Sponsored

Ford Credit / Financing with Credit Union?

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy,

I’m thinking about applying for Ford Credit to finance my new Bronco. Just seeing if this is worth it or should I just go through the credit union?

It’s hard to tell what their rates are on the Ford website. I’m also looking to sell my Subaru, I’ve heard good things about Carmax and Carvana and they tend to offer more than trade in at local dealer.

Any advice welcome, to save on my payment and interest rate.
Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Zero chance Ford credit will beat a CU. Don’t waste your time.

OP
OP
telenerd

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow 5% is quite high.

Sponsored

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow 5% is quite high.
That’s pretty standard for manufacturer APR unless they’re running a special which typically is 0-1.9%. Considering they usually run APR specials on vehicles they need help moving I wouldn’t count on that happening with the bronco for some time, credit union is definitely the way to go

Deleted member 3063

Even if the rates are identical at the end of the day you're a member of a credit union and a customer of Ford credit. Doing business with your own credit union helps all members, including yourself by keeping loan rates lower and savings interest higher.

Not all credit unions are created equal and it's on you to know the differences.

I've been a member for 30 yrs and can't imagine going back to a bank with all their random BS. Heck my CU even helped me resolve a dispute with the IRS without charge.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even if the rates are identical at the end of the day you're a member of a credit union and a customer of Ford credit. Doing business with your own credit union helps all members, including yourself by keeping loan rates lower and savings interest higher.

Not all credit unions are created equal and it's on you to know the differences.

I've been a member for 30 yrs and can't imagine going back to a bank with all their random BS. Heck my CU even helped me resolve a dispute with the IRS without charge.
Good point, I switched to a credit union from a megabank 5 years ago and they’ve been great

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Howdy,

I’m thinking about applying for Ford Credit to finance my new Bronco. Just seeing if this is worth it or should I just go through the credit union?

It’s hard to tell what their rates are on the Ford website. I’m also looking to sell my Subaru, I’ve heard good things about Carmax and Carvana and they tend to offer more than trade in at local dealer.

Any advice welcome, to save on my payment and interest rate.
1.49% at my Credit Union, join a good one now.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Carvana gave me almost $3000 more than the dealership offered when I sold my F150.

Sponsored

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I contacted a local CU then my bank and my bank beat the CU before applying discounts for having accounts with them. The kicker for me is when to actually apply for the loan as the approval is usually good for just 30 days and with the volatile nature of scheduling you could get approved but then your build date could move out of the range the loan is approved for.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Dealer's motivation - get you to accept the highest rate they can because they get a kick-back
Credit Union's motivation - offer the lowest rate you can qualify for to compete against the dealer

you decide

BE5OME1

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 SXT 4x4, 1967 Mustang, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

GCECU = 2.99% at 60mos
Ford = 2.79% at 60mos

Always play them against each other, I have even gotten Ford to throw in a 100k warranty if I went with them, they matched CU in that case.

On my recent (Dec 2020) F150 purchase.

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Regarding the trade-in, I’m looking to offload a 2016 BMW 428 Convertible and Carvana’s offer as I write this is $28,457 and Chapman’s ballpark trade-in offer subject to seeing the car (if I traded it in today) would be about $28,000, and there’s a big tax benefit with a trade-in. Just wanted to share what I was seeing.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Regarding the trade-in, I’m looking to offload a 2016 BMW 428 Convertible and Carvana’s offer as I write this is $28,457 and Chapman’s ballpark trade-in offer subject to seeing the car (if I traded it in today) would be about $28,000, and there’s a big tax benefit with a trade-in. Just wanted to share what I was seeing.
What's the tax benefit?
Sponsored