First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lamborghini Lawnmower
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi All, I ordered a Bronco recently from a dealer that applies a mark-up and offers Z Plan on a case-by-case basis (but probably just says that to get a customer to place an order they can charge an ADM on after delivery), then found a dealer that honors Z Plan and does not apply a mark-up and placed an order with them as well. I reached out to the original dealer and requested my order be cancelled, but was told there's no need to cancel since I'm under no obligation to buy and they'll just sell my order retail, which as stated earlier they would probably do once they received the vehicle anyway.

Is this normal, or should I push for a cancellation? I'd hate for a dealer to receive a car they can try to charge a $10k ADM on before customers receive orders. Thanks.
Sponsored

ShaneMD27

Base
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 PPV Tahoe, 2001 Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi All, I ordered a Bronco recently from a dealer that applies a mark-up and offers Z Plan on a case-by-case basis (but probably just says that to get a customer to place an order they can charge an ADM on after delivery), then found a dealer that honors Z Plan and does not apply a mark-up and placed an order with them as well. I reached out to the original dealer and requested my order be cancelled, but was told there's no need to cancel since I'm under no obligation to buy and they'll just sell my order retail, which as stated earlier they would probably do once they received the vehicle anyway.

Is this normal, or should I push for a cancellation? I'd hate for a dealer to receive a car they can try to charge a $10k ADM on before customers receive orders. Thanks.
Switch your order to the good dealership. Buy both Broncos at msrp or below and resell one

SCADABronx

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC100, Gen2 Pilot, MX P100D, Gen1 MDX, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would move the reservation to the good dealer then either buy it and sell for profit as stated already, or let them have it as reward for being good. Or ask them to cancel it, which they also may not agree to do. I don't think dealers are worried about allocation penalties for name mismatch any more.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bill, when you say ordered does that mean you had a reservation with this dealer. That will make a difference in the answer you need.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That dealership will not cancel the order unless they are absolutely forced to do so... There is too much $$$ to walk away from it. Dealerships are in business to make money and are notorious for doing whatever it takes to keep every dollar they can.

Mgro

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m pretty sure you can cancel
It under “my reservations” after logging on to Ford.com

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just cancel it online? You don’t need them to cancel it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned