Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would definitely pay for this option if it was possible, I assume there's no good place to have a high mounted camera like the vette does with the ability to remove and change tops (the corvette camera for the mirror is different than the backup cam).

OP
OP
Smuck

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would definitely pay for this option if it was possible, I assume there's no good place to have a high mounted camera like the vette does with the ability to remove and change tops (the corvette camera for the mirror is different than the backup cam).
The defender mirror seems pretty solid with the built in screen.

cyberbro

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is pretty cool! Then it doesn’t matter how big the spare is on the back.

Ford Bronco Ford could copy the defender/corvette rear view mirror A4DB8A3C-B0AF-4586-BF43-1A926C4E79AC
With the price of the Lux package they should have stuck it in, for sure in the next year or two it will appear.

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put a rear view mirror camera in my old 1960 Chevy panel truck. The panel truck only has two small windows in the backdoors. The camera mirror really helps. It clamps over the existing mirror. It has both front and rear cameras, GPS MPH, date/time, and rear backup lines if connected.

It is pretty awesome to add technology where it wasn't made for without altering anything. There are other mirror cameras out there now. This is the one I got long before the copycats came out and sell for cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/AUTO-VOX-Mir...prefix=rear+view+mirror+camera,aps,206&sr=1-8

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thats what i did on my cj the 35 destroyed my rear view got one off ebay works great.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Edit - ALL cars may get that mirror.

Its only a matter of time.

Aren’t rear view cameras now a standard thing? How many years did that take since only a few luxury cars had it.

I’m sure many will adopt a camera rear view mirror over the next decade. Possibly side mirrors too depending how far out you’re thinking.

combatninja

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ND Miata, Land Rover Defender 110, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Defender has it and i hate it. I disabled it about a week in and have not turned it back on since. There is some weird thing about the focal length of the screen vs. reality that messes with my eyes and overall decreases safety and awareness for me. Tech is not always the answer. Now I just look at the top of my tire back there, not a big deal.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I could really use this when my car is packed to the roof with tools and material.

I know the Defender uses a roof-mounted camera, part of the radio antennae assembly. Not as easy with a removable roof.

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wonder what that 8 or 12" inch screen will show in reverse??? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Sponsored

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Defender has it and i hate it. I disabled it about a week in and have not turned it back on since. There is some weird thing about the focal length of the screen vs. reality that messes with my eyes and overall decreases safety and awareness for me. Tech is not always the answer. Now I just look at the top of my tire back there, not a big deal.
Ya. Had it on my RAV4 and hated it. Made my eyes cross or something.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is readily available on vehicles from other manufacturers. It seems like a good feature, especially with a full load where your visibility is compromised. I haven’t personally used it, but from what I have seen, it can be turned off and revert back to a normal mirror when you don’t need it.

OP
OP
Smuck

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is readily available on vehicles from other manufacturers. It seems like a good feature, especially with a full load where your visibility is compromised. I haven’t personally used it, but from what I have seen, it can be turned off and revert back to a normal mirror when you don’t need it.
Yes with the tab on the Bottom like traditional mirrors when the truck behind you has their brights on. You flip it and can see again.
Sponsored