Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I'm in this same boat with a few other folks (think 5 total) and trying to figure out options.

Reservation from the first 24-hours.
(July 14, 2020) reservation @ 0805 am EST)
(May 15th) Built in May, 2022
(June 7th) In transit from the plant to dealership, (still in control by Ford), it was hit by Omaha's worst hailstorm on June 7, 2022 (Hailstorm Video - News Article)
(June 18th) I call Ford hotline and they said my Bronco was damaged and it is repairable but cannot be sold as new and will be sold at auction and to please work with my dealer.s
(June 24th) Dealer states that Ford rep says damage is < $1000 thus it will be repaired and sold to me as new
(June 28th) Dealer is unable to get pictures of damage from Ford and Ford is unwilling to rebuild vehicle.
(June 30th) Dealer has no idea where vehicle is, nor when it will show up on their lot......

--- UPDATE --
(July 8th) Dealer notifies me that vehicle arrived, however printed memo in vehicle says $7500 of damage. Dealer states that I can accept the vehicle as "used" however need to sign a damage waiver and must pay full price, as Ford is not discounting the vehicle to them. -- OR -- I can refuse the vehicle and have it rebuilt, yet loose my price protection and priority from my day-1 order and will be put at the back of the line. ... wow !

Ford Bronco Ford damaged vehicle being sold as new 1657307394223
Ford Bronco Ford damaged vehicle being sold as new Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 6.06.34 AM

--------

--- ORIGINAL POST BELOW, when i was notified damage would be < $1000 ----

So my questions and concerns.
- What damage is < $1000 in a hailstorm like what went through Omaha? My wife had a scratch, not dent, on her drivers-side rear door from a parking lot on her Bronco Sport and the cost to fix the scratch (size of quarter) was $1120 from the Ford dealership. Paint door and blend. Hard to believe < $1000. Thus my request for pictures that was denied
- Now my vehicle will have a damage/accident report on it's record
- How much bondo will be on my vehicle?
- If the hood is dented and PDR repaired isnt the metal hood now more prone to dents and accidents as it's softer from the PDR process?
- Was the MIC Hardtop damaged or cracked?
- Was there any water leakage inside the vehicle from cracked windshield or other cracks / damage

This just doesnt seem right? This will be the 3rd Ford vehicle that I have bought in the last 18 months, and I feel I am being treated very poorly.

At this point the dealer says, Ford states it's a take it or leave it situation.
However, what do I do? This just breaks my heart.

Note: I have a very good dealer and no blame is on them nor should be..
I'm just trying to protect my 50k investment, and not find water damage or uncover something way down the road.

thx
Sponsored

Last edited:

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So my questions and concerns.
- What damage is < $1000 in a hailstorm like what went through Omaha? My wife had a scratch, not dent, on her drivers-side rear door from a parking lot on her Bronco Sport and the cost to fix the scratch (size of quarter) was $1120 from the Ford dealership. Paint door and blend.
- Now my vehicle will have a damage/accident report on it's record
- How much bondo will be on my vehicle?
- If the hood is dented and PDR repaired isnt the metal hood now more prone to dents and accidents as it's softer from the PDR process?
- Was the MIC Hardtop damaged or cracked?
- Was there any water leakage inside the vehicle from cracked windshield or other cracks / damage

This just doesnt seem right? This will be the 3rd Ford vehicle that I have bought in the last 18 months, and I feel I am being treated very poorly.

At this point the dealer says, Ford states it's a take it or leave it situation.
However, what do I do? This just breaks my heart.
Note: I have a very good dealer and no blame is on them nor should be.
Damage is not uncommon during shipping. The repair should not show up on the new vehicle record if done before you take delivery. The dealer should repair it professionally using factory parts if needed (no bondo).
Ask to take a look at it when it arrives and have their shop manager explain the repairs. It is probably not a big deal. You can decline and place another order if you want, but again this happens all the time and if you didn't special order it you wouldn't even know.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My advice would be to inspect the vehicle before it is repaired to get a feel for the real amount of damage. However, if it is less than grand then I doubt there is very much. As far as your other concerns:
- there shouldn't be a accident on the record because the vehicle isn't insured
- I doubt the dealer will slapping bond on there. With the exception of the windshield frame, most panels are easily replaceable.
- I don't think this is a concern
- again, inspect before repair but a damaged MIC is gonna be more than a grand to fix
- inspect, but I doubt water got in from a cracked windshield

Apply some critical thinking and keep the emotions out of it.

OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
My advice would be to inspect the vehicle before it is repaired to get a feel for the real amount of damage. However, if it is less than grand then I doubt there is very much. As far as your other concerns:
- there shouldn't be a accident on the record because the vehicle isn't insured
- I doubt the dealer will slapping bond on there. With the exception of the windshield frame, most panels are easily replaceable.
- I don't think this is a concern
- again, inspect before repair but a damaged MIC is gonna be more than a grand to fix
- inspect, but I doubt water got in from a cracked windshield

Apply some critical thinking and keep the emotions out of it.
Thanks.

Dealership is not doing the repair work. Ford is fixing the vehicle in some capacity, but not saying where or how or who. So when it arrives at dealership it will be repaired but we wont have any notes on it.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) technicians can work magic, and often live off the profits of doing hail storm repairs in the Midwest. I would recommend reviewing the vehicle after it has arrived at your dealer and the repairs have been made.

1) If you don't like what you see and are offered no discounts for the acknowledged damaged, then walk away from the order.

2) If you do like what you see, &/or your dealer offers you discounts or freebies to motivate your purchase, then close the deal, take it home and drive it for a while.

If you don't like it, you can always re-sell it. In current market conditions, you'll probably still get your costs back (including taxes) plus a profit. Then if you are still pleased with your current dealer, simply re-order a new Bronco from them when the order window opens up again.

OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) technicians can work magic, and often live off the profits of doing hail storm repairs in the Midwest. I would recommend reviewing the vehicle after it has arrived at your dealer and the repairs have been made.

1) If you don't like what you see and are offered no discounts for the acknowledged damaged, then walk away from the order.

2) If you do like what you see, &/or your dealer offers you discounts or freebies to motivate your purchase, then close the deal, take it home and drive it for a while.

If you don't like it, you can always re-sell it. In current market conditions, you'll probably still get your costs back (including taxes) plus a profit. Then if you are still pleased with your current dealer, simply re-order a new Bronco from them when the order window opens up again.
Dealer will not be offering any incentives. Any incentives would come from Ford only.

KGRoberts

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Chevelle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your dealer has access to Customer Satisfaction Cash. But it ends TODAY, June 30th.

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford usually has one dealer in the area with a body shop that they have do transportation damage that they find prior to delivery. So if the damage was found at the rail hub, chances are there is a dealer around that rail hub with a body shop that does their repairs. You might be able to find it if you want to.

Last edited:

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealership is not doing the repair work. Ford is fixing the vehicle in some capacity, but not saying where or how or who. So when it arrives at dealership it will be repaired but we wont have any notes on it.
It sounds like a bunch of vehicles were damaged and they are fixing them en masse somewhere? While that could be good news for repair quality, that is probably bad news for the wait. Hopefully you won't have to coin the phrase "hail mountain". Sorry!

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it's a "take it or leave it" situation I would take it. Don't think there's a whole lot of risk there. If they fix it and put it on the lot, the next guy isn't going to think twice. If you have second thoughts you can probably get your money out of it pretty easily the way the market is now.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Non issue IMO. There's no accident attached to the vehicle because it wasn't in an accident. Ford can also do a repair for far less than what you as a consumer would pay.

JRock17

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice Mountain 4dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Non issue IMO. There's no accident attached to the vehicle because it wasn't in an accident. Ford can also do a repair for far less than what you as a consumer would pay.
Agreed. And if Ford is repairing it you would probably never know anything was wrong. With mass production and high volume shipping, damages are more common than we think…..we just see it more first hand now because we all started tracking our Broncos every move!!

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks.

Maybe back at MAP.

Reactions: djp