First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At the time of ordering, my local dealer had $1,000 off MSRP. I'm hoping that's still true with this delay. I trust Les Stumpf not to gouge with ADM.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I know I can secure one at $5k ADM without shopping too much, getting one at MSRP or under would use up all my connection credits lol

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is my concern - just because Ford said no MSRP increase for pre-March 19 orders and reservations, doesn't mean when you re-order with you dealer they can't charge more ADM or fees for 2022. It's an inflection point for re-negotiation.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is my concern - just because Ford said no MSRP increase for pre-March 19 orders and reservations, doesn't mean when you re-order with you dealer they can't charge more ADM or fees for 2022. It's an inflection point for re-negotiation.
yup, I already re-upped my MY21 deal because dealers will screw you if you dont.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
TL;DR: Raptors? yeah. Limited Production with no mannequins so high ADMs help them retain it to demo for additional sales. Everything else? Just greed. Shop around, Find out. Good dealerships do exist!
--
If it's a legit LPV (Limited Production Vehicle), ADMs make sense to try and hold on to it as selling may cost them sales since people often want that instant gratification to test-drive before they buy. A high-ADM means they can redirect people to ordering so they don't lose their show model the day they put it on the lot.

However, LPV is not the same as limited availability. LPV is often low-production or limited-number runs and has a certificate that confirms it's one of a limited few. Generally, these are the SVT and other limited-run Mustangs like the Shelby, GT600, Bullitt, F-150 Raptor, the GT., etc. Dealerships often do not get mannequin/stock units so the ADM makes sense to delay the purchase of the few they do get in stock.

By the way, if you have one of these vehicles, you can order the certificate here (Requires VIN):
https://fordshowparts.com/collections/vehicles

The Bronco is not an LPV and as such, it does not have an LPV certificate. The ADMs on Broncos is a money-grab in many cases. By that, I mean that dealerships will have mannequins for test drives and such, so it's not to retain units. I can see them with the limited availability now as dealerships need money to keep the lights on with low inventory counts, but if they get too high, word spreads fast and they could end up losing sales to other dealerships nearby or even out of town now Like I noted in another post, one of those "On Your Side" news segments recently aired a story about these, and they called out 2 dealerships in Charlotte for it, but noted the dealership can legally charge any price they want, so as the consumer you should shop around and get pricing in writing when you place your order.

Today is not 9/15/1979. Many dealerships really need to wake up to this fact if they want to compete with dealerships that already get it. You as the customer are not tied to your local dealerships anymore. We know about Granger, Stevens, Long-MacArthur, and a bunch of other dealerships nationwide that are doing right by customers by putting the knowledge out there, offering no-ADMs, some offer below invoice, and even some with free delivery to you. Some are moving to 'fully digital documentation' methods to have paperwork signed and done without ever having to speak to or set foot in a dealership now, too.

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It does feel like the manufacturers are setting up the dealer network so that they can sell direct in the future because they know greed runs rampant. They can turn around and say see they price gouged customers and our customers need choice. I know a lot of people say "free market" but the automotive industry and laws that protect dealers are anything but free market.
Sponsored