Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To be fair you should add the diesel just to get to similar power and torque specs.
If you add Diesel Option the Price is crossing $40K. BUt if you want a Bronco and that Torque #s then option 2.7L V6 you would hit the 400 mark Torque.
Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just Built the Base 4Runner - Compared to Bronco Base same pricing. Except that the Roof and Doors are Not Removable. I hope Tomorrow Ford would not say, you cannot remove the Doors and Roof on the Base Bronco :LOL: then Everyone is really Fluffed.
Ford Bronco Ford Corrects Website – BASE 4 Door Bronco Does NOT Come Standard With Automatic Transmission 1600277608720

OP
OP
BuddysB6g

BuddysB6g

Big Bend
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Damn Ford for making us pay extra to get convenience and cashing in on societies lack of knowledge in rowing gears.
Again, to all you peeps that keep tooting the "I can drive a manual" horn prolly never drove one ... I don't need to justify with a pissing contest.. YOU HAVE. TO. GET. THE. AUTO. FOR. THE. 2.7L!!! Make sense? Unless you heard that Ford is offering the 2.7L in manual??

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not cool.
I mean, I like having options, but it definitely means more cost now for base buyers
Automatic is still cheaper than Sask Pkg. Now its extra add the $1600 for AT to Base Price.
Its a Disappointment. Ford is playing with the people who want Base :LOL: There is No Guarantee that Ford would come back and say Wheels are Optional too?
I was only going for 4dr base cause it was cheapest way to 2.7L. Not sure what I'll do now. Prefer not to have 2.3L with a 5k lbs bronco.
I'd be really upset if I were getting a four door base -- I thought automatic transmission was included.
Now, apparently the rock i've been living under my entire life has generated the confusion that i'm having now. But by my understanding, and the history of automobile sales dating back to post WWII, when you buy a "base" model, that is a model which:

• Is the basic, lowest cost of entry vehicle
  • Excludes all options which have additional costs
  • Allows you to upgrade the vehicle with convenience, appearance or mechanically upgraded options of your choosing, but you will have additional costs for them
The responses i'm seeing in this thread have led me to believe that modern interpretation of a "base" vehicle is one which has thousands of dollars worth of unnecessary convenience and mechanically upgraded additional items which should be included at no cost.

What has proven difficult for me is trying to identify with the impossible standards and dogmatic feelings of victimization surrounding well-optioned "base" models not being offered at the actual base model, zero options cost advertised.

Q&A:
Q:
Is the 2.7 liter engine an up-charge item for Bronco?
A: Yes it is. This is not the "base" engine

Q: Is the automatic transmission an up-charge item for Bronco?
A: Yes it is, This is consistent with automobile sales dating back to the conclusion of WWII when Ford offered the Hydramatic 3-speed automatic as an up-charge item over the 3-on-the-tree manuals. (excluding post-war vehicles which were in production pre-war)

Q: Do I have the option of buying an actual "BASE" Bronco with zero options and no up-charge items?
A: Absolutely! That has always been available to you and Ford has in no way, shape or form prevented you from access to a $28,500 Base bronco with no options.

Q: I want a Base model for $28,500 with thousands of dollars worth of up-charge items for free, why isn't that available to me?
A: Because up-charge items have an up-charge associated to them. If your budget or proclivity allow, you may equip your vehicle with up-charge items for their up-charge price. Alternatively, you could try to negotiate with the dealership that all up-charge items should be included for your vehicle.

Sponsored

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
Again, to all you peeps that keep tooting the "I can drive a manual" horn prolly never drove one ... I don't need to justify with a pissing contest.. YOU HAVE. TO. GET. THE. AUTO. FOR. THE. 2.7L!!! Make sense? Unless you heard that Ford is offering the 2.7L in manual??
Whoa cool it down skippy. I wasn't being sarcastic, I was saying damn ford for taking advantage of those that want the auto.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Now, apparently the rock i've been living under my entire life has generated the confusion that i'm having now. But by my understanding, and the history of automobile sales dating back to post WWII, when you buy a "base" model, that is a model which:

• Is the basic, lowest cost of entry vehicle
  • Excludes all options which have additional costs
  • Allows you to upgrade the vehicle with convenience, appearance or mechanically upgraded options of your choosing, but you will have additional costs for them
The responses i'm seeing in this thread have led me to believe that modern interpretation of a "base" vehicle is one which has thousands of dollars worth of unnecessary convenience and mechanically upgraded additional items which should be included at no cost.

What has proven difficult for me is trying to identify with the impossible standards and dogmatic feelings of victimization surrounding well-optioned "base" models not being offered at the actual base model, zero options cost advertised.

Q&A:
Q:
Is the 2.7 liter engine an up-charge item for Bronco?
A: Yes it is. This is not the "base" engine

Q: Is the automatic transmission an up-charge item for Bronco?
A: Yes it is, This is consistent with automobile sales dating back to the conclusion of WWII when Ford offered the Hydramatic 3-speed automatic as an up-charge item over the 3-on-the-tree manuals. (excluding post-war vehicles which were in production pre-war)

Q: Do I have the option of buying an actual "BASE" Bronco with zero options and no up-charge items?
A: Absolutely! That has always been available to you and Ford has in no way, shape or form prevented you from access to a $28,500 Base bronco with no options.

