First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would think they'd have to show that financing was actually applied for.

If my dealer tries a $30K markup and I say "F off" he better not run my damn credit.
Ford knows who the reservation holder is and has their contact information. It wouldn't be too unreal of a stretch to see Ford calling or reaching out to confirm why one was not picked up by the reservation holder.

I am already waiting for them to try some credit shenanigans. They legally can't run it without my approval (Edmunds Article), and if they do, I know who to call. I follow the advice in the article to NOT allow them to run it early. I wait until everything is locked in so I know the amount to be financed before any credit is run. And certain credit monitoring apps? Yeah, they have notifications so you get an alert when it gets run. It helps to ensure they don't run it early and w/o permission.
Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Eh, just a massed produced car.

If this kills the dealer model so be it, if it doesn’t then it doesn’t. I don’t need this particular car, I just want it.

There will be plenty at or below MSRP in the coming years.

Hillyard

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 4x4, SVTF, Mazda3, Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Eh, just a massed produced car.

If this kills the dealer model so be it, if it doesn’t then it doesn’t. I don’t need this particular car, I just want it.

There will be plenty at or below MSRP in the coming years.
I agree, this is the first year and once they get the bugs worked out with the supply chains, Ford will be pumping these things out like hot cakes.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is one other thing to consider.....Ford has publicly said they are looking at a order to delivery model, essentially a more refined version of Bronco 1.0, that actually works as advertised. The current policy also helps them to find issues with customer placing the order and all dealer does is maybe handle financing and delivery. The big issue that will hinder their ability to do this is exactly what is happening with dealers ADMing customers when vehicles are delivered.

Once they figure out the software integration with WBDO/VV the updates will (hopefully) work as advertised. IMO, they brought this out way too prematurely and major contributing factor to the communication mess. All of this is just a test and refinement process for future ordering models.

If you order a Bronco or F150 and a dealer holds it hostage for more $$ after it arrives, Ford's plan isn't going to work. Instead of hammering the dealer body they can, and need to, focus on those who are the problem.

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reservations, timestamps, allocations, selling at MSRP or below, punishments/consequences for bad behavior- all this stuff is so 2020.
Sponsored