Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Consider yourself fairly warned, and I would suggest it isn’t just those who have not received a price in writing, but everyone who is at risk. Possession is 9/10ths of the law, and lawsuits have costs.

2022 Raptors priced by dealers with $40K + markups over 2021.

Sponsored

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There are going to be some dealers asking over MSRP and other asking MSRP or less. Just need to shop around and not get caught up in the extremes either way. They're going to sit on a lot of Raptors for $40k over.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Raptors sales are a bit different than Broncos. Each dealer is only allocated a few depending on your sales. I seen a grey raptor for $120k in Georgia.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Consider yourself fairly warned, and I would suggest it isn’t just those who have not received a price in writing, but everyone who is at risk. Possession is 9/10ths of the law, and lawsuits have costs.

2022 Raptors priced by dealers with $40K + markups over 2021.

This is a little spurious or alarmist, they were confusing a one-off Mecum Auction price with a dealer price until correcting themselves, although helpful to know and good advice about remembering gouging dealerships in the future.

Sponsored

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I stopped by my dealer this weekend and their lot was bare. Maybe 15-20 new vehicles max. Guess they are going to make up for sales somehow.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you order, the price will s determined in writing as a contract signed by you. If you go to order and they won’t sell at sticker or less, you switch dealers. I have already spoken with alternate dealers in my area to see who will sell at sticker or less if my chosen dealer fails to do the same. I am still a reservation holder from August 2020.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's no way I'm sitting through a 44 minute vid. What's the short part?
short version; guy posts a long video in the Bronco section of the forum about F1-50 Raptors being given huge ADM by some dealers. I expect Admin will bury it in the cheap seats shortly

RobNJ

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a reservation for 7/15. I put my order in Feb 21 AND insisted my dealer send me an email stating I would pay no more than MSRP +tx. B/c of delays in the black mod top, I changed it to code 99 in Feb. I gave up on the BMT and now plan to put my order in when MY22 order banks open up. Now my dealer is telling me that I would have to pay $10K ADM. any suggestions? Possible to switch dealers?

OP
OP
ReimundKrohn

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a reservation for 7/15. I put my order in Feb 21 AND insisted my dealer send me an email stating I would pay no more than MSRP +tx. B/c of delays in the black mod top, I changed it to code 99 in Feb. I gave up on the BMT and now plan to put my order in when MY22 order banks open up. Now my dealer is telling me that I would have to pay $10K ADM. any suggestions? Possible to switch dealers?
I believe 22 MY is already “sold out” due to the massive shortfall this year in production/delivery, no? I mean, if you plan on putting a new order in anyway, you might already be looking at a 23 MY at which point, who knows what the price will be?

👆Above wasn’t intended as discouragement, just thoughts on the matter. Waiting times seem to be all over the place, some folks get lucky. Some get the run around or left for dead.

Sponsored

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Slow your roll Hondo, many dealers will sell at MSRP! Friend of mine just bought one in Richmond for MSRP.
I just got 2022 Honda to get me by til the Bronco comes and I paid 1,800 under MSRP. There are dealership out there like Granger and a few others that are honorable. You just have to do so homework.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Label this chicken little as in the sky is falling…. Raptors are a different kinda beast all together. Broncos will be built as quick and as many as they can. The raptor has always been a limited production trim so of course they’re gonna get marked up. If dealers keep trying to mark up regular smegular Broncos they’ll eventually have overstock

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If Ford wants the Raptor to be the new low volume Ferrari, so be it. The prices will reflect the demand. But if this is just a supply chain thing, then all someone has to do is have a little patience (no Guns N Roses pun intended) and the prices will revert to mean in the next year or two.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would it shock me if some dealers use the MY22 order as an opportunity to try to squeeze more dough out of us? No. But it's a bit premature to be talking about this before we can even order a MY22.

Once the order books open, I'm thinking Ford corporate will be telling the dealers pretty clearly to not treat reservation holders like crap. That goes against everything they are trying to do with the customer satisfaction program Ford is paying for. Safe to say there will be bad apples, and those dealers should be called out here by name, but it's too early for widespread alarm about this.

And we might have an opportunity with the model year changeover to change dealers again, which could give us something to hold over them too (assuming that Ford doesn't simply allocate a retail model to them that they can mark up by 10k instead -- which would be idiotic on Ford's part).

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do people not believe in capitalism anymore? Supply and demand? These are luxury vehicles. If a dealer posts a Raptor for 100K and someone willingly buys it at 100K (which some are) what is the issue? Sure it’s sucks for people that want them and wish to get them at MSRP. I’m sure no one here would have an issue selling their truck to a dealer at 30K over blue book only knowing that they would mark it up further.

Like anything, if something is too expensive, shop around. Part of a free market is competition. A dealer with more reasonable prices is going to probably get more business and a better reputation. It all works out in the end.
Sponsored

Last edited: