Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wasn't Ford already trying to address this with the conditional MY22-MY22.5 price protection? I was told that price protection was contingent on the customer's name on the sale matching the order, and 30-45 days after the sale, the dealer gets credited that amount and they are supposed to pass it on to the customer. My dealer straight up honored the original MSRP buyer's order ($1500 MY22-MY22.5 price increase over or original agreed upon MSRP) - but they know they'll get the money from Ford because we ordered it and we bought it.

Have I got it wrong?
That didn't change the allocation piece of the puzzle. This change moving to 75% of the names matching with no cutoff date will encourage dealers to solidify legitimate retail orders and cancel out orders that won't be delivered to the end user, which will in turn cut out 10-20% of fluff orders that ultimately end up on dealers lots sold out of stock.
Sponsored

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not have, nor have I purchased a Bronco yet. Iā€™ve been looking and talking to dealerships and reading this forum pretty regularly. Iā€™ve been so turned off by this vehicle I fell in love with after my test drive just due to all the scandalous things Iā€™ve been reading. I still plan on ordering when the books open up because I just canā€™t justify any markups, but hopefully this forces some changeā€¦

Ford Order Name-Match Policy Changes
Next month (June), Ford will increase its name-match threshold to 75%, up from the current requirement of 70%. As a result, dealers will need to ensure that more verified orders are delivered to the customers they were ordered for. With the changes, dealers will have a lot less leeway in case the names don't match up on a car.​
In addition, a provision allowing 120 days from the "order receipt date" and "dealer delivery date" will be totally eliminated, forcing every violation to count against dealers. An appeals process for dealers will also take into account the sale date as opposed to the order date, affecting 2022 Fords sold on or after June 1st.​
Ford's changes are likely meant to reflect the reality that more customers are placing orders rather than buying a car or truck off the lot. Given that demand has far outstripped supply, stricter name-match rules could be a good thing for consumers. Last month, the company even stopped taking 2022 F-150 Lightning orders.​
If dealers violate the policy, they risk severe penalties. The biggest change is a 1-month "total allocation forfeiture." There doesn't appear to be much room for error, with a dealer's 3rd violation resulting in "expulsion" from the company's Name Match and Integrity Policy as well as other imposed limitations.​
80% Ford Name-Match Policy Coming
Whether or not Ford will really become an "order-only" car brand remains an open question. However, Ford's dealer announcement also gives us a peek at its future intent, stating that it has a "plan to increase to 80% after the launch of 23MY vehicles." This would mark a major move in the direction of an order-focused brand.​
As we reported recently, Ford is planning to significantly reduce the complexity of stocked vehicle configurations. This may compel more car buyers to place an order. Once implemented, this could potentially limit the ability of a consumer to buy the car they want from dealer stock, already complicated by a chip shortage.​
I was told by various employees from Ford that they cannot require the dealer to do anything as they just sell the cars to them and have no control over who they sell them too or how much they rip them the Fuck of either. Hmmm.. doesnt make any sense..

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Cool deal on @Ford Motor Company wanting to match names. It still does nothing about the larger problem of surprise ADM on delivery that is really damaging their name/brand. Progress is progress I guess though.
Agreed, but the announcement states ā€œtotal allocation forfeitureā€. Does that mean they lose every vehicle, not just Bronco?

If so, thatā€™s huge.

Ford is working on pricing changes. They are trying to become different divisions. Ford Blue and Ford Model E. I read that new dealer agreements will be made and price restrictions can be applied there. Each dealer has to agree to new terms to sell each Ford division, from how I understand it.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool deal on @Ford Motor Company wanting to match names. It still does nothing about the larger problem of surprise ADM on delivery that is really damaging their name/brand. Progress is progress I guess though.
It does on the backend when order holder says F you and then dealer sells to person with more money than brains or severe case of FOMO.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am under the impression the allocations are "given" each month. So any remaining reservation holders at that dealer would see an additional delay.
2 dealers big and small.
Small dealer like Granger go out of their way to give a great deal to sell more vehicles.
Big dealers sell more than 200 vehicles a month.
Because big dealer sell so much they get their pick of the top hard to find low volume vehicles. This is why they can put so much adm on their vehicles, they have the vehicles that no one else does and that people want.

If a big dealer sells at adm and the original order says no and walks the dealer will lose a future allocation. We do not know when or how or what allocation they will lose. Iā€™m assuming it will be an allocation for a vehicle not yet ordered which was my original statement.
Typically a dealer can only put in an order if they already have an order. If a dealer has no allocation the customer just orders from another dealer not hurting or delaying them at all.
Enough of the adm sells going to other buyers the dealer loses Raptors(both Bronco/150) GT500ā€™s and the like cutting down on their big money makers.
Big dealers have huge allocations.

Small dealers typically donā€™t. Granger tried to create allocation with sheer volume of orders.
Yes when Ford took allocation away from they for treating people right it hurt the customer so I understand your point.

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What Ford says and what Ford does two different things ,The Raptor was post to be offered to early reservation orders but thats not true is it .

