Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would get the base or big bend if I could get the sway bar disconnect. I’m forced to start at $46k (4 door).
Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Only Gripe is why put 2 different things in the same Website by Ford, if Only " the Base 2 and 4 Door always had the Manual transmission as Standard from Day 1" then people would not have been pissed at this new change. They would just take it as received. Like a God Given Gift.
Also reading the Base threads, it's easy to see how the Base pricing variance from 2dr to 4dr compared to all other models led many down the path of a standard 10sp on the 4dr. Forget E&O, there is not much text here to proof read. The line stating 4dr Auto is written with clear pupose. Sloppy on Ford's part.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It appears that you have a much friendlier relationship with punctuation than I do... :D

Sponsored

BernR6

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-5, 2018 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wow. I liked the looks of both the 2 and 4 door Broncos since they were introduced. However, as a parent of a 6 year old, I liked the practicality of the 4 door. There's always a bunch of stuff to carry on trips and the wife is talking about getting a dog. The deal breaker for me was that the Base 4 door was $4700 more and didn't come in stick. I think if Ford doesn't charge that upcharge for the auto, if opting for manual, I can probably justify a 4 door Base. I was gonna make do with a 2 door to get the Bronco experience while keeping costs down.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Admin addendum: Ford has corrected its website to reflect that the Base 4-Door Bronco does not come standard with automatic transmission.

So, did anyone else catch this? On Base 4 DR specs it used to just say 10-speed Automatic, not anymore.. it has both. The cherry on top of getting the 4 dr base was you only had to spend 1600 for 2.6L cause it already came with Auto... now?

NEW SPECS on Base Details:

Transmission10-Speed Automatic/7-Speed Manual Transmission10-Speed Automatic/7-Speed Manual Transmission

My reservation details :
Bronco, BASE, 10-Speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmissioin, undefined, 4x4 with Part Time Selectable Engagement
^ˆ˜`~*†‡
$34,695
A few members are gonna be getting an “I told you so” now.... You can NOT blindly trust the info on the site. That was the only model that listed as such. Muts and ruts people, muts and ruts.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So what makes this a “fix”? They differentiated the standard equipment calling out explicitly that 2dr gets manual, 4dr gets auto. After a few months, they just decided to “fix” it bc that’s not what they meant? okay sure

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
now we just need Mansquatch

A 4 door Base Mansquatch from Granger for $38,400. Amazing deal.

Sponsored

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm playing devil's advocate since I'm not even getting a Base model. I will be going with either Big Bend or Black Diamond. With that being said, my issue that I have isn't with the price or being upcharged for upgrades or options. The issue I have is that for literally weeks, the Ford Bronco Base website listed the 10 speed automatic transmission as the "Standard" option on the Base 4-Door model (not an upgrade). I completely understand why people are pissed about that changing. Then people come on here and defend Ford saying their "disclosure" that I posted a while ago is okay because "everyone does it". Just because shady, disingenuous, and dishonest business practices is the "usual" in the industry doesn't make it right. Like I said previously, a well-run, honest business doesn't need disclosures as an escape for their mistakes as they will own up to their mistakes and make it right with their customers, if keeping a loyal customer base is important to them. When oopsies cost a business money, I guess they should learn to properly vet the information that is getting put out to the public with better QA teams. My work gets internally audited at least three times before it is finalized. Maybe Ford should adopt the same policy instead of making the customers pay for its mistakes.
Ford never said the website was final, for all we know SAS will come with manual and they may release 5000 more first additions. Who knows. The time ink hits the paper is the time, you think variances on the website are a pain. Wait til the dealers get into the game and start marking up everything.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m appalled (/s). I’m going back to the Black Diamond logo ??‍♂
Sponsored