Ford cracking down on dealer markups over MSRP?

bagsBronco22

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

I reserved my OBX on 10/15/21 and just noticed a $5K ADM on it last week. I contacted the dealer and they said there was nothing they could do and that most Bronco's are being sold at $10K over MSRP.

I think this is BS because when I ordered I was told to build my Bronco at ford.com and send him the URL and he will order it. There was no $5K ADM in the URL I sent him.
I went thru a dealer that my brother-in-law had used for his last 4 vehicles. They told me to complete the build online & bring in the details. He entered the order right there and i signed an order with only a 1K increase over the amount generated by the website. My order is now built and awaiting shipment. The revised window sticker price is $350 over the amount on the order. We will see how this all shakes out when it finally arrives and i go to do pick-up, but i expect the dealer to honor the agreement and not charge me more then the final window sticker

Advertisement

OP
OP
ElJeffe

ElJeffe

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Bronco
Badlands
I'm surprised more manufacturers aren't doing that. I wonder if it's related to the service/maintenance side of the business.
It's related to they fact that they have multi-year, binding agreements with dealerships that limit what Ford can do in terms of selling direct to consumers.

I believe this is a major motivator for the "Ford Blue" versus "Ford Model E" entities going forward. Indicators suggest that Ford Model E will treat itself as a new company, with a more modern sales- and service-approach. This will hopefully include direct sales to customers, and simpler service centers that are appropriate for electric vehicles.

Of course that means we'd have to wait for an EV Bronco to take advance of that. In the meantime, it'll be the old dealership/ADM fiasco under Ford Blue.