Q: I want a Base model for $28,500 with thousands of dollars worth of up-charge items for free, why isn't that available to me?
A: Because up-charge items have an up-charge associated to them. If your budget or proclivity allow, you may equip your vehicle with up-charge items for their up-charge price. Alternatively, you could try to negotiate with the dealership that all up-charge items should be included for your vehicle.
[/QUOTE ]
I don’t think ppl just want s$:& for free but if all 2dr vs 4dr variants had a price different of about $2500, what justifies the base’s difference of $4700? It used to be auto trans, which even then didn’t account for the difference, assuming $1600 price tag. Pretty big discount for the “loss leader” justification

$40k OTD for a 4cyl, manual, soft top, 30 inch tires, open diffs

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don’t think ppl just want s$:& for free but if all 2dr vs 4dr variants had a price different of about $2500, what justifies the base’s difference of $4700? It used to be auto trans, which even then didn’t account for the difference, assuming $1600 price tag. Pretty big discount for the “loss leader” justification

$40k OTD for a 4cyl, manual, soft top, 30 inch wheels, open diffs
** pulled your comment out of the quote**

4 door isn't base either. So the whole argument falls apart when shifting back to "why is this other non-base option costing me additional money?" as the foundation for why non-base options cost more.

Wild guess here, but developing multiple variants required the development costs to be allocated across both models. With a single new vehicle frame costing over $1B to develop, there are plenty of expenses Ford has already paid out just to get to this point.

Guess they could pull one vehicle sale out at random and assess them a $1B development fee. But the banks would have a hard time approving that personal loan.

OP
OP
BuddysB6g

BuddysB6g

Big Bend
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Whoa cool it down skippy. I wasn't being sarcastic, I was saying damn ford for taking advantage of those that want the auto.
Copy, sorry 'bout that.. cooling down now :)

@Rick Astley - I appreciate the Q&A.
" Now, apparently the rock i've been living under my entire life has generated the confusion that i'm having now is"- FORD posted the specs on their site. Apparently Ford makes mistakes on the most important launch since GT40 (IMO) on their site, then someone randomly finds it, makes a few tweets... to the shock of FORD, they admit they made a mistake on their site.. and corrects the mistake quietly on their site. :confused:

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm planning on getting a two door base. Always have. I realize I have to pay extra for automatic transmission and the 2.7L engine. It appeared that the four door base came with automatic transmission. I really didn't look into the four door that much; the two door is what I want. I'm sure there are some folks who presumed the four door base had automatic transmission and are pissed that automatic is an option. We'll all know more once B&P is available. Peace.

Sponsored

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Bronco XLT 5.0 "Mando"
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am planning on 2dr base as well, but I may need a four door for the extra space. No way though am I going to pay $4700 more (current price difference) to go from 2dr to 4dr. The $2495 difference like every other model would keep it in consideration.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sorry for those that feel slighted by this move. If Ford made a mistake, it appears it was corrected within a week. I feel that's pretty quick for a company of its size.

As others have stated, B&P and the final order is where the rubber meets the road, so to speak.All we have now is what Ford "projects" the Bronco to be as far as options and pricing, all subject to change, and all we can do is roll with it, or away from it. That's my two pennies.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

** pulled your comment out of the quote**

4 door isn't base either. So the whole argument falls apart when shifting back to "why is this other non-base option costing me additional money?" as the foundation for why non-base options cost more.

Wild guess here, but developing multiple variants required the development costs to be allocated across both models. With a single new vehicle frame costing over $1B to develop, there are plenty of expenses Ford has already paid out just to get to this point.

Guess they could pull one vehicle sale out at random and assess them a $1B development fee. But the banks would have a hard time approving that personal loan.
I'm playing devil's advocate since I'm not even getting a Base model. I will be going with either Big Bend or Black Diamond. With that being said, my issue that I have isn't with the price or being upcharged for upgrades or options. The issue I have is that for literally weeks, the Ford Bronco Base website listed the 10 speed automatic transmission as the "Standard" option on the Base 4-Door model (not an upgrade). I completely understand why people are pissed about that changing. Then people come on here and defend Ford saying their "disclosure" that I posted a while ago is okay because "everyone does it". Just because shady, disingenuous, and dishonest business practices is the "usual" in the industry doesn't make it right. Like I said previously, a well-run, honest business doesn't need disclosures as an escape for their mistakes as they will own up to their mistakes and make it right with their customers, if keeping a loyal customer base is important to them. When oopsies cost a business money, I guess they should learn to properly vet the information that is getting put out to the public with better QA teams. My work gets internally audited at least three times before it is finalized. Maybe Ford should adopt the same policy instead of making the customers pay for its mistakes.
Sponsored