Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just had to share my first world problem.

Ford picked me to have the option to convert my Wildtrak to a Raptor and my dealership is taking advantage of me. This is the true problem.

My dealer promised me a Bronco, any model at MSRP 18 months ago. Now @Ford Motor Company gave me the option to upgrade my Wildtrak to Raptor for a MSRP increase of $18k and now my greedy Ford Dealer wants $25k on top of MSRP. This is Bait and Switch at the Corporate level. At least my Father-in-law who has 33 years on law enforcement thinks. I have already made one complaint to @Ford Motor Company Bronco line because the dealer was not following up with my emails to get the paperwork, they gave me a deadline of 13th and sent me the paper work yesterday. But wait, they used the wrong email address. Seems the last 18 months of email correspondence was a fantasy and magically my email has changed in there system. This is classic used car salesmanship.
Ford Bronco Hotline is closed today, now what? I can sign and deal with it in the future. I can not sign and stick to my Wildtrak order and wait another year for delivery.

Edit #2:
This is starting to smell like a classic Bait and Switch at the Corporate level. Ford is offering a Bronco at below market prices(MSRP) that no one can get. Then sending out a GT email to get a different Bronco at Market prices and you will get it a year earlier.
This seems like a good definition of Bait and Switch, I wonder what my DA would say about this? I wonder if this is a possible class action, all those people who walked away because of excessive ADM and are still waiting for there Bronco.

Edit#3
Raptor is going to another person who is willing to pay $25k+. Ford Marketing is a failure.

Ford Bronco Ford Dealership fukery, $25k ADM or we will not convert 1647207912135
Sponsored

Last edited:

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you are a early reservation holder/hand raiser, then you should be getting price protection, ie MSRP. My dealer flat out told me Ford is watching them and they can't put ADM on my order. They did tell me they are putting $30k ADM on their non-GT allocation of BRap

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That was 18 months ago.
And how is it corporate? Youā€™re the one who wants something exclusive and limited and youā€™re not willing to pay the market rate when the wildtrak isnā€™t good enough for you.
Us regular people donā€™t feel sorry for you.

Laserdoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Other than lodging the complaint, customer service will not be of any assistance. A multitude of other forum members have been down this road and are essentially left to work it out with the dealer. I agree, it's absolute bullshit. With Ford not allowing customers to switch their golden ticket Raptor to a more hospitable dealer, the ticket holders have zero leverage.
Unless you are going to pay the $25k ADM, I would not sign it and try to deal with it later. It's highly unlikely that anything is going to change and then having your signature on it, will not help the cause.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That was 18 months ago.
And how is it corporate? Youā€™re the one who wants something exclusive and limited and youā€™re not willing to pay the market rate when the wildtrak isnā€™t good enough for you.
When you make a steak, do you use other spices to make it taste good? I hope so, because your level of salty might rub off on it.

Sponsored

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah, that's a hard pass unless you really want it that bad. Try Ford, sure, but there's not much they seem to be doing to hold dealers to MSRP on Raptors.

OP
OP
mkennedy009

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am at a loss, I do not think this is a contract, because of the disclaimer. I do not think either of us have a legal standing. I am not a lawyer, just a guy who signed up 18 months ago to buy a Bronco at MSRP.
Ford Bronco Ford Dealership fukery, $25k ADM or we will not convert 1647209048803

BTW, I have $25k as my down payment and finance the rest, that prolly will not happen. I don't think FoMoCo Finance division would touch that request.
I guess Bronco Raptor are only for the wealthy.

OP
OP
mkennedy009

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That was 18 months ago.
You make a good point and I have seen Bronco's sell $20k over MSRP all the time, just not to reservation holders. Ford made a promise to everyone who forked over $100 to get in line to get a Bronco, any model, any doors. The point I am making is this is just another Bronco model and I am just another reservation holder. I would love to see if any reservation holder is paying over MSRP on the Bronco Everglades model. That thing is a real flop, my opinion.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you are a early reservation holder/hand raiser, then you should be getting price protection, ie MSRP. My dealer flat out told me Ford is watching them and they can't put ADM on my order. They did tell me they are putting $30k ADM on their non-GT allocation of BRap
Price protection only limits what the MSRP is, not ADM. There is no protection against ADM from FORD.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Price protection for those early 2020/2021 reservation holders is only good for a similarly equipped 2022/2023 model.

Which obviously rules out the Bronco Raptor since it wasnā€™t even available to order in 2021. If you switch to Bronco Raptor you forfeit price protection. And as @kodiakisland said, price protection is only for MSRP, not for whatever the final selling price is. That final selling price is ultimately between you and the dealer.

Last edited:

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Price protection for those early 2020/2021 reservation holders is only good for a similar equipped 2022/2023 model.

Which obviously rules out the Bronco Raptor since it wasnā€™t even available to order in 2021. If you switch to Bronco Raptor you forfeit price protection. And as @kodiakisland said, price protection is only for MSRP, not for whatever the final selling price is. That final selling price is ultimately between you and the dealer.
Sshhhh dont tell my dealer this

computertom

Raptor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We seem to be getting mixed messages on what happens to allocations if you stick with your original order and you're a GT holder - though I feel like we should have definitive answers by now. I was ready to walk as I wanted a Raptor, but not enough to pay an ADM. My dealer, after some confusion in the beginning, came in right at MSRP and has been great. Sorry you're having such a crap experience.

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just had to share my first world problem.

Ford picked me to have the option to convert my Wildtrak to a Raptor and my dealership is taking advantage of me. This is the true problem.

My dealer promised me a Bronco, any model at MSRP 18 months ago. Now @Ford Motor Company gave me the option to upgrade my Wildtrak to Raptor for a MSRP increase of $18k and now my greedy Ford Dealer wants $25k on top of MSRP. This is Bait and Switch at the Corporate level. At least my Father-in-law who has 33 years on law enforcement thinks. I have already made one complaint to @Ford Motor Company Bronco line because the dealer was not following up with my emails to get the paperwork, they gave me a deadline of 13th and sent me the paper work yesterday. But wait, they used the wrong email address. Seems the last 18 months of email correspondence was a fantasy and magically my email has changed in there system. This is classic used car salesmanship.
Ford Bronco Hotline is closed today, now what? I can sign and deal with it in the future. I can not sign and stick to my Wildtrak order and wait another year for delivery.

Edited:
Ford Bronco Ford Dealership fukery, $25k ADM or we will not convert 1647209048803

It's time to start crashing trucks at these corrupt price gouging asshole stealerships!! Ford dont care if they screw us! I'm sure Ford wont care if we screw them back! Sick of the bullshit.
Sponsored