Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is a really nice story about Sara Ford (assuming last name changed with marriage), and giving back to a worthy cause.

As posted by the Detroit Free Press on 10/15/2020:

Ford family donates limited edition 2021 Bronco to St. Jude auction

Ford family donates limited edition 2021 Bronco to St. Jude auction.

As a small child, Sarah Fox faced a monumental challenge – battling a blood cancer known as acute lymphoblastic leukemia, the most common type of childhood cancer.

Her outlook was so dire that her family took her to St. Jude Children's Hospital in Memphis, Tenn. Named after the patron saint of desperate and lost causes, St. Jude specializes in treating childhood illness. Families don’t receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing, or food.

“My parents opted to have me treated at St Jude, even though we lived in Michigan, because in 1985, St Jude was the only hospital that was administering a chemotherapy drug at the immediate onset of diagnosis that seemed to be making a difference in prognosis,” she said.

Years later, she'd marry into one of the most storied families in Detroit automotive history: the Fords. Now she and her husband, Calvin Ford — great-great-grandson of Henry Ford — are giving back to St. Jude, an organization that left a profound effect on Sarah's life by donating one of the most coveted vehicles in the automaker's lineup: a limited edition 2021 Bronco SUV.

It's one of only 7,000 being manufactured, and it's being auctioned off on CharityBuzz to raise funds for St. Jude’s Detroit Gala. The 2021 Bronco SUV is one of the most hotly anticipated new vehicles to be hitting the market.

Ford revealed the 2021 Bronco, which ended production 24 years ago, in July. Demand for the 2021 Bronco SUV is so strong that Ford doesn't expect to fill all customer orders into 2022, the company told the Free Press.

The first-edition Bronco being auctioned off is lightning blue. The car’s interior is leather-trimmed vinyl. It has an automatic transmission.

Sarah’s connection with St. Jude Children's Hospital runs deep.

“I have many memories of my experience at St. Jude including trips to the gift store following my treatment with my mom, spinal taps and bone marrow tests at that young age of 2, and the nurses who always remembered me and the way they’d say my name,” Sarah said.

Sarah was treated with chemotherapy for 2½ years and was consistently seen until she was 18. She even became part of St. Jude’s long-term research and says her relationship with St. Jude staff — especially with Dr. Gaston Rivera — is life-long.

“When I began my treatment he (Dr. Rivera) told my parents he would one day dance at my wedding, which he did when I married Calvin in 2011,” she said.

The auction is live from Oct. 15-29, and the virtual gala is on Oct. 27. For the potential auction winner, the vehicle is expected to be ready by May-June 2021. The Bronco will be available for pickup at Suburban Ford of Sterling Heights, and the winner will be required to provide information for the title transfer.

The auction winner will be responsible for taxes, dealer fees, and other additional costs. For out-of-state winners, the vehicle can be shipped. The estimated value for this limited-edition vehicle is $59,305.

When talking about St. Jude, Sarah said, “I remember feeling safe when I would walk through the doors, knowing I was being taken care of with love.”
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I doubt all 7500 reservations will follow thru especially with the conversation some of these dealers are having trying to convert to sales.

Good on Ford though, this is one time I don't mind hearing about the Bronco going for more than msrp but watch all the dealerships frothing as it sets a precedence on their markup!

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Or 6,995 sold to customers and 5 held back for charity work and good will....

There used to be a time when America was praised for it's goodwill and corporations were well regarded and valued for their goodwill and charitable work, it would draw customers in rather than repel them.

Oh how long ago that was when we strived for that as individuals and as a society.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i was here before @JAGSarge added it to his very valuable timeline. in all seriousness though, they probably had someone that cancelled their reservation.

Sponsored

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was hoping to see a picture of the actual FE they were auctioning. Yes, I do also miss corporations doing the right thing and not be so greedy. If only we could hit the reset button.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Go St Jude! It's the one charity I will give to without second, thought or worry about how my money will be used. Bless Ms. Ford

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was hoping to see a picture of the actual FE they were auctioning. Yes, I do also miss corporations doing the right thing and not be so greedy. If only we could hit the reset button.

No need, corporations donate billions a year for different charities, just be nice if we had a media that highlighted those facts as opposed to , “ if it bleeds, it leads”. ?

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where do we make bids?

Sponsored

Fergie72

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Ford Bronco, 2013 Explorer, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish this was a Lottery Style fund-raiser rather than an Auction! I would buy a ticket for $10 or $20, and if you get 5,000 or 10,000 folks, you can still raise $100,000 or more.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hmm I guess my 7001 prediction was right but not for this reason.

So cool Ford is doing this- hopefully they reveal before B&P