First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know we all remember the days of endless vehicles to peruse on lots, but that may not be the future.
And every damn one of them was either white or black, maybe silver if you were lucky.

You know how ecstatic my wife was when the dealer actually had a Blue F-150 for a change?

For 60+ years you have been able to order a Ford configured the way you want (within bounds), it's just that most people don't want to wait 2 months to get their car. My Dad ordered his last four Fords built to order.

-- And why exactly can HE get Rapid Red on his Exploder, but we can't on the Bronco? And because it's not Bronco, they were able to build it in 3-4 weeks, and he got it in 7.

The problem isn't ordering, it's the gigantic cluster that has been the entire Bronco Roll-out. Further, allocations are not compatible with a customer order model of business. If you want a customer to order, you need to actually build his order.
Sponsored

Pattytester

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Actually it should. This increases the power of the person who submitted the order. If Ford continues to increase the % required, the dealers can't push as hard for more ADM.

As long as there is a shortage of vehicles compared to demand, the dealers will have leverage. Higher percentage name match will just limit how far they can push things.

At the very least, this might force dealers to be upfront, so there isn't a surprise ADM at delivery.
I’m assuming the dealer won’t get dinged if the customer backs out - so, they still can do the whole ADM trick, get customers to forfeit, and voila: dealer stock.

After 2 years of this BS, I have no confidence in the fomocoshitshow getting anything right.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
imagine that was $500 non-refundable. I think that would help tremendously.
I have absolutely zero issues putting down $500 or $1000 on a vehicle I am going to have built and delivered in 4-8 weeks.

I'd have a pretty big issue on doing so on a vehicle that Ford "may or may not build in the next 2-years"

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The problem isn't ordering, it's the gigantic cluster that has been the entire Bronco Roll-out. Further, allocations are not compatible with a customer order model of business. If you want a customer to order, you need to actually build his order.
The issue with the allocations was demand outstripped production-They had what, 150-200K orders for the Bronco and the plant could only build maybe 3/4 of that with Ranger production figured in there a year?

Allocations have been around for a long time, mostly for SVT products years back because they only made a limited number of them.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The issue with the allocations was demand outstripped production-They had what, 150-200K orders for the Bronco and the plant could only build maybe 3/4 of that with Ranger production figured in there a year?
When they started scheduling, they had about 140k orders on 200k reservations. God knows what it was when they finally shut off reservations, which didn't shut off orders.

Of those orders, about half were reserved in the 1st 72 hours. There is no reason someone who reserved on day one should still be waiting for a VIN, but they are.

There is no good reason that Ford and Webasto still have not fixed the MIC hardtop production after a year. (Fix in this case meaning having enough production tooling to meet demand).

It shouldn't be that hard for Ford to simply say "Dear Customer, you are #116,243 in line, we anticipate building your Bronco in 41 weeks."

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There is no good reason that Ford and Webasto still have not fixed the MIC hardtop production after a year. (Fix in this case meaning having enough production tooling to meet demand).
I can give one good reason-supply chain issues. I remember seeing months ago that Webasto was supposed to tool up another plant for top production, but things have gone radio silent on that end. Plus I wonder what the status of the modular top builder is at this point-is it going into production in the fall?

As for production issues-I have a friend who is still waiting on a Wildtrack day one build. His wifes OBX showed up last month-two different dealerships. I really think its parts/limitations on certain trims that hanging up many day one reservation holders.

Heck my reorder for a some what loaded Big Bend still almost 8 months to process to be built....and that was with me dropping the tow package in December. I got a VIN in January and my first production date the end of that month for end of March but wasn't built till yesterday.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if this explains those few folks who say they never got notice that they'd been selected for a build but all of a sudden their Bronco was on it's way. Maybe it was a matching build somewhere else that got redirected?
Don't know, this was the first time I've heard them mention this. I hope it would be to fill another order that was out there but I feel it's more to fill holes for stock units a dealer is owed. Don't quote me on that but I can't see how a customer retail build get's a VIN, then all of a sudden a car shows up with a different VIN without some sort of communication with the dealers. It may fill an existing order, but what about the allocation the first dealer just lost out on? I'd ask my zone rep but would get a better answer from my cat when he's asleep on my chair.

TD723

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
This likely wouldn’t have been necessary if Ford Motor Co would have stuck with the promise to honor the reservation time stamp. Dealers could have asked for a larger non-refundable deposit before a VIN was issued, I’m guess most would be willing to pay? This may have limited the private flippers and dealer ADM’s. And yes I understand commodity constraints have been a big issue, this is not a perfect world.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
As for production issues-I have a friend who is still waiting on a Wildtrack day one build. His wifes OBX showed up last month-two different dealerships. I really think its parts/limitations on certain trims that hanging up many day one reservation holders.
We have day one people waiting on Base models. The main constraint is still the MIC top. Ford never invested into enough molds/tooling to meet demand.

I think they simply decided that they didn't want to spend the capital to build more molds in anticipation that in a couple years demand for the MOD top would reduce demand for the cheaper hart top.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m assuming the dealer won’t get dinged if the customer backs out - so, they still can do the whole ADM trick, get customers to forfeit, and voila: dealer stock.

After 2 years of this BS, I have no confidence in the fomocoshitshow getting anything right.

