BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a large Ford store. I normally have anywhere from 2000-2300 vehicles on my lot. I am currently sitting at a little over 1200. It's only going to get worse the next few months. I'd say 6-12 months may be realistic.
Looks like it may finally be the time to thin out the herd and put my Jeep and F250 up for sale...
Sponsored

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My local dealer had 6 new cars on their lot last Thursday. Even the used car selection was pretty bleak looking, many looked like stuff they would have sent to action in years past.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like it may finally be the time to thin out the herd and put my Jeep and F250 up for sale...
yea if you dont need a replacement it is the perfect time to unload spare vehicles.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can practically get what I paid for my Jeep 2 years ago selling it to Carvana. It’s insane and I am really considering selling it (private party)and just buying a beater to get me by lol.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

in theory, yes. but no one can match china's cost, so unless everyone is willing to pay 20%+ more for literally everything, we're beholden right now.
The real problem is the next war will be both informational and economic, and China has the ability to employ both to strangle us. The US has morphed into a nation of consumers, not manufacturers, we make very little of what we purchase, and that needs to change or China will hold the power to shut us down.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have never seen the Ford and Chevy dealerships I drive by everyday this empty of new vehicles before. Sad. How are these dealership workers making any money seeing how they make commission off of the vehicles they sell? Can’t make money when there are no vehicles to sell.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can practically get what I paid for my Jeep 2 years ago selling it to Carvana. It’s insane and I am really considering selling it (private party)and just buying a beater to get me by lol.
I have my Ram 2500 and an older Ford Ranger. Thought about selling my Ram and just driving the Ranger until I get my Bronco. The only downside is I won’t be able to take my bass boat out during that break between selling the Ram and getting the Bronco.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to sound stupid here. From what I’ve been reading is that this particular semiconductor chip isn’t included in the bronco. In this article it makes it seem like allllll chips will be effected.. so what does this mean for bronco?

Sponsored

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, certainly and it would be quite rough, the whole economy of said countries would essentially need a hard reboot. America made everything in the 1950's and thus the products cost more (relatively speaking) but the economy was also as such that factory jobs paid enough for folks to afford a home, kids and a stay at home wife.

Disclaimer: I have a very limited understanding of economics in this regard - I am just a salty millennial who sees everything getting worse, not better. Aka a house near me was just shown SEVENTY TIMES in 48 hours. sold for over asking price. in Cash. What a great time to be in your mid 20's
"salty millenial" "mid 20's" it is never too late. Too many expectations too much social media. Getting it all now is not how it really works for the majority. It is life and you will come to understand.
FYI, Cash is usually the end result for the seller. A cash offer really doesn't mean much unless someone needs to get a mortgage to buy. In a slow market though some sellers may feel pressure to sell quick especially if they are moving to a new job location or new home purchase. The seller may jump at a lesser cash offer instead for waiting for an offer for a higher price that has to qualify for mortgage at risk of losing a cash now buyer. Cash is king if one of the offers is depending on a mortgage and the loan would exceed the amount the property is worth, the lender will not loan the money. Maybe if things like student loans were like getting a mortgage there would be less of a money problem for some.
It is ok to see the negative but use it to your advantage. One step at a time. Think positive and be flexible. What may seem as getting worse in one part of the country is an open opportunity in another. Motivation is a key to success, but make sure you understand what success is long term. Henry Ford, "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right."

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
MY21, welcome to 2022. MY22, welcome to 2023.

Well folks, it looks like we have more time to save money. On the bright side, everyone that has disciplined themselves and put money aside on a regular basis, will have a small note or none at all 😃
If only someone has thought of the idea to just have MY21s be early MY22s.

aside from instant gratification, or having it first, I think it’s actually a negative to get a MY21 at this point.

BrandoBD

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F-150 FX4 Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have seen every episode of MacGyver, so just send me my Bronco minus the chips... a couple of foil gum wrappers and paper clips should do the trick.

Ford Bronco Ford Dealers May Not Have New Inventory Until August 7580
Sponsored