Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

agree and disagree with this.

Punishing the dealerships on allocation, hurts the customers more. Some have been waiting years for this average vehicle, which would push everyone back a minimum another month.

Here's a fix, make vehicles and go back to the time stamp. Who ever ordered first, get one first.

Screw your local Ford dealership. Go to the Ford dealership that earned your purchased. If the dealership is 1 mile away or 2000 miles away, it shouldn't matter.

Time stamp, I ordered first, they should get them first.
Obviously can't happen 100%, but no reason people shoould skip others for the same configuration.

Bottom line is money. Allocation only helps the bigger dealerships sell more vehicles.

Customers orders need to match the name.
Ya okay.

Does Ford really think people aren't going to shop around for other vehicles.

Do you think customers really care about canceling orders that cost zero to $100 down.

How many customers have already purchased something else, it's been about 2 years and counting for some orders.

Ford needs to get a clue on what customer support really is.

How the impact of these rules will hurt the customers.

Now that Raptor orders are getting scheduled shortly for people to just resell them and make huge profits, while others are still waiting for first days and months reservations.

Make them sign a contract like the Ford GT were they can't sell them for two years.

Rant over,
Wanting to deal with Ford again, I don't know.
Wanting to own a newer Bronco, not sure yet.

Glad I sold the shit box 2021, absolutely.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The loss of allocation punishes them by not allowing them to take future orders for the penalty time period. It does not, to my knowledge, punish the people with orders already in. The EFC they put out, which I'm not going to post, does not answer a bunch of "what if's". The dead customer thing is now in there but wasn't before. The dealer still has the ability to appeal a name match violation and someone at Ford still get's to make the call if the violation stands or the appeal is approved. I can tell you it was damn near an act of congress to get my order appeal approved since it was ordered in my name and the dealership actually purchased it.

I was hoping to see they (Ford) were going to be contacting the customers to make sure it was a legit abandoned order. The other thing they can do is screen the STARS (training system employees are registered in and given an ID number) system to see how many orders employees at dealers "ordered" broncos. Ford knows who's doing the dirty. Several dealers have salespeople along with other employees in broncos I'll almost guarantee are in lease programs and have been pulled early to flip. Is this technically a violation? No, but it's still gaming the system and regional managers should have the stones to go visit and tell them to knock it off instead of pussy foot around and put the screws to everyone.

If the abandons are legit, fine. No one should get hammered for a legit reason (ADM isn't one). The guys knowingly playing games with the system are part of the reason true retail orders are still backlogged. Not the only or biggest reason, but part of the problem none the less. This isn't just a problem with bronco, it's everything.

jleafgre

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
None of it means anything if they can’t deliver the vehicles. Fix the real problem. And order only model benefits the brand, not the consumer. If they have a car on the lot, I can usually find close to what I want and get it discounted, you will forever be paying MSRP or better on the personal order system.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can usually find close to what I want and get it discounted, you will forever be paying MSRP or better on the personal order system.
Other than my wife's F-150 (Velocity Blue, STX) I can't really think of a time I bought a car off of a lot that was what I wanted. The STX is about the only configuration outside of the FX4 with a console, and you need the console for rear air. And yeah, we got about $7k off MSRP, but it was a 2020 that we bought in April of 21. Ford put out that incentive that very morning. Three days later and she would have been stuck with white or silver.

1 - My last Mustang had leather interior. Leather sucks balls when it's 116 in the shade.
2 - Previous Mustang had about everything I wanted, though I'd have preferred blue over Candy Apple Red
3 - Mustang before that had black leather, that was even worse than the gray leather.
4 - My Ranger was white (blech) but the only choices were white or black. I also got stuck with the four banger because they didn't have any V-6 with a stick in the entire state.
5 - The Contour was a goofy purple color, but it was the only one in the entire state of Arizona with a stick shift. Also no cruise control, WTF Ford?

Wife's previous car (Expedition) was White (blech) but at least it had nice cloth interior.

I ordered a 2-Door Base, with a stick shift. Odds of finding that on a dealer lot? Damn low. Am I getting exactly what I want? No, because I wanted Rapid Red and I still want a naturally aspirated V-8, but it mostly does not include a bunch of garbage I don't want like expensive electronics.

The only reason I even ordered the Bronco was I can get a stick. Otherwise I probably would have ordered a bright orange Mustang GT, and I'd have ordered that, because most of the ones here on lots are missing the all important third pedal, or are Black for some inconceivable reason.
Sponsored