Kenny H

Badlands
First Name
KIBUM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, FRS, Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not have, nor have I purchased a Bronco yet. Iā€™ve been looking and talking to dealerships and reading this forum pretty regularly. Iā€™ve been so turned off by this vehicle I fell in love with after my test drive just due to all the scandalous things Iā€™ve been reading. I still plan on ordering when the books open up because I just canā€™t justify any markups, but hopefully this forces some changeā€¦

Next month (June), Ford will increase its name-match threshold to 75%, up from the current requirement of 70%. As a result, dealers will need to ensure that more verified orders are delivered to the customers they were ordered for. With the changes, dealers will have a lot less leeway in case the names don't match up on a car.​
In addition, a provision allowing 120 days from the "order receipt date" and "dealer delivery date" will be totally eliminated, forcing every violation to count against dealers. An appeals process for dealers will also take into account the sale date as opposed to the order date, affecting 2022 Fords sold on or after June 1st.​
Ford's changes are likely meant to reflect the reality that more customers are placing orders rather than buying a car or truck off the lot. Given that demand has far outstripped supply, stricter name-match rules could be a good thing for consumers. Last month, the company even stopped taking 2022 F-150 Lightning orders.​
If dealers violate the policy, they risk severe penalties. The biggest change is a 1-month "total allocation forfeiture." There doesn't appear to be much room for error, with a dealer's 3rd violation resulting in "expulsion" from the company's Name Match and Integrity Policy as well as other imposed limitations.​
Whether or not Ford will really become an "order-only" car brand remains an open question. However, Ford's dealer announcement also gives us a peek at its future intent, stating that it has a "plan to increase to 80% after the launch of 23MY vehicles." This would mark a major move in the direction of an order-focused brand.​
As we reported recently, Ford is planning to significantly reduce the complexity of stocked vehicle configurations. This may compel more car buyers to place an order. Once implemented, this could potentially limit the ability of a consumer to buy the car they want from dealer stock, already complicated by a chip shortage.​
This is good.
I was told some bad dealers sold customer's Bronco to get ADM from another customer. Ford must prevent it.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base

The scandalous things are not unique to the Bronco or Ford, and is also overblown on this forum. I had only a verbal MSRP agreement, and it was honored very smooth transaction. Don't make the mistake of assuming the Ford order sheet showing MSRP is the selling price, its not. The selling price is a separate agreement between you and the dealer. I'm no so sure about an order focused brand if and when normalcy returns. There is something to be said to buying off the lot.

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The biggest change is a 1-month "total allocation forfeiture."
So basically, punish the folks who have been waiting for their orders? LAME!!

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They should have left bronco at 80% like when it started. The dealers learned how to game the system. One told me for Lightning that everyone at their dealership was online when it opened to grab reservation spots.
Nobody needs a dealer to buy a vehicle. I just need them to change the oil and perform warranty work when needed. The current system is like the Railroad still having coal shovelers when they switched to diesel/electric. The dealer model is obsolete.

Sponsored

topher3134

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Wherever the Army takes me, middle east right now
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250 Superduty FX4, 2012 F150 FX4, 2007 Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was just at the local Ford dealer looking at a 2022 F250 Diesel. They wanted 15k ADM. Sales guy walked out to me as I walked up to see the sticker. I saw what it said went to get into my truck he stopped me to ask if I was interested. I told him they can all go fuck themselves as I won't ever buy a vehicle from them and if it keeps up I will steer clear of Fords all together. Dude said no problem they make new buyers everyday. I cant wait till the bubble pops. Its coming. It always does. They will be offering 10k-15k off sticker before too long. I will probably end up with a ram 2500 or 3500 and really the only people to lose are Ford and the share holders...

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We have day one people waiting on Base models. The main constraint is still the MIC top. Ford never invested into enough molds/tooling to meet demand.

I think they simply decided that they didn't want to spend the capital to build more molds in anticipation that in a couple years demand for the MOD top would reduce demand for the cheaper hart top.
For all the years and delays theyā€™ve had, itā€™s a wonder how quality control dropped the ball on tops, valves, tie rods, etc. add this to the unpreparedness for manufacturing and lack of transparency, its definitely stunting the roll out of such an awesome monetary opportunity for them.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was just at the local Ford dealer looking at a 2022 F250 Diesel. They wanted 15k ADM. Sales guy walked out to me as I walked up to see the sticker. I saw what it said went to get into my truck he stopped me to ask if I was interested. I told him they can all go fuck themselves as I won't ever buy a vehicle from them and if it keeps up I will steer clear of Fords all together. Dude said no problem they make new buyers everyday. I cant wait till the bubble pops. Its coming. It always does. They will be offering 10k-15k off sticker before too long. I will probably end up with a ram 2500 or 3500 and really the only people to lose are Ford and the share holders...
That 15k ADM will be in addition to the 10% rates soon, and someone with that amount of cash for a ford will most likely have cash and itā€™ll be a novelty for them

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man, I'd just like a simple non-aggravating way to buy Ford's product in a reasonable timeframe. Without having to even know the inside baseball and all the machinations. Is that too much to ask?

Stuffed

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just came in here to slander ford. Go FUCK yourself FORD!
Sponsored