The dealer gets dinged regardless of the reason why they back out. That's why the current threshold is 70%. That 30% leeway is to account for people who back out for reasons beyond the dealer's control. Increasing that to 75% just makes it that much tighter on the dealer.

The higher the name match %, the fewer games dealers can play with order holders and the more due diligence needed on the dealer's part to ensure that they are taking orders the customer can actually complete the deal on.

If the dealer could have people back out for certain reasons and not count against their name match %, they would have every single one of their friends and neighbors make dummy orders and tell them to back out for an "ok" reason.

Sponsored

Mike Kleen

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Base MIC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I found a pretty interesting video (relating to Super Duty COVP, but still) where someone is explaining how to manipulate the program (as a dealership) to ensure it’s catching some retail orders and moving them forward to benefit from the extra allocation. It has to do with giving older orders lower priority and letting normal allocation catch them and have newer orders or “hot orders” (make more money, better customer etc) benefit from COVP extra allocation. Maybe this is a piece of the puzzle (along with constraints) that explains production sequencing with respect to order date.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I do not have, nor have I purchased a Bronco yet. I’ve been looking and talking to dealerships and reading this forum pretty regularly. I’ve been so turned off by this vehicle I fell in love with after my test drive just due to all the scandalous things I’ve been reading. I still plan on ordering when the books open up because I just can’t justify any markups, but hopefully this forces some change…

Ford Order Name-Match Policy Changes
Next month (June), Ford will increase its name-match threshold to 75%, up from the current requirement of 70%. As a result, dealers will need to ensure that more verified orders are delivered to the customers they were ordered for. With the changes, dealers will have a lot less leeway in case the names don't match up on a car.​
In addition, a provision allowing 120 days from the "order receipt date" and "dealer delivery date" will be totally eliminated, forcing every violation to count against dealers. An appeals process for dealers will also take into account the sale date as opposed to the order date, affecting 2022 Fords sold on or after June 1st.​
Ford's changes are likely meant to reflect the reality that more customers are placing orders rather than buying a car or truck off the lot. Given that demand has far outstripped supply, stricter name-match rules could be a good thing for consumers. Last month, the company even stopped taking 2022 F-150 Lightning orders.​
If dealers violate the policy, they risk severe penalties. The biggest change is a 1-month "total allocation forfeiture." There doesn't appear to be much room for error, with a dealer's 3rd violation resulting in "expulsion" from the company's Name Match and Integrity Policy as well as other imposed limitations.​
80% Ford Name-Match Policy Coming
Whether or not Ford will really become an "order-only" car brand remains an open question. However, Ford's dealer announcement also gives us a peek at its future intent, stating that it has a "plan to increase to 80% after the launch of 23MY vehicles." This would mark a major move in the direction of an order-focused brand.​
As we reported recently, Ford is planning to significantly reduce the complexity of stocked vehicle configurations. This may compel more car buyers to place an order. Once implemented, this could potentially limit the ability of a consumer to buy the car they want from dealer stock, already complicated by a chip shortage.​
This is a very good thing.

It'll get cars in the hands of legitimate buyers sooner and reward dealers who are treating customers right.

broncobreck

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The key is to find a good dealer. My 2022 was just delivered and my dealer price protected me with the 2021 pricing. I did not even have to ask. I paid sticker, which we agreed to on a handshake that was over a year old. Get it in writing and give the good deals a nod so others know who they are. Don't let the bad dealerships keep you from getting your Bronco. It is awesome!

Shout out to Bob Allen Ford in Overland Park, KS.

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Every time one of these "Ford is cracking down on....." threads come up, I just roll my eyes.

Ford isn't doing shit. They never will. Dealers will keep doing whatever they can for more profit, that's all they care about. Anytime something happens that curtails one particular avenue of profit, they'll just do something else - and then go back to whatever they were doing in the first place once they think nobody is looking.

Ford had the opportunity - they've had MULTIPLE opportunites - to do the right thing, and they keep failing spectacularly.

They should have produced Broncos in the order that they were reserved, and the orders were placed, starting way back in July 2020. But, they built Broncos for dealers to display, and use as demo vehicles, then turn around and mark up to the moon and sell - while reservists and order holders waited, and waited, and are STILL waiting.

They could have - and SHOULD have - punished dealers who gouged customers with ADM by fining those dealers whatever amount they tried to screw over the customer by. They should take Broncos away from shady dealers and get them to the customers who ordered them, at MSRP. They should go down the list of Broncos built but not yet sold, match them up with existing unfilled orders, and deliver them to the customers who have been waiting for so fucking long.

Are they doing any of this? Of course not. They don't fucking care.

110%... They don't care. SO tired of all the crap. Just wish they would wake up

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is a very good thing.

It'll get cars in the hands of legitimate buyers sooner and reward dealers who are treating customers right.
Wasn't Ford already trying to address this with the conditional MY22-MY22.5 price protection? I was told that price protection was contingent on the customer's name on the sale matching the order, and 30-45 days after the sale, the dealer gets credited that amount and they are supposed to pass it on to the customer. My dealer straight up honored the original MSRP buyer's order ($1500 MY22-MY22.5 price increase over or original agreed upon MSRP) - but they know they'll get the money from Ford because we ordered it and we bought it.

Have I got it wrong?
Sponsored