Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, I expected issues somewhere along the line and finally found them. Ordered 4/21, added mansquatch 10/21 for 22MY, got delivered today and purchase order didn’t include price protection from 22-22.5MY. Pointed it out and we’re working on how to get that applied. In the meantime I reach out to Ford customer service chat, and over the course of the next hour get the runaround on how I don’t qualify for 21-22 protection. I state multiple times that I know that and am looking for help on 22-22.5, she states first that it doesn’t exist and then that my April ‘21 order doesn’t qualify for that protection. So now my Bronco is in purgatory on the dealer lot because customer service couldn’t read the ford website.
Ford Bronco Ford Customer Service Strikes Again BC4925C1-1B69-465E-A0B8-4CE9F85D5CDA
Sponsored

SZairborne

Big Bend
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge charger GT AWD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Keep working the issue.

Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Broncobuster13

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good luck, but according to reading this page from Bronco Nation MY22 Mid-Year Bronco Pricing: What’s Changing, Who Has Price Protection, and More - Bronco Nation (thebronconation.com) because you made changes you do not have price protection
As I read the one on Ford’s site, because I didn’t change it after the 3/7 cutoff I should still qualify for 22-22.5 because I made the change when I reordered from 21. They made this whole thing way tougher than it needed to be.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took a screenshot of a post from another thread about the 22.5 price protection.
Screenshot_20220531-202311.jpg

OP
OP
Broncobuster13

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I took a screenshot of a post from another thread about the 22.5 price protection.
Ford Bronco Ford Customer Service Strikes Again Screenshot_20220531-202311
I appreciate it. My dealer I think just isn’t big enough and hasn’t had enough Bronco orders to really be up on it.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How much is the price difference? Are you getting your rig at MSRP?

Maybe instead of fighting it, just eat it and consider it a small ADM.

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is kind of a mess, but customer service is telling you what they see, they are not lying to you. You don't qualify for the original price protection, and then when you order the mansquatch it changes the 4x4 (after Oct 1, 2021) which makes you ineligible for the second price protection. But you should probably get the 22.5 pp, for $800.

The dealer will only see what's in smart vincent. If it isn't there it isn't there.

It really is not clear, but good luck on getting anything. I'd blame ford corporate not their customer service reps.

Msrp is still great. I went through the same thing. I was caught off guard at the dealer but i kinda understand it now after thinking on it a bit.

Who is the dealer? My dealer was awesome with the entire process. Msrp is still a great price for the basemansquatch, you'll love it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Broncobuster13

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update here for anyone who may be having the same issue. Customer chat was no help at all, however the gentleman I spoke to on the bronco support line confirmed I qualify for the 2nd protection. The way it works is that it’s a rebate to the dealer, but not found in VINCENT. They receive it after Ford verifies that the person placing the order actually purchased the vehicle, and it is up to the dealer whether to cover it up front or send the rebate in 30-45 days. The dealer is calling his regional rep to confirm so we can finish the paperwork.
Sponsored