Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I definitely understand this argument, but it's like many have said, the "base base" (2-door zero options) is likely a loss leader. It it at best has a marginal profit, and only exists so ford can hit a price point. It's simple psychology, "get a bronco for less than $30k" and by the time everyone starts shopping and choosing their options, they're up to $50k-$60k. It will definitely disappoint a lot of people, but not as many as it draws into dealerships
But there aren't any options coming with Baa, except for Sask. Pakg. I don't see the Price hitting $50-$60k as you are saying.

Wrangler Sport (Base) gets the option for 3-Piece Modular Hard Top-$1,395. Bronco gets this Modular Option from Big Bend ($1,900) and Only One Piece Hard Top ($700) for Base and still the Price is same for both.

Its already dissapointing even before the B&P is revealed.

03bulldog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL, mustang gt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends on what you need, a 30k Bronco for me with some 33s for around $1200 on the 16” steelies, maybe the tow package and modular bumper $1500 ish...I have every thing I need and want for under 35k...I was all in on the Sasquatch but don’t want to be at 40k...the base Bronco has so many more standard features for the same price or less then the wrangler sport that it will be a great deal for some ??
Yep. And it's a great deal for people looking for the options you are. The fact of the matter is that most people (>50%) are going to look for more (right or wrong). Some people will get to take advantage of the 2 door base opportunity. Others will option up and spend significantly more.

ByeChevy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy/GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Admin addendum: Ford has corrected its website to reflect that the Base 4-Door Bronco does not come standard with automatic transmission.

So, did anyone else catch this? On Base 4 DR specs it used to just say 10-speed Automatic, not anymore.. it has both. The cherry on top of getting the 4 dr base was you only had to spend 1600 for 2.6L cause it already came with Auto... now?

NEW SPECS on Base Details:

Transmission10-Speed Automatic/7-Speed Manual Transmission10-Speed Automatic/7-Speed Manual Transmission

My reservation details :
Bronco, BASE, 10-Speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmissioin, undefined, 4x4 with Part Time Selectable Engagement
^ˆ˜`~*†‡
$34,695
Admin addendum: Ford has corrected its website to reflect that the Base 4-Door Bronco does not come standard with automatic transmission.

So, did anyone else catch this? On Base 4 DR specs it used to just say 10-speed Automatic, not anymore.. it has both. The cherry on top of getting the 4 dr base was you only had to spend 1600 for 2.6L cause it already came with Auto... now?

NEW SPECS on Base Details:

Transmission10-Speed Automatic/7-Speed Manual Transmission10-Speed Automatic/7-Speed Manual Transmission

My reservation details :
Bronco, BASE, 10-Speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmissioin, undefined, 4x4 with Part Time Selectable Engagement
^ˆ˜`~*†‡
$34,695
The website also says the Base comes with the 8 inch Touchscreen standard but Big Bend and Black Diamond do not...does this seem like an error also?

03bulldog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL, mustang gt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But there aren't any options coming with Baa, except for Sask. Pakg. I don't see the Price hitting $50-$60k as you are saying.

Wrangler Sport (Base) gets the option for 3-Piece Modular Hard Top-$1,395. Bronco gets this Modular Option from Big Bend ($1,900) and Only One Piece Hard Top ($700) for Base and still the Price is same for both.

Right. The "options" I'm talking about aren't just the individual add-ons available on the base trim, but also the trim upgrades. It's not ideal from a consumer perspective, but it's how Ford will get a reasonable ROI on a new vehicle.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m having a hard time understanding what you’re saying, but the MIC hard top that comes standard on the two door is 3 pieces, not 1.

Reactions: RG7

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You're welcome. I brought this up with Estevan and Tim from Ford at the SuperCel on Thursday. They were shocked to see that the Ford website showed that the base 4dr base didn't come with manual, and they made some calls, confirmed that the website was in error, and assured me that it was going to be updated.

Here's my original post about it from last Thursday:
How does one f up the base price of a vehicle? ?

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m having a hard time understanding what you’re saying, but the MIC hard top that comes standard on the two door is 3 pieces, not 1.
I am talking about Hard Top on 4 Door Base which is NOT Modular (not even as an Option). Had to go up to Big Bend 4 Door to get Modular as an Option.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am talking about Hard Top on 4 Door Base which is NOT Modular (not even as an Option). Had to go up to Big Bend 4 Door to get Modular as an Option.
Well in that case the hard top on the 4 door base, which is not modular, is still 4 pieces, not 1.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm playing devil's advocate since I'm not even getting a Base model. I will be going with either Big Bend or Black Diamond. With that being said, my issue that I have isn't with the price or being upcharged for upgrades or options. The issue I have is that for literally weeks, the Ford Bronco Base website listed the 10 speed automatic transmission as the "Standard" option on the Base 4-Door model (not an upgrade). I completely understand why people are pissed about that changing. Then people come on here and defend Ford saying their "disclosure" that I posted a while ago is okay because "everyone does it". Just because shady, disingenuous, and dishonest business practices is the "usual" in the industry doesn't make it right. Like I said previously, a well-run, honest business doesn't need disclosures as an escape for their mistakes as they will own up to their mistakes and make it right with their customers, if keeping a loyal customer base is important to them. When oopsies cost a business money, I guess they should learn to properly vet the information that is getting put out to the public with better QA teams. My work gets internally audited at least three times before it is finalized. Maybe Ford should adopt the same policy instead of making the customers pay for its mistakes.
I kind of go with what you're saying...but this site is not the official B&P..or brochure..Nothing on this site is probably set in stone...If Ford made the mistake in the B&P...or it was on the paperwork when you went to pick up the vehicle..and the salesman walks up and says hey Tommy we made a mistake on the trans price..you owe us another 1600 hundred bucks..now you are 100% right...Just think how many people would walk in off the street and say.." I was planning on buying the 4 door base with the auto trans included..but sense you made a mistake ..we want the 1600.option for no cost...most if not all businesses have the fine print about mistakes...there may not be fine print here...because this is not official..just my take...

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well in that case the hard top on the 4 door base, which is not modular, is still 4 pieces, not 1.
Then what is the difference between a Modular and Not Modular Hard Top?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Then what is the difference between a Modular and Not Modular Hard Top?
In the 4 door?

Molded in color “MIC” (what you’re calling non modular): 4 pieces. Two over the front seats, one over the rear seats, rear clam shell

Modular (painted): 6 pieces. Two over the front seats, one over the rear seats, rear clam shell, both rear windows.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In the 4 door?

Molded in color “MIC” (what you’re calling non modular): 4 pieces. Two over the front seats, one over the rear seats, rear clam shell

Modular (painted): 6 pieces. Two over the front seats, one over the rear seats, rear clam shell, both rear windows.
tenor (8).gif

Jeraeyguy84

Outer Banks
First Name
Ter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
In the 4 door?

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but can the MIC Top give me this look (picture below)? I just want to make sure the MIC top allows for the ENTIRE top to be removed, including back windows.

F94E9CB5-CD86-4269-95A5-0106057D6D7B.jpeg
Sponsored