except FE) is a step up of $2495 between 2dr and 4dr, which should make the 4dr base priced at $30,995.
As fair as lowering the price is, I don't think the 4-DR BASE was ever going to be offered with automatic standard. Every other piece of information from Ford shared that it would be manual. It was only the two online splash pages (that I visited every other day haha) that showed the incorrect information. They haven't changed their mind on pricing.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Speaking as someone with a lot of experience with large organizations... they'd be a fool *not* to acknowledge the potential for something being said in error, or that something might change after everyone gets a chance to weigh in on it.

Also, I think we have different concepts of what "legally screw you over" means.

:)
What I value is honesty and integrity in a business, big or small. If you screw up by misspeaking, or giving incorrect information, incorrect prices, etc., own up to it and honor the information that you have put out for everyone to see and count on. There shouldn't be a need for disclaimers and disclosures if you run a business built on honesty and integrity, because you would make things right with your customers one way or another. But then again, I'm just a small town country boy who values respect and honesty above all else. Just my $0.2.

Sponsored

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Bronco XLT 5.0 "Mando"
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As fair as lowering the price is, I don't think the 4-DR BASE was ever going to be offered with automatic standard. Every other piece of information from Ford shared that it would be manual. It was only the two online splash pages (that I visited every other day haha) that showed the incorrect information. They haven't changed their mind on pricing.
Then what's the reason for the huge price jump between 2dr & 4dr? Is it just an artificially lowered price on the 2dr to get people in the door, then upsell them to a different model?

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You're right. I just found this on the disclosures portion of the Ford Bronco web-page:
Note.
Information is provided on an "as is" basis and could include technical, typographical or other errors. Ford makes no warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to, accuracy, currency, or completeness, the operation of the Site, the information, materials, content, availability, and products. Ford reserves the right to change product specifications, pricing and equipment at any time without incurring obligations. Your Ford dealer is the best source of the most up-to-date information on Ford vehicles.

On a side note, it is very sad when a company essentially says, "Don't count on us to stand by the information that we put online about our products, and at any point in time we feel is necessary, we will legally screw you over."
It is a pretty standard clause and the same or similar is used in many industries.
Before we go crucifying Ford for using that clause let pause for a moment and realize that someone just asked if there was away to hold Ford to a cut sheet for a vehicle that hasn’t even been released yet.
This is why there are always clause, disclaimers, etc.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, I would expect to see the base 4dr price come down to reflect the cost of the manual instead of auto. Every other model (except FE) is a step up of $2495 between 2dr and 4dr, which should make the 4dr base priced at $30,995.
Yep, money grab. If the price doesn’t change to reflect the Equipment change, I’m definitely out on the bronco. IMO, not worth the money for the cool factor, bc they definitely aren’t including jack spit in other features to justify the pricing. I know wranglers are overpriced and bronco will match them, but too many alternatives for that kind of money.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Then what's the reason for the huge price jump between 2dr & 4dr? Is it just an artificially lowered price on the 2dr to get people in the door, then upsell them to a different model?
I have no idea. I'm in the same boat.

BASE (4dr & auto): $36,295

BIG BEND (4dr & auto): $38,975

I suspect they are trying to get people to move up a trim so they can consider the Mid-Package by keeping the difference under $2700.

Sponsored

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
Damn Ford for making us pay extra to get convenience and cashing in on societies lack of knowledge in rowing gears.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep, money grab. If the price doesn’t change to reflect the Equipment change, I’m definitely out on the bronco. IMO, not worth the money for the cool factor, bc they definitely aren’t including jack spit in other features to justify the pricing. I know wranglers are overpriced and bronco will match them, but too many alternatives for that kind of money.
You are right on 'too many alternatives' before my eye caught Bronco, I was looking a 4Runner SR5 although its a bit expensive than Bronco but now that Extra 1600 bump in the price getting me to think again.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
My question is if we upgrade to 2.7, does that theoretical $1700 price I see floating around include auto or is auto an addition to that?

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My question is if we upgrade to 2.7, does that theoretical $1700 price I see floating around include auto or is auto an addition to that?
To go from a 2.3L I4 w/manual transmission to the 2.7L V6 /auto transmission is $3500 as far as the survey pricing is concerned.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just did a B&P on base Jeep 4 door with hard top and auto:

Price: 31,800
AT: 2,750
Hard Top: 1,300
Delivery: 1,500
-----------------
To be fair you should add the diesel just to get to similar power and torque specs.
Sponsored